Epic Mob Damage

D

Danya

Noticed an interesting thing today while killing GS. Usually for mobs I'd go for my highest damage styles - Flank and Shadow's Reign, however I tried using Backslash and Amethyst Slash to see how they differed and Am slash turned out best. It looks like the to-hit of the style gives some bonus damage on high level mobs. Flank with it's no to-hit was barely able to break 10 on GS, while Am Slash was hitting for 20-25, even though on a yellow con it does significantly less than Flank. Also the level seems to be important. On the add the GS spawns backlsash was better than am slash, I guess due to the lower level.

So basically on epic mobs, you're best off using your highest to-hit style rather than your best positional.

S

Sharma

Doesnt everyone do that anyway? high to-hit styles on epic mobs etc, would like to see Annihilation damage on the dragon or smt, Very high to-hit afaik

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

How many people does it take to bitch slap the GS? I would like to do a raid sometime but not sure how many people I should take. Ideally as few as possible. ;)

D

Danya

Least I've heard of is 5, generally people take 1 FG.

Originally posted by sharma
Doesnt everyone do that anyway? high to-hit styles on epic mobs etc, would like to see Annihilation damage on the dragon or smt, Very high to-hit afaik
Well the point was that am slash is better than backslash because of the to-hit, and backslash is high, while am slash is very-high. I doubt anni would be much higher than am slash.

BTW, best styles are:
Slash - Am slash / Diamond slash (both v.high).
Crush - Maul (high).
Thrust - Pierce (high).
2hand - Onslaught / Two Moons (med/high - 2h sucks).
Pole - Phalanx / Defender's Aegis (med/high), or Defender's Rage / Defender's Revenge if you can get the mob to style you. :p
Staff - Friar's Friend / Banish / Stunning Wrath (med/med/high).
CS - Pincer (high).
DW - Shadow's Edge / Penumbra (med/high).

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Danyan

2hand - Onslaught / Two Moons (med/high - 2h sucks).

I know a couple that would beg to differ ;)

D

Danya

BTW Sharma, diamond slash is similar damage to anni, and it does about 30 damage on a high level mob.

Mercs are better using dual shadows tho, as it has a 25/tick bleed (which isn't scaled by level).

P

Puppetmistress

Who/what is GS?

I know GoleStandt, but you dont kill him with 1fg.

I know the Green Knight, but that's GK

I know the Glacier Giant, but that's GG

What is GS ffs? :p

G

Graknak

Grand Summoner whatshisname, he's the boss of Summoner's Hall. Can be reached by entering Halls of The Corrupt (Alb), Marfach(Hib) or Dodens (Mid) all these are the RvR dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread