Error message (403)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Zaltais, what kind of network card are you using?

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
should the shrouded isles update.dat have a size of 140 or 142 bytes ?

if i delete a character after the last text in that file i can get the filesize down to 140 bytes but when i run camelot it updates update.dat to 142 bytes in size again.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
btw my brother has same hardware as me

Marvell yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit ethernet controller (onboard p5ad2 premium) i have bios version 1.10 and hes bios revision is 1.06 if i remember correctly

he has 2048/256 DSL (tdc is also hes ISP)

hes from Denmark too

he can run Shrouded isles just fine (so far...)

same hardware (i cant run si, he can)

IainC

Ok, here's a suggestion. From what I can see so far, the people affected have onboard network cards. Go to the properties page for your network card (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Network Adapters then right click on the network card and choose 'properties'). Look for a setting called Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming and disable it. Then see if you are able to connect.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Ok, here's a suggestion. From what I can see so far, the people affected have onboard network cards. Go to the properties page for your network card (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Network Adapters then right click on the network card and choose 'properties'). Look for a setting called Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming and disable it. Then see if you are able to connect.
what if that don´t work...when ToA/cata clients works to update...there is the issue...but i will try it tonight...or else u need to look at your own network

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
just disabled Hardware checksum on my onboard network card - it still doesnt work.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tiarta said:
should the shrouded isles update.dat have a size of 140 or 142 bytes ?

if i delete a character after the last text in that file i can get the filesize down to 140 bytes but when i run camelot it updates update.dat to 142 bytes in size again.

Try to set in to read only and see if by chance it's a problem on that file (may not work if the patch is instructed to flag it again writeable altho).

zaltais

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
Zaltais, what kind of network card are you using?

AM USING REALTEK RTL8139/810X FAMILY FAST ETHERNET NIC

HAVE FOLLOWED (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Network Adapters then right click on the network card and choose 'properties'). Look for a setting called Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming and disable it.THIS OPTION IS NOT SHOWN :(

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
im a little curious about what chipset drivers ppl use those who has problems with the si client.

im using - Intel 925X chipset driver

i even tried to use an older version of the chipset driver (it didnt help)

so i guess i wont be renewing my buffbot account when it runs out next time.

no reason to pay for shit you cant use anyway !

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Try to set in to read only and see if by chance it's a problem on that file (may not work if the patch is instructed to flag it again writeable altho).

i have tried that, it just change the files attributes so it can be written to again.

(was something of the first i tried)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
No answer yet? Blimey thought it would have been sorted by now. We gonna get some recompense for this? Paying for game play yet unable to play?

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
What chipset are you using on your computer MKJ ?

maybe its the chipset or some version of chipset drivers that are faulty :p

IainC

We've made some changes to file permissions and the way that the patcher communicates. This should mean that those of you who weren't able to patch previously can now do so. Let me know if you are still unable to connect.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Wohaaa - tis working now. Well done. Now all you gotta do is get rid of the buffbots and chuck a load of luv at SBs and I might think you lot are ok guys. Fat chance though eh! :twak:

How many are you in that office? 3 or so? One doing the coding and one counting the money and the other making tea?

soze

I am a FH squatter
MKJ said:
Wohaaa - tis working now. Well done. Now all you gotta do is get rid of the buffbots and chuck a load of luv at SBs and I might think you lot are ok guys. Fat chance though eh! :twak:

How many are you in that office? 3 or so? One doing the coding and one counting the money and the other making tea?

Wow so the gms fix your problem and rather that saying thanks you give them shit what a thankless job those guys have.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for fixing it, RvR was really hard for me with ToA client, and yes... remember that they actually fixed the problem so let's thank em for that.

Me ----> :wub: <--- Goa GMs

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
it works now.

do we get compensation for the time we havent been able to use our account ?(after catacombs patch day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom