Enchanter spec

F

finisher

How should i spec an enchanter, i don't just want to have to live through a pet.

T

tildson

48 mana, 24 light rest enhancement. most overpowered spec there is :)

S

SilverHood

even if you dont want to be pbaoe, you gotta spec mana to get the franky overpowered damage shield.
Add the frankly overpowered pbaoe... I mean, soloing oranges with about 5 secs downtime...
:)

Can always respec to something else at lvl 40

P

Piojo

Do what sof says I'm 50 mana and I hardly use the last focus shield if I ever get the chance I'll put it down to 48

J

j000 d000d

50 Mana 20 Light 4 Enchantments

48 Mana 24 Light 6 Enchantments

48 Mana 23 Light 9 Enchantments

29 Mana 45 Light 6 Enchantments

one of those

go for the last one if you think you can empty your power bar in a fight

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

45 light
26 mana
rest in bugged Enchantments.

Be different, be a light chanter. :p

P

Piojo

Imo if ur gonna be a light chanter just go light eld?

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
45 light
26 mana
rest in bugged Enchantments.

Be different, be a light chanter. :p

Well, if the debuffs from Mana Line are moved to Enchantments which is likely, Mana won't be the godlike line it is now. So Uncle Sick has a point.

Just some food for thought. :)

O

Oopsa Daisy

Well if they going to do that we'd better get a full respec, I am sure i could make some really nasty dmg if the light debuff would be in enchantments, with going light

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Piojo
Imo if ur gonna be a light chanter just go light eld?

can't assist manachanters then

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by SilverHood
...you gotta spec mana to get the franky overpowered damage shield.
Add the frankly overpowered pbaoe...

For once, I can honestly say you're talking out your ass.

The damage shield is the same for SM and Cabalist, so how teh fook is it overpowerred? Nothing forces you to hit the pet.

Overpowerred PBAoE? Same for all PBAE classes, just different type. And sure, let's start the ancient debate about IF YOU'RE DON'T LIKE PBAE, DON'T FOOKING STAND NEXT TO HIM.

And don't even try saying that you get mezzed. Bullshit. Mids have AE Stun, which is FAR worse than what Hibs do. Just that Hibs have been practising it for far longer in PvE and RvR.

Git.

:flame:

-G

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
For once, I can honestly say you're talking out your ass.

The damage shield is the same for SM and Cabalist, so how teh fook is it overpowerred? Nothing forces you to hit the pet.

Overpowerred PBAoE? Same for all PBAE classes, just different type. And sure, let's start the ancient debate about IF YOU'RE DON'T LIKE PBAE, DON'T FOOKING STAND NEXT TO HIM.

And don't even try saying that you get mezzed. Bullshit. Mids have AE Stun, which is FAR worse than what Hibs do. Just that Hibs have been practising it for far longer in PvE and RvR.

Git.

:flame:

-G

Sometimes I really like br4nn0r. ;)

S

shadowhaxxor

50 enchantments and keep the spare points ,maybe enchanters will have another spec line in incoming patchs u never know :D

G

Gallak

Edit: I'm referring to the overpoweredness of the damage shield on the same line as the PBAE

The "overpower"edness comes more into PvE. Mana enchanters can actually get their pet to get enough aggro before using PBAE to finish them off, the other 2 realms need someone else there to taunt. Supp SMs to take an example I know have to let their pet get very low on health without healing before doing PBAE and even then the mob will barely be damaged and the SM still has a risk of getting aggro, enchanters can rely on their focus damage shield to keep the aggro even on 3+ mobs before they start booming. Another thing here is the baseline stun that hib casters get. If the enchanter does get aggro they can always quickcast stun and finish the mob off, SMs get root and Mezz, mezz can't be used on an enraged mob, and root is pointless when long range nukes can be so variable since you don't have a debuff for it on your main line :/

The thing is, when I play an enchanter (only level 16 so far) I actually feel overpowered, I feel like I shouldn't really have that much utility, sure its fun, but it feels so unfair to others.

B

Brannor McThife

Gallak.

(a) All classes are not meant to be exactly the same, just different realm. Midgard has healers who can stun nicely for PBAEing, yes, even in PvE.

(b) No, you are wrong about the aggro, manachanters often get aggro from mobs that were at 1/3 health before the PBAE.

(c) Overpowerred in PvE? Ahahaha. You haven't played a deathsight Necro. The focus shield of manachanters chews through mana, not to mention the PBAE's. You end up with downtime all the time. People that say "I can chain oranges without downtime" as manachanters are talking bullshit. They run out of power soon enough. Even cabalists with their pet-power thingy have to stop killing to regain power. The ONLY class that can kill, non-stop, so long as there are creatures popping in the spawn, is a necromancer.

Sure, an enchanter with pet shield and buffs can take down the CF epic mobs. But so can an SM and so can a cabalist.

I really am tired of people whinging about the overpowerredness of Enchanters. The problem is that the spells are all in the same spec line, and Mythic haven't been able to think of something to put in the mana line when they move the debuffs to the light line. As for the PBAE and focus shield being in mana? They'll be there forever.

:m00:

-G

T

tildson

When you complain about a class being overpowered in PvE, you should really re-think. The end-game is RvR, now with SC it is even more important to be 50 to stand a chance - this results in a way where <lvl50 is non-acceptable.

Cabalists and sorcerers could solo pygmys from lvl46+ in a way that was faster than a 4ppl focus-pulling fins group. Now, it did got nerfed. Not because it was overpowerd, bu because 1 player could take over the whole camp - leaving the lvl34-40's without any decent spot. We did not whine about this, we looked at it as their reward. As a sorc and cabby u had a really tough time finding a group to lvl35, and for cabbies u had a hard time even lvl35+! AoE-DoT+Focus shield is overpowered then too, do we care? No, because it does not affect RvR !

The only overpowered thing in an Enchanter's specline is the heatdebuff + heatbased baseline-DD. Focus pulling recognizes Hib as the magic realm, just like zerkers and savages do :)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by tildson
When you complain about a class being overpowered in PvE, you should really re-think. The end-game is RvR

Your End-game are RvR, daoc are open end, what you choose to do at 50 are up to you.

anyway, necros are the best class for pve.

Q

quiescent

Originally posted by tildson
The only overpowered thing in an Enchanter's specline is the heatdebuff + heatbased baseline-DD. Focus pulling recognizes Hib as the magic realm, just like zerkers and savages do :) [/B]

Agree. :)

G

Gallak

Overpowered in PvE, well thats why I used "" around it, someone said having damage shield and pbae in same spec was powerful, I just explained why they might think that.

Brannor

A) Yup I agree, would be boring if we were all the same, but isn't is disappointing when a class from another realm does everything better? I guess if it wasn't we wouldn't have "Nerf" posts.

B) quickcast PBAE is more likely to finish them off at 1/3 health than 9/10 health surely?

C) True but after LOS issues are fixed you wouldn't exactly call them overpowered in RvR would you? Enchanters would appear to be great in both.

You say you're tired of people whining about enchanters, and then go on to explain why people feel they are. Better to say you're tired of people whining fullstop, but Enchanters are overpowered for this reason.

Agreed the main thing with RvR is the fact enchanters can do high ranged damage and higher local AE damage, along with a CC type that is not broken by this damage. I'd normally prefer not to say nerf, and to bring everyone else up to this level for the sake of balance, but in this case it feels like giving everyone superpowers :/

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Enchanters can also fly and kill people just by looking at them in a mean, judgmental way.

O

old.Cher

last night i saw an enchanter suddenly glow white,he made a cripple able to walk again, and started turning peoples water into whine....

C

Cush

could you get beer instead if whine? me no like whine

S

scarffs

Brannor gets stunned a lot you'd say...whiner !

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Cher
last night i saw an enchanter suddenly glow white,he made a cripple able to walk again, and started turning peoples water into whine....

Nice pun. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom