End of an Era ?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
What!!! Its only a joke name, it aint ment to split your sides with laughter, its a slang name FFS!

He is saying I have anti Man Ure glasses on, ie I hate Man Ure, which I dont.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Nice. A sensible discussion has degraded into petty arguing. Again.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Darthshearer said:
He is saying I have anti Man Ure glasses on, ie I hate Man Ure, which I dont.
No, he isn't. He's saying that "Man Ure" gets tedious after you read it for the 20th time in a thread.

I'm not arguing, I'm stating facts. Anyway, this will be my last post about this shit, sorry mankeh mate!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys, please move along from the 'Man Ure' argument and get back to the point...... thanks...

mank!

Part of the furniture
Another thing I wonder about is whether the reason Man Utd have slipped up of late is to do with Fergie's coaching technique. If you look at the successful managers, all of them have a very relaxed tactical approach which is in stark contrast to Fergie's infamous hairdryer treatment. The way players egos are expanding at the top of the game and the abundance of money at the pinnacle of the Premiership, is it any wonder the players respond better to the likes of Ranieri (who is a fantastic manager) and Wenger?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Ferguson is a successful manager though.
But I know what you mean ;)

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I think we should take this season as an example that English teams as a whole are doing far better than they have been in the last few seasons... For example we have two teams in the Champions Cup quarter finals which imo is rather good... there were times where Man Utd were the only force from the UK in that stage of the tournament...

I think it's a good time for English football... hopefully all the teams can continue to build on this and give us some European titles. I think we're almost in a position where our top boys can stand up against the likes of Real/Milan/Deportivo and co. and actually win or at least survive them... where as before those teams may have steamed through us.

It's a pity Arsenal and Chelsea are drawn against one another in the Champ Cup... would have been nice to see how far they got without meeting one another. I just hope after losing to Arsenal so many times, Chelsea don't finally get a few past us and win those games :)

Man Utd's sucess in the early 90's was partly down to money, they were spending a huge amount on wages and various things compared to other clubs. I don't think it's solely down to that but they had an advantage from it and it sure as hell showed.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
xane said:
After today's result, the only thing he is successful at is blaming everyone apart from himself
I suppose I'm biased but, looking at that AND knowing that most of the time (nee all) the manager goes 'I want him' and then someone else tries to buy him. So if the responsibility for negotiations was Kenyons and we didn't get him (despite him being interested) then surely it IS kenyons fault we didn't. I suppose it hints that he asked for wages united won't pay. (which always has been a problem).

Today was a strange match, a very good performance for 50-odd minutes and we just gave silly goals away. Each goal was superbly taken but was given away by our defence. Nevermind, you can't win every year :p

Clown

Part of the furniture
See what happens when Xane tries to make a joke when he doesn't find it in Google :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom