England

D

darthshearer

Rooney played well the rest shit and we should have beat the part-timers, so I dont know why the media are wanking over a boring display?

*Yawns*

:)

S

Swift^

Originally posted by darthshearer
Rooney played well the rest shit and we should have beat the part-timers, so I dont know why the media are wanking over a boring display?

*Yawns*

:)

At least it's not the same as the Argentina hype... we played awfully, squeezed a result out through a lucky penalty and a decent 15 minute spell and everyone thinks we played the best match ever or something....

X

xane

Yeah, boring it was, but consider that quite a few had yellow cards pending and we certainly didn't want any more injuries before the Turkey game, in fact, I am surprized Beckham was even playing.

D

darthshearer

Originally posted by Swift^
At least it's not the same as the Argentina hype... we played awfully, squeezed a result out through a lucky penalty and a decent 15 minute spell and everyone thinks we played the best match ever or something....

True :(

M

mank!

England played so well against Turkey at home, it's painful to watch substandard displays like this all the time. I want consistency!

M

mank!

I don't care that they won, I only watch for entertainment.

I wanted Liechtenstein to score, it would have made the game slightly less boring.

D

darthshearer

Aye mank! It was about as much fun as camping on Italy :)

Really tho Im reading the papers and you would have thought we won 8-0!!!

M

mank!

I thought that was one of the worst performances I've seen for ages. If it wasn't for Rooney, we'd be in so much trouble.

Beattie was crap, his first touch was terrible.

However, that Peter Jehle was fucking handy. I think he could do a good job in at least Division 2 over here and perhaps above.

S

Swift^

Of course we're pleased at winning - rather that than losing.

But there's nothing worse than knowing your performances don't deserve the wins, and if we played against an even remotely decent footballing nation we'd currently get utterly spanked.

We need to pick up a LOT to beat Turkey, especially away. I reckon we'll go down.

M

mank!

We'll beat Turkey. It's the way it works, we step up our game infinitely against teams that are as good/better than us.

Failing a win, I think a draw is still entirely possible. Can't see us losing.

I hope Scotland and Wales make the playoffs though, and Ireland of course :)

X

xane

I still think you are being unfair, consider the results;

(a) we won, comfortably
(b) there were no injuries
(c) key people had a relaxing match
(d) no-one got sent off
(e) no-one got a yellow and banned for Turkey

Expecting a stellar performance against a team that has only won once in its entire history is too much, England had plenty of chances and put two in the net.

Users who are viewing this thread