Erm, im patching it seems...

T

The Real Redi

please, let it be Foundations, as i was in the middle of SCing a whole suit, and it LD'd and started patchin on the next login...

<prays its something little... sees 21.3Mb and gets that sinking US-patch feeling...>

L

Lanfaer

your gut is probably not lying to you I'm afraid :(

T

The Real Redi

<throws a tanrum... can't find a tantrum... throws a shoe instead>

FFS!!! I HATE MYTHIC!!! if we aren't allowed the patch's till theyre translated and the grammar gets all muddled up, WHY CAN I CONNECT AND PATCH DIRECTLY FROM THE FUCKING US SERVERS???????

www.mythic.youarelame.com

(old)

R

Roo Stercogburn

It could be worse. You could get back from LD and find you're an Alb.

Erm.

I'll get my coat.

:D

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by The Real Redi
please, let it be Foundations, as i was in the middle of SCing a whole suit, and it LD'd and started patchin on the next login...

<prays its something little... sees 21.3Mb and gets that sinking US-patch feeling...>

what I dont get is why you patch at all?

usually it updates the patching client first, thus giving you a warning that your update.dat has been fucked!

goa will NEVER patch without notice, it just wont happen

T

The Real Redi

Re: Re: Erm, im patching it seems...

Originally posted by Addlcove
what I dont get is why you patch at all?

usually it updates the patching client first, thus giving you a warning that your update.dat has been fucked!

goa will NEVER patch without notice, it just wont happen

Ahh, but i am lazy ;)

After LDing in the middle of trying to move chain sleeves from me to my vault, i panicked and just hit return a few times, wondered why it had bombed me out before asking for my password, and restarted it :(

More haste, less speed i fear...

C

Cyradix

Makes me wonder why lots of people just let the game download the entire patch? If I haven't read anything on the official site or BW about a patch I just click cancel as soon as it starts patching

L

Larssi

Originally posted by The Real Redi

To avoid all patching crap (I don't understand how after so much time GOA hasn't fixed this, but well, they do their best at everything I guess) make a .bat file to launch DAOC:

rem goto camelot (SI) dir
d:
cd \games\camelot\si\
rem and run login.dll
login.dll

Give game the possibility to patch only when there's some reason for it.

Give a task to Goa. And after months and months of waiting, go and do it yourself...

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
It could be worse. You could get back from LD and find you're an Alb.

Erm.

I'll get my coat.

:D

:clap:

A

Arlone

Originally posted by Larssi
To avoid all patching crap (I don't understand how after so much time GOA hasn't fixed this, but well, they do their best at everything I guess) make a .bat file to launch DAOC:

d:
cd \games\camelot\si\
rem and run login.dll
login.dll

Give a task to Goa. And after months and months of waiting, go and do it yourself...

good tip, worked like a charm :)

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Lanfaer
your gut is probably not lying to you I'm afraid :(

it's worrying that I read gut as "grand unified theory" - was thinking 'eh?' for a moment. :(

N

naetha

Originally posted by Larssi

d:
cd \games\camelot\si\
rem and run login.dll
login.dll

How do you sort it when you DO want to patch? When I click on the original daoc icon nothing happes when the bypass is open...

Oh, and I can't seem to delete the bypass ;)

L

Larssi

Re: Re: Re: Erm, im patching it seems...

Originally posted by naetha
How do you sort it when you DO want to patch? When I click on the original daoc icon nothing happes when the bypass is open...

Oh, and I can't seem to delete the bypass ;)

I'm bit confused, but when you want to patch or check for patches, just run the game from the executable like before ;)

T

The Kingpin

Foundations won't be on the patcher, you have to download it from a ftp..

As they're two clients, classic & SI..

Its about 50mb in size..

C

chunkage

open shrouded isles folder, open the file update.dat with notepad and replace everything in there with:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom