Error message (403)

Sangral

Fledgling Freddie
Error message (403)

Cannot retrieve update notes manifest.
Please wait a while and try connecting again.
If you still cannot connect, check your internet settings.

Hell, there's nothing wrong with my internet setting and I keep getting this once I try to start the updater.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem and does anybody have a fix?
Input appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

zaltais

Loyal Freddie
Sangral said:
Error message (403)

Cannot retrieve update notes manifest.
Please wait a while and try connecting again.
If you still cannot connect, check your internet settings.

Hell, there's nothing wrong with my internet setting and I keep getting this once I try to start the updater.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem and does anybody have a fix?
Input appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Have same problem,has not worked since day after patch.
Cannot get origional game to get past same stage either,
but ToA account seems fine, although very prone to just
closing without any reason at all and booting me back to
desktop. :eek6:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
got same problem and my comp is so bad that I cant play with toa in rvr :(

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
same here...tryd reinstalld SI now and tryd...still dident work...Come on GoA...FIx it so we can play SI client to if ppl don´t have uber comps to play latest gfx client in massive RvR!!!!

i like to Farm in AC/PoC/ and some SI zones...but lagg some with ToA...SI works like a charm for me....so fix it for god sake

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Same problem here.

Patching the client to ToA disallows to join the server.

Noob programmers...

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely unbelievable. Seems that Mythic is hell bent on getting rid of people. I for one ain't buying another bloody game off them. Infact I want recompense for my last subscription if I can't log on again for effsake. Mythic are so incredibly inept tis really creepy never mind shocking.

zaltais

Loyal Freddie
Now my ToA account is playing stupid games, it lets me log on and play for approx 3 minutes then closes game fully and gives me back desktop. So this is now 2 accounts im paying for and cant use !!! FRUSTRATED IS NOT THEE WORD

Slambam

Fledgling Freddie
I got the same prob

I got the same prob - Running Toa No problem. but when i try 2 log my bb online with SI it says error message 403, plz fix asap. need the damn bb ;D

popa

Fledgling Freddie
i sponsor a firend and get same problem after download SI instaler from the web page

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ok I've tried to reproduce this. Yesterday I was getting the same error, I checked my update.dat and changed it to a current one. After that I had no problems. Today I try to reproduce the problem I got yesterday for the techies and everything works fine. I've tried connecting with an old install, I've reinstalled from disks, I've downloaded the client from the website, every time it's worked fine.

Two things to check. If you're running a firewall, make sure that patch.bin and camelot.exe have permission to access the internet.
Then open the file update.dat in your SI folder and make sure it says the following. If it doesn't then copy and paste the following over the top of whatever is in there then save the file. Make sure there are no spaces at the end of any of the lines.
Code:
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
the update dat you posted is just like that (i updated the update.dat anyway to be sure) and turned off my firewall.

still same error !

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly the same problem here! Firewall on or off makes no diff.

IainC

Well the patch servers work fine so if your update.dat is fine and your internet connection is fine then the only logical explanation is that your camelot.exe is corrupted somehow.
Go to the official site and under the Downloads section download the SI client installer (it's only a 1mb file). Delete the camelot.exe in your SI folder and reinstall SI to that same folder using the downloaded installer (you should only have to reinstall the .exe). Then try and patch again.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
i just did as you said (downloaded that LauncherDAoC_SI_uk) pointed it to where i have installed Shrouded Isles and let it check my si and redownload Camelot.exe

still same error :p

btw ran LauncherDAoC_SI_uk and camelot.exe without firewall.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
its pretty weird toa client works and si is fucked up.

tbh it sounds more that si's camelot.exe is fucked up somehow.

think we need a new binary of that one.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
so if its not the firewall, neither the update.dat or the camelot.exe (maybe a bug in camelot.exe anyway)

then its the internet settings on players computer or the server.

could the MTU settings affect how camelot.exe runs ?

http://www.psc.edu/~mathis/MTU/

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just checked out the official site and the 'Download Dark Age of Shrouded Isles' file. First part worked fine but as soon as I instructed it to install the game into a directory where it should download 1.2 gigs of data the same 403 error message kicks in. Tried the others and they seem to work fine so tis just this one.

IainC

I can't reproduce the problem here. I've reinstalled and tried various methods of patching and no matter what I do it works fine everytime. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the SI client or the patchers. There has to be something common to each of you who are experiencing this problem other than the fact that you all run the SI client. It doesn't appear to affect everyone who runs the SI client.
Perhaps if you could all post below:- Network card type, ISP intenet conection (cable/dsl/dial-up etc) and the country you are connecting from.

IainC

MKJ said:
Well I just checked out the official site and the 'Download Dark Age of Shrouded Isles' file. First part worked fine but as soon as I instructed it to install the game into a directory where it should download 1.2 gigs of data the same 403 error message kicks in. Tried the others and they seem to work fine so tis just this one.
I just reinstalled SI on my machine using that same downloader. It worked with no problems for me. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the file or the patcher.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Marvell yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit ethernet controller (onboard p5ad2 premium)

got 4096/512 DSL (tdc is my ISP)

i am from Denmark

running XP with service pack 2 with all updates up until this date.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
tbh its not our hardware that is fucked up.

TOA WORKS.

si doesnt

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
the problem occured after patch day (if you read all the other posts that other user's has posted)

so this points out its not us that is causing the problem.

but something that happened on the patch day.........................

IainC

But SI works for me and presumably for all the other people who haven't complained about this issue. If the SI client was universally broken I'd have had a lot more reports via RightNow than I have (one so far).

I don't know where the problem is. It could be a routing issue to the patch server, it could be some random conflict with a hardware device on certain machines, it could be something not even touched on yet. As it's not affecting everyone, the people that it is affecting must have something in common. If we can identify that common factor we can look at how to fix it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
But SI works for me and presumably for all the other people who haven't complained about this issue. If the SI client was universally broken I'd have had a lot more reports via RightNow than I have (one so far).

I don't know where the problem is. It could be a routing issue to the patch server, it could be some random conflict with a hardware device on certain machines, it could be something not even touched on yet. As it's not affecting everyone, the people that it is affecting must have something in common. If we can identify that common factor we can look at how to fix it.

Game worked for me before 1.73.

Installing SI from my original copy, the merchandising discs I got with Catacombs or via the download client doesn't work. And as you might know, switching the patch server to the ToA tree fixes the problem. So?

I'll be fine at the weekend, cause I got a 2nd ToA copy incoming and a Catacombs copy already here.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
It has something to do with the patching for sure, I have the same problem Tried to reinstall everything but it's a nono :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hrmmm was working fine until today (playing all weekend) now I got this prob as well.

Mael, 50th ment.

IainC

Manisch Depressiv said:
Game worked for me before 1.73.

Installing SI from my original copy, the merchandising discs I got with Catacombs or via the download client doesn't work. And as you might know, switching the patch server to the ToA tree fixes the problem. So?

I'll be fine at the weekend, cause I got a 2nd ToA copy incoming and a Catacombs copy already here.
It worked for other people after 1.73 - see Maeloch's post above - it works for me now I've had other people in the office reinstalling and repatching SI over and over again none have encountered any problems.

As I said above there's no way we can fix it or offer advice on what's gone wrong unless we can identify what is common to all the people who suffer from this problem. The patch server works. I connect and patch to it with no problems, every version of the executable that I've tried also works. The reason it isn't working for the people who have posted in this thread will be for some reason that is common to you all but doesn't apply to me or to others. This is why I asked for the information that I did. Unless the rest of you are going to help yourselves out and post the info that I've asked for, there's not a lot else I can do.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Okies heres the relevent details , dont suppose GFX card etc... matters.
Using onboard Intel Pro/1000 network connector connected to a router and on adsl.
Motherboard is a asus P4C-800E deluxe.
Toa works fine and i havent been able to connect with SI client since the initial patching to 1.73.

zaltais

Loyal Freddie
Ok. Have Reinstalled Orig Game/si And Toa Fully Again FROM ORIGIONAL DISCS.. It Looks Good Until U Pass The Enter Cd KEY Screen. When It Updates The Update Client. IT ASKS YOU TO RE RUN LOADING CLIENT And Then Message 403 Occurs... BTW SAME THING HAPPENS WHEN I TRY TO LOAD ORIGIONAL GAME TOO, ONLY TOA LOADS BUT TIME ONLINE BEFORE BEING BOOTED TO WINDOWS WITH NO ERROR MESSAGE MAKES IT UNPLAYABLE

Amd Athlon Xp 2000+
Nvidea Geforce 4 Mx 440 128mb
Running Windows 2000 Pro
640 Mb Ram
Am Located In Manchester U.k
Using Ntl 750k Broadband

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom