Danny Murphy
Paul Scholes

attackers:
Emile Heskey
Michael Owen
Wayne Rooney
Darius Vassell
James Beattie

I imagine Ian Walker is as shocked as us that he's been called up but I'm shocked he's been chosen ahead of Richard Wright and Russel Hoult who have once again been ignored :/

Sol Campbell's ruled out through injury apparently. Also Gary Neville who has been more influential than Phil this season has been left out... strange.

Y

~YuckFou~

It's irrelevant, we will loose anyway. It's what England football teams do best.

:)

Sprouts forum ffs!

M

Miles_Binck

Campbell would have been left out due to the shitty FA rule that states anyone who gets red-carded within a few games of an England match can't play. I remember it happened to Jamie Carragher a year or so back (not that he deserved to play).

and I agree about Ian Walker, he was shite when he last played for England, and he hasn't changed one bit.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Miles_Binck
Campbell would have been left out due to the shitty FA rule that states anyone who gets red-carded within a few games of an England match can't play.

That rule has been rescinded by the FA today.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
GO SOUTH AFRICA111!

SA 'till i die btw. :)

Go SA Go Go Go!!!!!11

Bafana Bafana are teh win!

Pity they dont have the same cash used for training as the England squad :(

Y

Yaka

hoult is a bit crap. yes he made some good saves but then playing behind a shit defence your gona make the odd save.

as for walker he played well this season even if it is div 1.

Emile" thouch me and i drop like a ton of bricks"Heskey " shoulda been droped for southhamptop nifty forward Omeron

and gary neville is injured so bleh.

E

ECA

Originally posted by mank!
Also Gary Neville who has been more influential than Phil this season has been left out... strange.

Injury.

C

Clowneh!

oh gary neville is injured btw

OK THAT WAS MY LAST ONE

R

raw

Robinson for number 1 keeper, maybe James.

BYE SEAMAN YOU USELESS TWAT

M

mank!

I read Gary's injured hence his lack of inclusion in the squad.

And I agree about Heskey, how a bloke that size falls over so easily is insane.

M

mank!

k thx for that. Is he still injured from before last years World Cup? What a man, playing all season with a broken foot. Give him a cookie.

Y

Yaka

think they stuck some in his foot but now it needs removing or somthing. having said that phil nevile shoulda been named as a midfielder its where he has played mostly this season.

S

stu

Did you paste that from bbc.co.uk by any chance?

The FA/Sven said about a week ago there won't be any Saints or Arsenal players in the squad (given it's so close to the Cup Final), so I'm not quite sure why Ashley Cole, Bridge and Beattie are named.

M

mank!

Originally posted by stu
Did you paste that from bbc.co.uk by any chance?

The FA/Sven said about a week ago there won't be any Saints or Arsenal players in the squad (given it's so close to the Cup Final), so I'm not quite sure why Ashley Cole, Bridge and Beattie are named.

Copied it off sky Sports as it was announced actually. The squad is for the South Africa game as well as the Serbia & Montenegro and Slovakia qualifiers, hence the inclusion of Arsenal/Saints players

S

stu

Interesting, would have thought Sven'd take the opportunity to pull in a couple of new faces, certainly to try at left back. Dyer's out, replaced by Cole now, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread