End changes, should be so on all buffs?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Firstly the obvious cash issue, Mythic and GOA would both lose out on a huge amount of revenue as most people would cancel their subscription for their 2nd accounts (buffbots) and this wouldn't be a wise business move, especially if they feel at all threatened with the other mmogs being released soon.

it isnt that obivous tbh as with ranges a buffbot is still valid in pve so lots off people will keep their buffbot for pve and stop using the buffbot in rvr. So they will loose some buffbots off course, but they are also loosing some account off people stopping cause off buffbots. So I doubt this will hit mythic really hard in the pocket. It is however a risk, but can they afford not to deal with buffbots for a long time?
Loosing buffs while scouting, well thats then something you have to pay for scouting so much ahead you cant see your group.

stealth class usually solo's and then shouldnt have buffs :) and when stealthers are in the group scouting, you wont fight anyone unless your group is close again and if you are found out with group FAR away you are dead anyway :p.

C

cadiva

Originally posted by rynnor
The 20 buff limit is the reason I stopped at 32 Aug - means my heals are a lot better and and I even have a little cave.
I wouldnt mind all buffs getting a range - in PvE it would make no difference and in RvR I'm with the party trying to keep em alive.

Pretty much with you on this one with the exception that I will have 38 aug at lvl 50 for all but the last but one resist buffs (at least I'm pretty sure its only one resist i miss the last level on).

As for the comment earlier re why have shamans with an end buff - the group end buff buffs everyone, hence why it's a group end buff.

You try rebuffing 7 people every 10 minutes with the single target end buff/plus the 10 min damage add timer buff and see how you like it.

Taking 8 sets of con points for the end regen group buff is completely pissing ridiculous and just yet another example of how badly thought out these so-called little 'tweaks' are.

Put a damn range on all the buffs, let us buff as many people as we like until our con runs out and make aug spec shaman bloody viable as a played character and not some inanimate object shoved at the back of a TK.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot, yes of course we can give dmg add to newbies but it helps them a damn sight more too when they get an increased end regen to use the lovely damage add.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by cadiva
You try rebuffing 7 people every 10 minutes with the single target end buff/plus the 10 min damage add timer buff and see how you like it.

Did it for a long long time as a mana-mentalist with crack, rvr raids were a nightmare (Imagine rebuffing 50 people every 10 minutes and see how you like THAT!) :p

Re-specced to light, then left hib anyway :D

and nothing to do with this topic... ignore meh :m00:

C

Cush

Originally posted by Omniscieous
shouldn't need to buff yourself with end as shaman doesn't use styles - 7 buffs.. maybe 1 or 2 casters in group - 5 buffs.

Can't help lowbies out? damage add them

Can't stop whining? :p

Shouldent shaman's have a endregen during battle? you know its kinda nice to beeing able just to sprint away from teh silly tanks etc. same goes for casters

O

old.Belorfyn

I think these range changes would be good. There would be problems like the one mentioned with stealthers scouting etc. but in my opinion it'd do more good than bad.
If someone wants to take their buffbot to tag-along for buffs in rvr, it's not a buffbot anymore in my opinion but a shaman (though played by same person so easier to beat:))

S

scarffs

OOOOOH this is sooo nice, so now shamans can cast less buffs, 20-8= 12 and all the other buffers can cast 20, way to go !
Nice, with the nerfs in La and this plus albion love expect to double the usual alb zergs since everyone will be moving to albion.
And why shoulndt we cast end on a caster or on myself ? Its our only way to escape when we get attacked, not like other realms who get end for entire group...
Fair and good changes, my arse...

THree months, then Midgard has one less shaman.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by scarffs
OOOOOH this is sooo nice, so now shamans can cast less buffs, 20-8= 12 and all the other buffers can cast 20, way to go !
Nice, with the nerfs in La and this plus albion love expect to double the usual alb zergs since everyone will be moving to albion.
And why shoulndt we cast end on a caster or on myself ? Its our only way to escape when we get attacked, not like other realms who get end for entire group...
Fair and good changes, my arse...

THree months, then Midgard has one less shaman.

hey ya, lets give shamans a chant that drains power instead and works for whole group with a 1500 range on it

"nooo then I can´t DoT anymore" well ain´t that just too freakin bad?

I don´t know who has end regen in hib but I can tell you this, paladin endchant may be for a whole group without loss of conc BUT if we didn´t have it then we would get fuck all groups, shamans gets groups anyways.

[/ramble]

S

scarffs

So what ?
Now shamans can just buff less while you get end for free with yer stupid pala chants. Give end to another class then the top buffer from the realm who has to drop other buffs to give the end buff.
Or if you want to implement this Fairly, then give shamans possibility to give end to 8 ppl ( in group only ) BEFORE it takes conc or counts towards the limit.
Like this its a major nerf and I wont play shammy anymore.
As my other 50 is a hunter, I'll just quit since I'll have two gimps.

Attempt at positive thinking : Good I didnt lvl my zerk as I intended.

Why not give love where needed instead of nerfing a lot of people and making them miserable? A game for which you pay and love should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom