Equipment

W

Will

So, I thought to myself, how can I get even more conversation going here? Then I realised, eveyone loves posting about their characters in mind-numbing detail, even if they won't admit it.

So what are your equipment loadouts?

I'm in the middle of changing since the HA boost, but until then, I was a Gauss/Phoenix with 4 boxes ammo, 3 boxes AV ammo, and 3 medpacks. And an AMP and a REK for luck.

I'm playing about now with Thumper, Decimator, Gauss, and Jackhammer, in various combinations. Any advice if you've tried something like that would be cool.

I've changed because I'm getting owned badly indoors, either by Lashers, or MAXs. The Gauss just wasn't killing the infantry quick enough to resist getting lashed, and the Phoenix takes too long to kill MAXs with the reloading between shots. I'll miss those easy Reaver takedowns, but I can change back again if I have to.

F

Faeldawn

I will, as soon as i get the points freed-up, use phoenix outdoors and decimator indoors.

loadouts i like are:

JH/Gauss
Gauss/Phoenix
Gauss/Sniper
JH/Deci

Best cqb weapon is the scatterpistol, i always carry one of those.

Fave loadout would have to be:

Phoenix (3 ammo crates)
Sniper (3 ammo crates)
Scatterpistol (1 ammo crate, or alternatively a REK)
Armour repair (no refils)
3 Medkits

M

Manic Miner

i have a rek, jammer grenade and lasher in my holsters.

before you start, i've always used the lasher since pretty much the start. i'm not about to drop it now that it's actually become even better :)

apart from that, i have 3 med kits, 3 more jammer grenades and the rest is lasher ammo :)

i find the jammer grenades rock when you find an AMS heavily mined. Throw a couple in and set off pretty much all the mines plus light the thing up like a christmas tree for reavers to come in and sort the rest out :) also, they're pretty good around a heavily defended tower - again, one that has been heavily mined. if you can't get close, you can lob a few and normally take out a lot of the defenses and have the mines blow a few people up :)

i have DL and shield. shield cos I turn it on while hacking - which can often give you just that bit of extra time you need to complete a hack - especially in towers and therefore allowing you to respawn back and take the person out :)

med, DL, shield and reload are all bound to extra mouse buttons for easy access :) also, allows for easy switching on and off of DL while running along which often catches a sneaky infil out.

C

Cronn

My usual loadout is Jack / Gauss / REK / 1 Jammer nade / 5 Plasma nades

I think I have around 90/30 normal/AP shotgun ammo and 200/50 normal/AP bullets.

I find AP ammo essential, the plasma nades are great, put em in secondary and throw em down a corridor.

Thinking about getting out of HA and going back to Spec. assault.

Darklight and Audio Amp are my implants. Darklight should be standard issue for all soldiers. I use Audio amp most though, while hacking turn it on to see if anyone is coming up behind. It doesn't consume to much end either so you can turn it on and run around with it for quite a while before you need to turn it off.

G

Gekul

Usual loadout is Reinforced exo; Lasher, Lancer, REK, BANK, 4 energy cell boxes, 3 AV boxes, 3 med kits.

Advanced targeting, Surge and Darklight implants.

Have an AI MAX cert, mostly used against NC, and a agile loadout with sweeper and Nano-dispensor for when I'm driving a Mag or Ant.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well - my three favorites then:

Reaver - funky little autopistol, REC in case I fly by an unoccupied tower, Engineer super soaker to repair my baby and 4 boxes of Reaver missile ammo.

Had very good experiences with this one. :)

Sniper - Sniper rifle *cough, duh*, Jackhammer, small Eng. super soaker to fix my armor, 3 med packs, 4 frag grenades, 6 boxes of sniper ammo, some AP ammo for my JH to get rid of pesky MAX'.

Assault gear - Gauss/4 boxes of AI ammo, JH/2 boxes of AI, 1 box of AP, 5 med packs, small Eng. soaker, 3 plasm grenades.

T

thefunkrocket

I'm currently using a thumper/ decimator setup, thumper's nice in small fights or if you're with people who know what they're doing, If you use it with bad lag or if people keep running in front of you its grief heaven especially with Plasma Grenades loaded up :clap:

Decimator I use almost exclusively to take out AMS's, hitting anything moving with one I find extremely difficult unless it's completely still, but then the driver deserves to die :D Although they are extremely useful if you can get the jump on a max, should have seen the look on the NC's max's face as I walked round the corner holding a decimator and proceded to fire a rocket in his face :)

Other than them I carry a beamer (not sure why :confused: ) a REK 4 plasma ammo, 2 frag ammo, jammer ammo, 4 medkits and some random genades I think.

P

[PS]Venom

At the moment I have -

Medic Applicator, Command Uplink Device, Sniper Rifle, Lasher, REK in inventory along with 4 chunks of lasher ammo rest sniper.

That's my standard HA lineup - sometimes I swop sniper rifle for a punisher with some varied ammo.

In agile I have pretty much the same, but loose the sniper rifle and take buckets of ammo.

Although I may be dropping sniper or lasher in favour of something else.

M

Milkshake

My char is Reinf, HA, Sniper, AV, Med, Engin and Baskilisk.

My usual setup is Gauss/Phoenix, so that's 3 boxes White, 1 Box AP ammo for the Gauss, 3 Crates of Phoenix's and 3 Med Packs, much like Will's.

I've gotta say though, AP is ESSENTIAL these days, and is very under-used. You can take on a Reaver, Lightning or any of the jeeps with a Gauss and AP Ammo.

We'll have to see how good it is with this shield thing coming in though.

W

Will

I've been a little confused by one thing. I've fragged a lot of Infil's (do they just assume everyone doesn't have DL?) to find they have an AMP and lots of AP ammo. Why would you use it against standard grunts?

M

Milkshake

If your retarded, you might just wanna make it helluva lot harder for yourself.

Silly really.

W

Will

Sometimes I'm tempted to give them a little /tell asking why.

Then I realise that I'd rather just kill them again.:)

Back on-topic a little, I think I'll go for Gauss/Thumper and Jackhammer/Decimator, for outdoors and indoors. I'll just have to hope I can outrun any armour I meet outdoors.

W

Will

After a field-testing, I'm not having a lot of luck with the Thumper outdoors. I think its one for spamming into towers more than laying down tactical fire. Though I may just suck with it.

P

[PS]Venom

Use the thumper on ALT fire to roll the grenade along the ground into enemy troops if you're assaulting a base outdoors. The plebians don't see it coming and so don't dodge it.

F

Faeldawn

The thumper actually has an immense range, its awesome for firing over walls into a base, problem is that people only ever use it for short-range spamming and so usually die quickly.

If you can guess where the enemy is, its great, its also great for dis-lodging snipers, nuking vehicle term queues and ranged attacking an ams. One thimper user i know can get 30-40 kills from long-range spamming an ams in 20-30 minutes.

Go to the VR range and try it out over long range, you wont be dissapointed :)

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by Will.
I've been a little confused by one thing. I've fragged a lot of Infil's (do they just assume everyone doesn't have DL?) to find they have an AMP and lots of AP ammo. Why would you use it against standard grunts?
Dont know about lots of AP ammo, but I always carry one box for shooting mines. 6-7 AP vs 20+ normal to destroy one mine, makes you less obvious when trying to sneak into towers.

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by old.Tbird
Dont know about lots of AP ammo, but I always carry one box for shooting mines. 6-7 AP vs 20+ normal to destroy one mine, makes you less obvious when trying to sneak into towers.

why not use a jammer grenade. a lot less obvious than having to fire for several seconds. also, it can be used against people with dark light so that the implant stops working.

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by Will.
The mine blowing up would be a bit of a giveaway.;)

true, but doesn't that happen if you shoot em? dunno, it's been so long.

M

mid_Efour

i just throw myself onto mines screaming "LT get down, aieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!"

my layouts

1)bolt driver, gauss, 3 medikits 1 box of normal ammo and rest bolts AMP and reparr ting

2)Noobhammer, gauss 3 medikits 6 noobhammer ammo (2 ap)
rest gauss ammo

3) infil - AMP 1 box ammo, 1boomer, 3 various nades
infil2- 10 Plasma or Frag :p

4) Miner - ALL MINEs :p and 2 noobhammers

S

shilak

Current favourite has to be ...

Agile armour, Jackhammer, medical thingy, armour repair thingy with 3 boxes normal ammo, command uplink, REK, 1 tub medical stuff, 1 tub nano stuff and 3 medikits in my backpack.

I also have a setup with 10 ACEs in for doing my deployables and a setup with a glue gun for when I am driving vehicles about or gunning :)

NOTE - I would prefer to have a Lasher and 4 boxes of ammo for it instead of my Jackhammer+Ammo+Command Uplink ;)

J

Jonaldo

Empty pack in the hope someone has killed some vanu then I can loot for ub0ry weapons ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom