English server @ goa

R

radx

Just been wondering,

Why cant they just patch the english servers in europe at once than rather wait till they have translated it for the german and french servers? English servers in Europe should be identical to the ones in the states no?

I do realize that this would make all the german & french players out there not able to play on the english servers till they've been updated to the same version as well, but is that really the reason why they dont do it?

Btw, just a personal opinion about french people and their Customer Service, You ALWAYS pay for it. Even when they are the ones making the mistakes. For example, my friend who happen to live in Paris got a high phonebill (mistake by phonecompany) he had to call their XX $ / min line to have it fixed and not only that he was put on wait over and over. I dont know about all over europe but where i live we dont pay for Customer service phonecalls. I think it's like this too in germany..

Oh well just my own thoughts :)

G

grebneklaf

Actually GOA translates from American to English, also think there are some coding differences that needs "translation" to

D

Driwen

Originally posted by radx
Btw, just a personal opinion about french people and their Customer Service, You ALWAYS pay for it. Even when they are the ones making the mistakes. For example, my friend who happen to live in Paris got a high phonebill (mistake by phonecompany) he had to call their XX $ / min line to have it fixed and not only that he was put on wait over and over. I dont know about all over europe but where i live we dont pay for Customer service phonecalls. I think it's like this too in germany..

Oh well just my own thoughts :)

you always pay for it :p. It is in your subscription or your price when you bought something from them or its in the price for calling. In france its apparently normal to pay for the call, rather than have everyone pay for it with extra cost on their service/product.

And about the patch thing, they maybe dont want to patch seperatly or do all the testing at the same time. Besides as long as the time waiting between the patches remain the same or are smaller. Whats exactly the problem, other than that you can see the US servers having something nice that you dont have (allthough they had to wait for it just as long as you did:p).

V

Vorcyn

Do a search, there are at least a dozen posts on this topic.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by grebneklaf
Actually GOA translates from American to English, also think there are some coding differences that needs "translation" to

no they dont, why post that they do when you actually have no idea?

there are coding issues however - but there is no translation between the american and the english euro versions

G

grebneklaf

Originally posted by old.m0000
no they dont, why post that they do when you actually have no idea?

there are coding issues however - but there is no translation between the american and the english euro versions

I might be wrong, but saying it like that only make you look stupid, show the proof instead of being rude.

R

Rubric

God damn this is old.

How do you propose that they do that when the patcher is before you select what server you will play?

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Rubric
God damn this is old.

How do you propose that they do that when the patcher is before you select what server you will play?

Set the patcher like Gorre? ;)

Ack! Gorre, I ment Gorre!

S

SingerOfSoul

well seen as we got shipped with us version of shrouded Isles to start with (still included /appeal and /charcopy lol, commands not used in any eu version)

G

grebneklaf

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul
well seen as we got shipped with us version of shrouded Isles to start with (still included /appeal and /charcopy lol, commands not used in any eu version)

Fair enough then, just thought there was some translation of a to an. But glad to be corrected

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom