Epic Armour

U

uglymug

Originally posted by Jenkz
why should something you get for virtually no effort be as good, if not better, than items that are difficult and desirable to obtain...
excuse me? no effort? just remembring the number of hours i spend looking for the right mobs and traveling from one corner of the map to the other on horseback, or worse on foot, makes me shudder at yer comment

i believe the 'epic' part comes from the fact that you start at lvl7 and don't finish the quest until lvl50 ... what other quest in the game is that long? none.

if it really took no effort..why all the WTB <insert random epic here> in /as?

i love my epic the way it is, granted mostly for looks .. but wouldn't say no to a lil boost in stats ;)

S

syri

how about if to get the epic armour, you just got a plain mp af50 set, and then you had additional quests to complete, to find the stats you wanted for your epic, so you do a quest that truly IS epic, and then you have to get the armour and the parts to an npc somewhere deep in a high level area or something...

V

Validus

most of your ideas are quite hard to input into the game. well at least at the current state.
make it simpler:
the main enemy you need to kill for the epic is 10-5 lvls higher, and the armor you recieve is a 100% quality normal armor, with the normal epic armor art, so you can SC it. if ur lvl 50 u can afford to sc it right?

in other words, make the final epic mission tougher and make the armor have no bonuses so u can add ur own through SC.

problems:
*ppl constantly powerlvling chars up to 50 just to salvage the armor and get money
*armorcrafting becomes useless for lvl 50 rr 1-4

S

Shanaia

I say make the epic armor spellcraftable ... there could be a npc somewhere that you can talk to to have your armor "wiped clean" and then you could have it sc'd...

Give it same imbue points as 99% level 51 armor ... or maybe some pieces 100%

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by uglymug
excuse me? no effort? just remembring the number of hours i spend looking for the right mobs and traveling from one corner of the map to the other on horseback, or worse on foot, makes me shudder at yer comment

i level my chars to 50 then do the so called "epic quests" (which are so difficult and complex to solve, with daoc.warcry.com etc..) in a couple of hours. then for really taxing "lvl 50 epic" itself, i complete it with a friend or two in a matter of minutes....

even if you DID the quests at the level they were intended, they arnt that hard with a little help from a friend or two.

i believe the 'epic' part comes from the fact that you start at lvl7 and don't finish the quest until lvl50 ... what other quest in the game is that long? none.

only cause 90% of that time is spent on horseback. so challenging

if it really took no effort..why all the WTB <insert random epic here> in /as?

for alts, maybe? as epic is pretty decent (due to its AF + stats, and probably looks at that level...) for alts that are currently XPing..

really... a set of epic armour is PISS EASY to obtain and FREE, compare that to say:

- a 25plat MP suit of chain
- a set of SI epic dungeon armour that takes WEEKS to farm

epic sure needs some tweaks, like removing +pow, changing +skill things to +melee and +magic etc. but it should NOT be the best armour in the game, nowhere near. What would be the point in dragon items, sidi items etc, if all you ever need is epic? It's bad enough that all you ever need is SC......

C

choonz

Originally posted by Shanaia
I say make the epic armor spellcraftable ... there could be a npc somewhere that you can talk to to have your armor "wiped clean" and then you could have it sc'd...

Give it same imbue points as 99% level 51 armor ... or maybe some pieces 100%

I totally agree with this.
Or for your Trainer to give you the choice between "Clean" armor, or ones that have stats already.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

T

teramar

well i'm sorry i think epic armour really should be better, sc ruined this game in my oppinion, i used to love having to go to the epic zones e.t.c and the joy when you got a new axe or a bit of armour you had been after for ages, hunts like that are what make the PvE in an mmorpg in my oppinion. SC ruined this game, myself and other people who play this game, after the long xp fest to 50 want to rvr and get into the game, not have to farm the same mobs for hours and hours in order to get enough cash to get your sc template so you can be one of the l33t. Whenever you xp in grps now when a drop drops, it should be "who wants it" not "who wants to salvage it". Mythic have fucked up crafting in this game in my oppinion and have totally ruined drop hunting.

S

Silence

^^^^^

sc aint ruined game, although your points are valid, sc armour really helps leveling, having capped melee stuff. etc

a simple fix would be, make drops/sidi stuffz, be Alot better than sc ed stuff.. this way more poeple would wanna hunt..

and i hate the way the game has turned into, who ever is richest wins.. not who has done loads of fun hunts with groups/guildies.

K

kr0n

THEYVE MADE THE GAME NOOB FRIENDLY!!!

SC, RA AND EPIC RUINED THE GAME!!

A

arrakeen

I dont think they should make it better, but they should make the graphics on Rare drops such as dragon / si etc. look better, but NOT the same as epic.

I cant really decide if i think craftet should have better GFX, infact i like that the stuff that look best is dropped :)

B

Blood

Originally posted by Jenkz
epic armour destroyed the desire for certain PvE drops which people spent a long while and a lot of effort obtaining, took a lot away from the game when they added it imo.

Agree, i had been spending months collecting rare studded armor with just the right stats.. and with epic armor's it was just all done for you.

B

Blood

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I get asked a lot why I still wear epic armour. I did actually craft myself an mp set but when it came down to it...

... the epic armour is as much a part of Roo as anything else that went into creating the character over the levels and time it took to get to 50.

I might use an mp suit on Jink, but Roo will probably always be in epic.

you sentimental git :p

/me hugs Roo

B

Blood

Originally posted by Validus
most of your ideas are quite hard to input into the game. well at least at the current state.
make it simpler:
the main enemy you need to kill for the epic is 10-5 lvls higher, and the armor you recieve is a 100% quality normal armor, with the normal epic armor art, so you can SC it. if ur lvl 50 u can afford to sc it right?

in other words, make the final epic mission tougher and make the armor have no bonuses so u can add ur own through SC.

problems:
*ppl constantly powerlvling chars up to 50 just to salvage the armor and get money
*armorcrafting becomes useless for lvl 50 rr 1-4

You have got to be kidding?
You would remove all need for highlevel armorcrafters

people powerleveling chars to 50 to salvage the armor? omfg they have to be immensly stupid. an epic armor is only worth about 1p when salvaged, the quests alone takes most of a day or more...

you would have to be crazy to spend 100h+ /played just for a couple of Plat, when you can easily farm much more in the same time.

B

Blood

ps. this is my page, please dont clutter it with non blood posts

B

Blood

okay, you can start posting from

------------------->> HERE <<-------------------

V

Validus

pfft fine blood. u are right. i was drunk when i wrote that part. happy?.

P

pihlss

Originally posted by Hargh
probly make it a bit harder to get then.....

darn it´s hard to get now dont over due it :mad:

P

pihlss

Originally posted by svartmetall
...anyone else feel it should be upgraded a bit? When it's gotten to the point that people talk of Epic as though it's something you use when you can't get anything better...IMO it needs a bit of loving.

When I started playing this game, Epic was the paragon of armours (barring the ocasional dragon drop or equivalent ultra-rare thingy)...I'd like to see it back to that level again.

YEAS please :clap: :clap: I would love the idea

MP armor sux in apperence :mad:

P

pihlss

crafter stop whining

just tell Mythics too allow the crafting players

do epics armor (plate)

etc

C

Carean Black

imo i think Epic armor should be the beset armor u can get your hands on when u hit 50 and maybe personal to so everyone dosnt sell it :) k i admit.. sold Careans ;) three times......... well make 50 epic da ubah!

Users who are viewing this thread