Episode 1

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So some of you must have tried it, any good?
Length satisfactory? Girth? Width?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried it for a bit, I'm liking it. Great start, but it's starting to get ever so slightly samey. To be expected I guess.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive got it too, it looks good. Im no big sp player though as it probably well documented, ive not even quite completed HL2 yet :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
when is it out in the shops? as buying off steam just dont feel right

Fianno

Fledgling Freddie
not worth the money, completed it in 3 hours on hard

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else noticed it crashes a fair bit - like freezes up completely on saving/loading some times. The original HL2 never did...

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
nath said:
Anyone else noticed it crashes a fair bit - like freezes up completely on saving/loading some times. The original HL2 never did...

mine crashed to buggery, then i updated my graphics drivers to the latest and it stopped doing that.

do get occasional pauses when new things are loaded into memory or the dreaded auto-save points, loading is drastically longer tho.

I ran through it in just over 3hrs at normal, then the next day ran through it with the commentary on as well for another 3 hours. it wasnt really the magical "6hr" mark promised, but it was amusing enough and only for around £10. and at least you didnt have huge treks to get to the next enemy!

always fun plucking the grenade from the zombine's hand and tossing it back at the last moment :D

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'd much rather pay a tenner ever 6 months or so for around 4-5 hours entertainment (Which is how long it took me to complete) from a games company than have to wait 3-5 years for the development cycle that would bring me Half Life 3.

Doing it this way also means that all the new tricks your £500 graphics card can do can actually be utilised without waiting years for a game that uses them.

After all, as someone pointed out, it costs £6.50 if you're lucky to see a 2 hour movie at the cinema. And I got more entertainment from Episode 1 than I did from some of the recent films I've seen :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Caved in and bought it, I thought it was ok - a little tough on hardest settings in parts such as APC near the end.

Did anyone else think the end boss being a strider was crap?
Alright the whole romp around the trainyard was fun but it still sucked that it was just a strider.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
£8.60 deluxe ticket and £7.60 for large coke and popcorn!!! I like how HL2 was only £18 and so episode 1 sounds expensive but compared to other activities Episode 1 is still dirt cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom