Enough already

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
This is not a whine (well yes it yes) just an observation.

How the hell can they a class like the Bonedancer be in the game? It's fooking impossible to kill one solo. Luckily for us non mids there aren't very many active BDs. However the ones who are active are well enough! The ones who instantly ring a bell are Bonehead, Ghazkull, Czaedes and perhaps Taika. Ghazkull is inactive atm, Bonehead is still mean, Taika I have never really met solo to be honest and Czaedes is also a friggin pain the arse.
I do think it's ok for BDs to be able to kill most classes 1on1, but good god this is silly. I've seen Bonehead take on multiple enemies at once several occasions. I've seen Czaedes kill 6 hibs at a time solo! 6!! Possibly not the most well cordinated attackers, but they sure did have some decent rrs. Oh and please do remember he is also a Elding Vakten. How the hell does one kill him when he's a Elding Herra??
Same goes for Bonehead too. Just watch his small video and you will clearly see what I mean.
Reason I post this is due to Czaedes and a SM (Phixion) killing 8 people today in Odin's gate and that was sort of the last drop! THAT IS UNBALANCED FFS!!!!

/whine off

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion is a gimp fotm realm hopper (/wave) btw :p

and bonedancers are sad

who cares let them think they are uber by spamming insta lifetap

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
If a group of 6 loses to a single Bonedancer, they deserve it ;)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
I've seen Czaedes kill 6 hibs at a time solo! 6!! Possibly not the most well cordinated attackers, but they sure did have some decent rrs. Oh and please do remember he is also a Elding Vakten. How the hell does one kill him when he's a Elding Herra??
get a mentalist ? :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
BDs are annoying, yes. However, if MoC is up, I'm not worried. My nukes > any BD healer pet. ;)

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:
Phixion is a gimp fotm realm hopper (/wave) btw :p

and bonedancers are sad

Same goes for infils just that they spam df

Herjulf

Banned
Besides BD´s are getting far to much credit as being ubah ^^

They really arent, on a 1meleevs1BD shure prolly (assasains excluded, due to the short time, large dmg output)
But any caster with moc up or stunning should do well.

But shure i wouldnt wanna run into a BD lets say, with my skald.

They shure are evul.

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

And a BD who only uses LT is going to do really well eh? :cheers:
Please enlighten me how many styles/buttons you use with your infil/armsman. Oh and how many buttons does anyone use when dealing dmg? And don't come saying that styling as a tank is hard. Press 2 buttons, wait. Press follow up for whichever style lands. Positionals? Well hey, I try to get positionals in as well. Commander does hell of a lot more dmg when styling, and those effects are nifty.

Asha said:
get a mentalist?

/shrug :)

Das_Hibbie said:
I've seen Czaedes kill 6 hibs at a time solo! 6!!

I don't know which fight you were talking about to be frank. Had one fight in Hadrians a few weeks ago where I met 6 low rr hibs. In that fight I got the jump on them (1 druid, 1 bard, 2 melee, 2 casters). They had fought a fight just a little while ago as well and were unprepared. Their tanks got rooted, and the support and casters were interrupted from pets + LT + body debuff + DDs so not much they could do. By the time the casters had qced stun one caster was already dead so the interrupting only got easier. They had low rr BMs with seemingly low resists so they stayed rooted for ages out of the fight. Was a fight where I had all the advantages apart from numbers.

The second fight involving 6 hibs would be in Odin's at amg. However I wouldn't call that 6vs1 tbh. It started with me getting charged by 2 BMs and 2 casters. BMs get rooted and I get stunned. Sick pet on one, purge, take down the casters and then turn to the BMs. At that point a caster adds in which dies in 3-4 LTs so assuming he's not 50 and/or with crappy gear. Anyhow, the other BM gets free from root and attacks when the other lad is almost dead. I sprint off towards amg with pets on passive to try and stay away from him long enough to blow mcl as I was oop. Didn't work though as another melee adds on the other side of amg. So I use RP, qc root the adder, kill the BM, use mcl2 and finished the other guy off. However none of the adds were buffed.
In that fight I blew Purge, mcl2, 2 pow pots, Raging Power and an end pot.

And no I shouldn't have won that fight if they would have rushed in with 6 lads, however that wasn't the case. It was to start a 4vs1 fight with all the advantages I could hope for: Half of them were casters without MoC. The meleers had no det. They didn't have any disease/cc.
Then the fight evolves and includes 2 adds, however I wouldn't call that 6vs1 anyways.

Oh and really, we're not welcome in groups. We're pretty much built as a solo class and we lack stealth. Would you want us to be easily wiped by any class? The one class I really have problems with are infils tbh. One of the reasons being none of them ever go solo (few exeptions ofc), and with the insane dmg output and disease things can get trixie. 1 infil is usually ok though since I don't have to worry about DF, but not a certain card that either. And well that's the way it's supposed to be I guess. Infils are, just as BDs pretty much built to run solo. However BDs lack stealth and in "compensation" we are a tad tougher in straight on fights I guess.

Take care :wub:

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
One more thing, there are 46 lvl 50 BDs.
There are 13 BDs that are rr4+.
There are 6 BDs that are rr5+.
There are 3 BDs that are rr6.
And no BD that is rr7+.

Really too much to whine about? :/

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
As an Air Theurg bonedancers are very easy ;)

Mezz, pets spam, nuke until dead.....

Note this is not a theurgs are uber BD's suck comment just a comment about certain classes having weaknesses to others.

Duivel

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedance = food for friar :clap: damage output is more that they get healed for :flame:

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Renwind said:
Same goes for infils just that they spam df
if the bd is stupid and will send his blue con pet on a fully buffed assasin
well
he deserve to die from a df spam :p

ps. i have never won a bd without a pa chain....if i can pull out a perf then i go ...otherwise /wa /kiss and i leave him :p a fg will take care of him :)
ps1.czaedes iz t00 g00d :) /kiss

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
BDs are annoying, yes. However, if MoC is up, I'm not worried. My nukes > any BD healer pet. ;)

if RAs is all u need.................... :kissit:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
if RAs is all u need.................... :kissit:
If pathetic comments is all you can do.... :kissit: And no, Cabalists don't have a stun, like Hib magicians, nor any AoE CC but disease. When I was matter specced, I had a nearsight, which made things easier, but I don't anymore.

Btw, when are you leaving the game the next time so you can get some more attention? :m00:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Das_Hibbie said:
This is not a whine (well yes it yes) just an observation.

How the hell can they a class like the Bonedancer be in the game? It's fooking impossible to kill one solo.

----Edited

/whine off

If I hit PA, 9 times out of 10 the BD is dead, his pet simply isnt fast enough to save him, now SM's on the other hand..........

Mix a coupla BD's and your looking at a differant story, but the same can be said for a spirit cabi with Moc, chanter etc etc

I have a BD on Pryd and they ARE evil and tons of fun too :) , I just stand there in BG1 (If the infil missed PA :)) and lifetap till he falls over.

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
I just stand there in BG1 (If the infil missed PA :)) and lifetap till he falls over.

BDs in the bgs are a tad too powerfull though imo ;)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Czaedes said:
And a BD who only uses LT is going to do really well eh? :cheers:
Please enlighten me how many styles/buttons you use with your infil/armsman. Oh and how many buttons does anyone use when dealing dmg? And don't come saying that styling as a tank is hard. Press 2 buttons, wait. Press follow up for whichever style lands. Positionals? Well hey, I try to get positionals in as well. Commander does hell of a lot more dmg when styling, and those effects are nifty.

/shrug :)

---Edited

I use naff all with my Armsman, but thats because hes dead in a few secs...

With my infil I use something in the region of 12-13 styles, everything from PA chain (3) to DF Evade chain (3-4) to normal Evade chain (3), anytime (2), rear positional chain (2), pierce (1) plus lots of others prolly around 12-13+ styles.

I never used to land DF much prior to RR6 but for some reason I do seem to land it a bit more now so I can hardly be accused of DF spam :)

I doubt I'm an exception to the rule, I actually use less buttons on my Necro and Cabi ....

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
Reason I post this is due to Czaedes and a SM (Phixion) killing 8 people today in Odin's gate and that was sort of the last drop! THAT IS UNBALANCED FFS!!!!

Forgot to comment on this ;)

Actually we didn't kill a fg. We got the jump on some albs beating down a few hibs. We killed 8 lads yes, but thank the SM for that tbh. Only thing I did was keeping a sorc and scout interrupted while the SM killed 6 tanks with pbaoe. How the SM managed that without MoC I don't know, but afaik one hib was still alive and all albs were on him, stacked nicely ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
surley caught yours :wub:
Sure, whatever. The base of my argument remains, however, that with my current spec, I have to rely on MoC being up, or get the jump on the BD to be able to win. This has nothing to do with skill, but it's about rock-paper-scissors: any caster that relies on not being interrupted will have a hard time against a BD that can just spam his insta -- even while moving. Things like stun, mezz, and spammable pets can change this situation. Twist that however, you like, the fact remains.

M

Melikor

Most of the bd's you see who own everything have uber buffbots powering them. Fix buffbots and you fix the problem. Sure, the bonedancer will still be strong (perhaps the king) of solo encounters, but from my experience with the class this has to be by design, because we are self-sufficient 1 man armies.

Currently at 50 days /played on Melikor -> rr5 (from 19 days /played@50), pretty much solo and without bot. I can count on 1 hand (ok maybe 2 + some toes:/) the amount of 3+ ppl encounters I've won, and even then its inexperience/low rr in the enemy that dooms their group.

With 1 tank on me I'm locked down (till I get MOC :/) in casting 123 delve lifetaps every 4 sec. Combined with healing pets, this requires a certain dps to kill me (unbuffed I have only about 1000hp). BM's and friars do about enough to finish me if I get a resist or stunned w/o purge being up etc.

So based on above, really any comptetent 2+ person grp should be able to outdo that dps and own me (and usually do), either by more dps or adding tricks like mezzing/dotting my healers. Druid+bm for example in hw the other day got me (tho prolly not if RP was up).

With red moa3 buffs I'm god-like, but so are most ppl.

Hotbar setup from memory, 1 hotbar main use rest of em for buffing etc.

1. DD
2. DoT
3. Lifetap
4. Body debuff
5. Root
6. Absorb buff (placeholder for MoC when I get it)
7. Assist macro
8. MCL2
9. Purge
0. Raging Power

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
However the ones who are active are well enough! The ones who instantly ring a bell are Bonehead, Ghazkull, Czaedes and perhaps Taika. Ghazkull is inactive atm, Bonehead is still mean, Taika I have never really met solo to be honest and Czaedes is also a friggin pain the arse....

Wei! Someone knows my name! :clap:

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Use 2qbars actively. Have 3 debuffs, DD, LT, DoT, Focus Snare (yes, comes in handy at times ;p), /assist, pet formations, RAs, pots, root etc. Third qbar is merely for summoning/buffing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom