End changes, should be so on all buffs?

R

Ragnarok1978

This one:

"Shaman Changes

- Changed the Minor Earth Invigoration line (fatigue regeneration buff) to be realm targeted concentration buff. If the target of this buff moves more than 1500 world units away from the caster, it will stop affecting the target until he moves back within this range. As with all concentration buffs, if the caster is killed all the buffs he is supporting will drop."

Am I the only one who thinks this change should affect ALL buffs form ALL classes in ALL realms?

Maybe increase the range to 2000-2500, but let this be the same on every buff there is, kill the buffbots!

T

the_smurflord

Couldn't agree with you more.

Will still leave buffbots viable and usefull for PvE levelling, and eradicate them from RvR.

A

acei

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Will still leave buffbots viable and usefull for PvE levelling, and eradicate them from RvR.
It'll just mean they take their buff bots outside of the keep for a change...

A

AzuratMinimus

Originally posted by acei
It'll just mean they take their buff bots outside of the keep for a change...

Well if they take em with them, you can kill em at least.

A

AzuratMinimus

Well they would have to make range up to 3000, but after that the buffs would give nothing you would still have em though. So the shaman don´t have to rebuff everytime someone walks outside the range.

F

Fafnir

Mythic would loose lots of cash doin nerfing buffs this way. So doubt it would happen.

I

inqy

As it's a conc buff now, does that also mean no timer (eg no rebuffing) ? :D

No more "giv END" whines \o/

I'm a happy shaman :)

B

Belsameth

no rebuffing would be awesome.
I'll mis the newbie helping effect of it tho, AND conc is low enough as it is already :(

B

bewal

I say using too many buffs per day will make your toon get older and he ends up cripple, fat old geezer that can't lift a sword in few months.

F

Flimgoblin

it looks like they're thinking about the buff bots...

If it makes people take them with them that's cool :) buff bots are fine in my opinion if we can go hunt them...

as it is you need a palintone, a trebuchet or an archer with volley next patch to kill em...

C

cadiva

Yep, great stuff, I would love to have my buffs have a range so that as an actively played aug spec shaman I have some real blooming point again!

As for the fact it now takes con to cast an end buff, that's just really really frigging annoying. I can hardly drop enough buffs on a full group as it is with the stupid max number of buffs rule as they stand because I have all the highest level ones being aug specced.

So, what the hell is the point of speccing to high aug if I'm only gonna be able to buff 3 out of the 8 people in me damn group properly! This drives me nuts.

I wish they would remove the stupid limit on buffs and allow us to buff as many people as we can til our con runs out, that makes far more sense to me than limiting it to 16 or 20 buffs.

And yep, crap now that we can't help newbies with an end buff.

C

Cush

Originally posted by inqy
As it's a conc buff now, does that also mean no timer (eg no rebuffing) ? :D

No more "giv END" whines \o/

I'm a happy shaman :)

?? happy when 5 end 5 takes 80% cons?

M

moo_work

yes but i think the range should be clipping range (whats that about 10,000 ?)

F

Fafnir

I know a infil that has his bot logged close to where he hunts. Got them both 3 times during a day.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Aye, end 5 will now cost 5 points instead of 30 per buff. What's more significant is the 20 buff limit. The fact that to get group end regen Mid have to use 8 buff slots is a big negative.

C

Cush

20 buffs?? for me it say 16 buff limit all the time.. never realy counted how many i cast tho

F

Fafnir

Well when i play my shaman in that patch, no caster will get end regen. Only tanks will get it.

E

Elvewen

You can cast 20 buffs as a cleric class.

Think friars only get the 16.

The message is just pants

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Cush
20 buffs?? for me it say 16 buff limit all the time.. never realy counted how many i cast tho

Its 20 but says 16. Has been saying this for a long time.

Originally posted by Fafnir
Well when i play my shaman in that patch, no caster will get end regen. Only tanks will get it.

No mach5 sprint for you then! :clap:

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Meatballs
Its 20 but says 16. Has been saying this for a long time.

No mach5 sprint for you then! :clap:
Well when i group with fafne most of the buffs go out to the group i only take base con, and str/con

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Aye, end 5 will now cost 5 points instead of 30 per buff. What's more significant is the 20 buff limit. The fact that to get group end regen Mid have to use 8 buff slots is a big negative.

shouldn't need to buff yourself with end as shaman doesn't use styles - 7 buffs.. maybe 1 or 2 casters in group - 5 buffs.

Can't help lowbies out? damage add them

Can't stop whining? :p

D

Damon_D

rnage on buff's ok with me.. end buff taking conc points is da feek = big nerf.. now we need 2 shamans in each group whoopie doo

J

Jonaldo

As the topic was actually about having range on all buffs I'll change the subject back to that.

Yep I think it would be good to have buffs on a range limit but there may be some problems.

Firstly the obvious cash issue, Mythic and GOA would both lose out on a huge amount of revenue as most people would cancel their subscription for their 2nd accounts (buffbots) and this wouldn't be a wise business move, especially if they feel at all threatened with the other mmogs being released soon.

Also scouts... (not the alb class but people who do recon for tactical rvr) sometimes when attacking keeps or relic takes we like to send stealth classes out into the wilderness or to guard waypoints to give warnings when people are attacking. They would now lose all buffs when this happens, and adding self buffs would just make all those buffbotted infs/sb's the happiest people in the world. Any suggestions on how to fix this dilemma?

L

liste

just make it so your buff lose potency if you are out of range, and ONLY if you are not grouped with the buffer.

that means, you can still use your buffbot, fair enough. but you'll have a RP drop off that will make it less worth your while.

Also, this would mean that you cant have 8 assassins with their buffbots in one group.

oh well :)

O

old.Cher

cornell i find scouting and buffs dropping not too bad tbh, since the fact is the only other people that would find you would be other stealthers, probably too far from there group as well, so once again its an even playing ground.

there again this doesn't affect me much since i'm hardly ever buffed, in fact it would be better for me if buffs where taken out of the game :rolleyes:

R

rynnor

Not that bothered by the change to Shammie end regen - its actually an improvement in PvE and having a guild that sometimes seems to be half shamans (99% actively played rather than bots) its not going to worry us much :)

The 20 buff limit is the reason I stopped at 32 Aug - means my heals are a lot better and and I even have a little cave.

I wouldnt mind all buffs getting a range - in PvE it would make no difference and in RvR I'm with the party trying to keep em alive.

Only the stealth classes would really lose out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom