Help error verifying steam user ID ticket

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Hi all,

I've searched the web on this one and there appears to be a lot of info on it and some suggested fixes, none of which work for me.

Basically, I connect to a CS: S server and after about 10 seconds I get the above error. I've tried:

- deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file from the STEAM directory
- logging out of steam completely (change user) and logging back in with my password

Neither of these help, the only thing to have changed on my account was that I reinstalled my STEAM on my new PC and downloaded all the games I paid for. I'm thinking of contacting valve, but I'm hoping someone might have some further info on this.

Cheers

PS I tried logging into games with several weeks of an interval, so it's not a temporary fault.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
1- open a ticket with valve support
2- got anyone u trust can lend you their steam account ? see if its your machine or your account
3- is it only CS ? verified the files? reinstall just that ?
4- can u use anything else on steam ? installed anything recently that might interefere ?
5- check for info on where your user id is in registry, check its not gone for a walk

er cant think of anything else tbh, steam can be a right bugger when it decides to:(

/edit
forgot the obvious one:

6- copy all the steam/steamapps folder to save the game installs, remove steam, reinstall it, tell it to download everything, then turn it off and overwrite the folder, then verify if needed

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Cheers Mabs, I found some further instructions to delete steam.dll and steamui.dll in addition to the ClientRegistry.blob file then a reboot. That seemed to sort it, thanks :).

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Cheers Mabs, I found some further instructions to delete steam.dll and steamui.dll in addition to the ClientRegistry.blob file then a reboot. That seemed to sort it, thanks :).

Thank god because if contacting Valve was your last resort it would of been a total fucking nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom