Equipment

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know what the score is going to be on player equipment.

I just hope we aren't going to get the high end content WoW arms race. I know people moan about the artifacts in DAOC, but this is a drop in the ocean to the constant raiding for better equipment that is in WoW.

Also whats the situation on player stats ... are they capped or can they be boosted and boosted and boosted with more equipment. I suppose it related to previous question.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
At the very start they were quite clear about "no grind for equipment" and that equipment wouldn't play a mojor role in War.
That said, in a recent interview, they kinda "corrected" it stating that it will play a role, "but a minor" one. The problem is always the same, what u gonna give the PvErs to eat, apart trophies and the Tome of Knowledge, to scratch their e-peens, bar Equipment?
I do hope that it will be more fluff than solid differences in stats and whatever tho.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
At the very start they were quite clear about "no grind for equipment" and that equipment wouldn't play a mojor role in War.
That said, in a recent interview, they kinda "corrected" it stating that it will play a role, "but a minor" one. The problem is always the same, what u gonna give the PvErs to eat, apart trophies and the Tome of Knowledge, to scratch their e-peens, bar Equipment?
I do hope that it will be more fluff than solid differences in stats and whatever tho.

Imo, id like to see TOA style equipment, with encounters and stuff.

However,the way it is now, where everyone can gets the "artifact" when you do a certain mob with 2 fg minimum(face it, there has to be some challenge for the pvers) and even a rvr style equpimeant thing, like the BPsystem in america

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I thought they said the best rewards were gained via pvp

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I always thought they said if people dont like rvr they probably wont like this game and shouldnt be playing it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I always thought they said if people dont like rvr they probably wont like this game and shouldnt be playing it.

I really doubt EA said that, that means less money for them

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
If i remember correctly it was before EA, when Mythic was still Mythic.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yup think that was said in one of the grab bag FAQ's.

Far as i know they haven't said much about equipment specifically, just gone into the fact that RvR combat yields drops. I should imagine it'll be about the same level of rewards for both to keep both play styles happy.

Rellik San

Fledgling Freddie
I was never a fan of grinding for gear, its one of the many reasons I quit WoW. From the looks of it, that won't be an issue here thankfully. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Although im playing wow at the moment, those fuckers blizzard made a game which is basically pve. even the pvp means you grind AV's to get the pvp armour.

I hope the roles are reversed and unlike wow you dont need to grind poxy dungeons for 5 months to get the I-Win armour....for it to be redundant on the next patch.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
I thought they said the best rewards were gained via pvp

yup this is true. End of game ,which is capture the capital city, will have very very nice rewards when completed, but its tough getting there and will take ages completing it. Each member of the winning side can then slay a target of choice, so if your warrior based you might choose to slay a warrior trainer and gain a nice piece of armour or a handy weapon for your class, a mage should pick a mage trainer or wizard type. Some keys are also handed out and chests will contain better items for that class that opens them.
This is taken from a interview from a while back so could of changed by then.

From a very recent interview, pve players will not be able to avoid rvr totally, some quests might be inside rvr zones. As for good items, pve items and items earnt from rvr missions will be roughly the same. Of course, if you manage to kill a named boss somewhere, im sure it will drop some rare item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom