Games epic.ONE LAN party

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

epic.LAN are a new name on the LAN party scene, but with an emphasis on having fun!
The team are gamers themselves and have more than 6 years experience of running LAN parties and are starting off by running their first event in March at the MMU Campus in Alsager.

Dates: Thursday 12th - Sunday 15th March 2009
Times: 4pm Thursday - 4pm Sunday
Venue: Brandies Bar, MMU Alsager Campus. Hassall Road, Alsager. Stoke-on-Trent. ST7 2HL
Spaces: 100
Cost: £45 Participant, £5/day spectator

Launch Price - £35 until 9pm 2nd February 2009

For those who are wondering what the hell I'm talking about, a LAN party is where gamers bring along their PC to a social event for the weekend and play games across a high speed network. The difference with playing at the event is that you can meet your opponents after you've splatted them across the screen. :D

Click on the graphic above to visit the site for more info.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i can see where lan parties had their appeal when broadband was in it infancy and everyone had crappy phone line modes

but maybe its just me getting old

a room full of 100 sweaty young males just doesnt get the juices flowing ;)

With a 20mbit bb connection i dont see w hy i should have to meet the unwashed masses any more

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i think LAN's can still be fun but as you said now everyone has such lovely broadband speeds its not really gonna draw the masses like drome or other mass LAN events. with that in mind the focus should be moved more to a sociable event lots of prizes surprise games etc take it away from the hardcore and make it more friendly etc.

but thats just me im also aging and no longer wish to be in a room of screaming kiddies. gimme a bar free food and the PC is a bonus :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I went to i34 last year and loved it, its mre about the experince than the gaming. Its also the only time of year everyone from the clan can get together in the real world. Also the companies coming down and showing off new tech and games is also a bonus.

LAN's are extremely crazy and full of insane people but I love it.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
aye i went to drome in holland for a couple of years 2k ppl that was crazy stuff especially seen as tho we were about 4 of 10 brits there lol but it was alot of fun.

cept some fuckin genius thought it would be a good idea to put pinball machines near damn sleepin area grrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom