English Language coursework, help meh!

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Hello my good off topicers, im in the middle of my A level English Language investigation :)( ), and i am conducting an experiment into the word hippie, and how its meaning has evolved over time.

As part of this i need to do a survey, the question is as follows

'In 30 words of less, what do you understand by the word hippie?'

Well as you may have guessed i need answers for this question :p . If you could also be kind enough to leave your age and gender.

Any help is much appreciated! :drink:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Hot male irl with big both peen and e-peen, 20 yrs.

to me a hippie is the usual 60's free spirit, free sex and free drugs. But i also use it sarcastic with friends like: "Well, thats because you're a hippie."

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Hippie:

Someone who, in a passive way, goes against popular culture.

That's my take on em anyway ;)

Oh, and girly aged 24 and 3/4

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Thx for the replies so far, also if anyone could suggest some things you would expect to find with regards to age and gender, e.g. Females associating it more with fashion etc.. :m00:

MaCaBr3

Banned
A hippie is an anarchist who wants to be out of the ordinary by dressing in flower power and long hair and has a problem with modern economic society.

28/male

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I think it depends less on gender and age on how you'd define a hippie, and more on understanding of the movement and general wordiness.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Azurus said:
'In 30 words of less, what do you understand by the word hippie?'

female/27

"San fransisco" by Scott McKenzie, peace protests, drugs, freedom, long hair, VW camper vans 1960's-70's, flower children, woodstock festival. These are some of the immeadiate images that come to my mind.

good luck bud :)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Hippie:

A longhaired good-for-nothing crossdresser with nothing more then the intention to become high and get laid without using a condom.

Oh, and 18, male.

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
long hair, pot smoking, brightly dressed person, reinacting the 70s
Male - 26

Btw is it just me or do we need a new section called "University Homework"? Seems to be a lot of threads =)

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
I think it depends less on gender and age on how you'd define a hippie, and more on understanding of the movement and general wordiness.

I have conducted a survey with a large number of respondents and from it is clear that older people associate it more with fashion whilst younger people associate it with gender.

After analysing that data im now moving onto the transcripts to see if anything can be picked up on why people think that.

Nate

FH is my second home
gahd damn hippies

21 / m

I use it as a degorative term sarcastically when I see a bloke I know with long hair / a honcho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom