EQ2 update & improved F2P

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
they taken item level restrictions out of non-paying accounts, unlocked quite a few bits and pieces, and put in heroic chars, which are basically insta lvl 85 + 280 AA, which you can buy for SC points, -however-, some people (not sure who ) qualify for a free one if they do it before 15th Oct, so if you interested in EQ2 at all, check it out sooner rather than later :)

https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq

Syri

FH is my second home
I think it's people who already had a silver account before the patch that get a free character. My account goes way back almost to launch (only a few months off the 7 year veteran reward) so I've claimed my free 85. It's quite nice, though it doesn't automatically upgrade spells on your quickbars, which normally happens when you level, so I had to re-do them all. Other than that though, it's nice to have a high level character and be able to join in with things. The armour you get given is a bit overpowered though, you get a full set of legendary gear, and it's enabled my fury to quite easily take down level 91 mobs without risk.

Mabs

I think it's people who already had a silver account before the patch that get a free character. My account goes way back almost to launch (only a few months off the 7 year veteran reward) so I've claimed my free 85. It's quite nice, though it doesn't automatically upgrade spells on your quickbars, which normally happens when you level, so I had to re-do them all. Other than that though, it's nice to have a high level character and be able to join in with things. The armour you get given is a bit overpowered though, you get a full set of legendary gear, and it's enabled my fury to quite easily take down level 91 mobs without risk.

yea the 85-95 jump is serious upgrade in stats etc
stats doubling etc

im on Splitpaw, and am happy to help people get some xp or such , just poke me

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Logged in and found my guild dead and GH rent overdue.. :(

Man i loved that guild.. :(

Poag

m00?
Hmm might have to dig out that character i made a while ago.....

Mabs

oh yea they also made the whole last expansion free as they are preparing to release the next one :(

poag, remind me what your toon is called

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How do you change from USA to eu client think I have the USA client I can't see split paw that I was on before

Mabs

How do you change from USA to eu client think I have the USA client I can't see split paw that I was on before

run the launcher
top left "Version"
click that ,takes you to the options chooser

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
God, multi attack procs are STUPID now! :) Some of the quests that require you to just lower the HP of them is nigh impossible to do on my dirge because i keep one shotting everything that isn't a ^^ or ^^^! :<

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
hmm seems my old chars on split paw are no longer alive .. must have been hacked mayhaps all thats there isa lvl 1 zerker .. and i mistakenly made my free lvl 85 on the american servers last night :'(

Have they made it a lot easier to level up ?

i guess they wont let me create a lvl 85 in europe now :(

Mabs

hmm seems my old chars on split paw are no longer alive .. must have been hacked mayhaps all thats there isa lvl 1 zerker .. and i mistakenly made my free lvl 85 on the american servers last night :'(

Have they made it a lot easier to level up ?

i guess they wont let me create a lvl 85 in europe now :(

put in a support ticket, they are usually very quick

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sounds like a great deal just cant bring myself to give any money whatsoever to Sony :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
its free ? :p

Nothing in life is really free. If you want to compete you usually have to pay. The FTP model is fine, you pay if you want. If no one pays the game dies so its a choice.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its free ? :p

Wait until the gold membership everyone got goes away. Last i played as F2P i couldn't use half of my gear because i needed a sub for that, or pay for a character only (not account wide) unlock in the marketplace. I know they loosened up some of the restrictions for F2P's but as we're all on sub status atm i don't know how much better it got.

Mabs

Wait until the gold membership everyone got goes away. Last i played as F2P i couldn't use half of my gear because i needed a sub for that, or pay for a character only (not account wide) unlock in the marketplace. I know they loosened up some of the restrictions for F2P's but as we're all on sub status atm i don't know how much better it got.

one of the big things in the patch is they removed item restrictions from F2P
Sub mostly now appears to give you more money and mount speed

Syri

FH is my second home
Main points, from what I can gather, are gold users get more cash from quests & mobs, slightly faster mounts, ability to change the exp ratio for alternate exp and standard (locked at 50/50 for free players), 500 station cash per month, ability to create a guild and no in-game banner advertising gold membership, which doesn't appear that often anyway.
If you had a retail account, you'll already have the silver level if you're using the same account. If not, it's a one-off payment for silver, which removes a few restrictions from the basic free account.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just had a look at the F2P model, legendaries and fabled gear are still listed as being restricted on basic and silver accounts. So if true, once that free gold period ends i won't be able to use a single piece of equipement on any of my lvl 70+ toons without paying for unlocks (and iirc you have to unlock one slot at a time, like rings, neccy, boots etc etc)... :(

Mabs

Just had a look at the F2P model, legendaries and fabled gear are still listed as being restricted on basic and silver accounts. So if true, once that free gold period ends i won't be able to use a single piece of equipement on any of my lvl 70+ toons without paying for unlocks (and iirc you have to unlock one slot at a time, like rings, neccy, boots etc etc)... :(

/shrug

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-october-1-2013.539885/

GENERAL
Memberships have changed!
We've removed Item restrictions from Free and Silver accounts.
Permanent 10% Mount speed and 15% Coin Loot Bonus to Gold membership!
Destiny of Velious expansion content is now free for everyone too!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Shrug all you want. The f2p perks page said otherwise. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No, evidently not. And i was stupid for believing that SOE would have updated it in the first place..

Mabs

free Gold has expired and all my Legendary, Fabled and Mastercrafted is still working so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom