enchanter pet

J

Jiggs

does anyone else find that sometimes when you engage a pet you miss 100%?

is it some kind of wierd bugg or something its happened twice to me now.

i asked benedictine and he said he had the same problem a few times so maybe its something wierd with 2handed weapons or something.

chanter pets are mildy annoying in RvR but become a real pain in the arse when you whaft 7 times in a row at a blue con pet!!

i'm going to run a log and try killing a few tonight.

(99% 16.5dps staff with 35%bonus btw)

O

old.LandShark

warden 6sec PBT, mebbe?
Dunno, I've never had any problems like that....
What I do find outrageous is how much hp druid/chanter pets have, but that's another story :p

B

belth

It's 1 or 2 wardens in the same group as the chanter, I suspect.

B

belth

Yea do that when the pet's on you and the chanters far away :rolleyes:

J

Jiggs

are you telling me that a pet gets pbt if the group has it?

that blows goats :(

would make sense tho

J

Jiggs

shouldn't i pierce the BT anyway? its a fricking blue con ffs :)

O

old.LandShark

Um, if yellows had a good chance to penetrate BT on blues, PBT would be useless in all PvE situations except tanglers.
And yes, of course pets get PBT :) Also group heals, group purge, etc etc...

Anyway never mind BT, shouldn't I be able to outmelee one?

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Anyway never mind BT, shouldn't I be able to outmelee one?

are you saying you can't?? bout 3shot kills for me (pbt permitting ofc.....)

N

Negura`

Id like to see you beat a chanter tank-pet with dmg-reflect running T_T

O

old.Charonel

i'd like you try to outmeelee any blue con pet from any decent pet class, by decent i mean one that can use their own pet buffs, because i'll tell you now, if it's a meelee pet then it'll eat you alive, that goes for your albion pet classes too i may add.

the caster underhills go down a lot easier though, because they're casters, but if it's a compatriot (tank pet) then it really should be a good tank.

D

Danya

I remember meleeing down a chanter tank pet, took me about 1 minute and half my hp. That was a blue or green pet (I forget).

B

belth

Originally posted by Negura`

Should be moved away from Mana-spec...

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Negura`

haha, vireb lost to my lvl 42pet with the lvl 40pet ds ^^

S

Salazar

Originally posted by belth

Should be moved away from Mana-spec...

Bah... u want to remove everything from mana-spec? :p

But these posts always cheer me up since when i originally started enchanter i was told pet is useless :)

But they can feel free to move some more tasty stuff to lightspec... i wouldnt mind... ;)

J

Jiggs

okes prob solved it was the pbt :)

when gorre goes test i'd like to dual a underhill, would be cool!!

i was thinkin the only thing that pisses me off about chanters is the heat debuff, i mean imagine if f.ex cabbies had a body debuff in their matter spec, you'd sure see some hibb00z bitching then!!

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by Jiggs

i was thinkin the only thing that pisses me off about chanters is the heat debuff, i mean imagine if f.ex cabbies had a body debuff in their matter spec, you'd sure see some hibb00z bitching then!!

I have 46+11 in matter and 28+14 in body. A body debuff in matter would make my baseline lifedrains in body as good as firewizard nukes.

O

old.Charonel

hands up those who've played a mana chanter here!

ok, those with hands up can leave, you dont need this lesson as you'll already know the answer.

for the rest of you lot that dont have a clue :), 'tis time for instruction.

on the one table here we have a heat debuff, we'll call it fred :)

on the desk HERE, we have a baseline light nuke, we'll call it barny.

now since fred and barny allways travel together let's see how usefull they are, now we need to compare them to something so let's have a look at what's on the chair, look it's betty the specline light nuke! say..."HELLO betty"

<all> "hello betty"

now betty can sit there doing her thing all day long, doesnt use much power does she, hits nice and hard too doesnt she

<all> nods

she can go all night! and will probably demand it too eh? :)

<all> snigger

ok, enough of that, stop laughing at the back!

now, on the other hand we have fred and barny here, they're not as efficient as betty, they can NEARLY hit as hard, but there's a prize for which one of you can guess right as to how long fred and barny can keep it up for:

<albion git 1> all night long sir!
<albion git 2> 19 casts sir!
<midgard git 1> sod all casts sir, about 5 if they're lucky.
<albion git 3> 4 EVA I R T3h R00X00R!!1!1!!

albion git 3 piss off back to OT, were trying to have a discussion here! now GET!

<albion git 3> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok, and the prize goes too..............the troll! yes it's midgard git 1!!! well done midgard git 1!

<midgard git 1> yay :clap:

as you can see, the restriction with a mana chanter is that using ranged attacks makes you out of mana almost instantly! yet as you can also see, the albion gits didnt know this, this is because they're STUPID :)

thus endeth the lesson :D

O

old.Wildfire

ignore the pets, much more fun watching the chanter BURRNNNNNNNNN

...ahem

J

Jiggs

i played a mana chanter (level 35 in 2days)

had fun duoing with a light spec mentalist, i was getting +60-70 on my nukes and he would get +100 ish

i say its overpowered from the perspective of having PLAYED it

the point AND THE ONLY POINT IS THIS:

no class should be able to hit for those numbers at pointblank AND nearly hit the damage of a light spec nuke AT RANGE, it should be one or the other....

power consumption? i dont think thats relevant with the timescale in RvR. you can switch staffs and use mcl as well u know :eek:

in short: i played it: its overpowered. i played against it: its overpowered.

B

belth

Originally posted by Salazar

Bah... u want to remove everything from mana-spec? :p

But these posts always cheer me up since when i originally started enchanter i was told pet is useless :)

But they can feel free to move some more tasty stuff to lightspec... i wouldnt mind... ;)

To Enchantments spec :D

O

old.Charonel

if you want to make it so that a chanter HAS to spec two lines to be viable, then you can happily deliver them the news that they now have 1.5 spec points.

kthxbye :)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Charonel
if you want to make it so that a chanter HAS to spec two lines to be viable, then you can happily deliver them the news that they now have 1.5 spec points.

kthxbye :)

Ooh, I'm getting 3.75 spec points then, goodie!!! It's 0.5 points for each specline you should spec :rolleyes:

O

old.Charonel

normally, but with the bugs currently in this game (and that show ZERO signs of being fixed within the next 5 months at least) there's the small fact that a chanter HAS to actually take one line all the way, so yes they would need to get 1.5 if you move everything from the lines they have to spec max and put them into some pointless little secondar line.

let's face it, you lot wont be happyuntil it's 100% unviable to play an enchanter, hardly surprising coming froma realm that got it's own healer class so nerfed to shit and back that nobody plays them anymore, and then the whines come out :)

J

Jiggs

yeah added to the fact that hib classes just seem to complement each other so well :(

B

belth

normally, but with the bugs currently in this game (and that show ZERO signs of being fixed within the next 5 months at least) there's the small fact that a chanter HAS to actually take one line all the way, so yes they would need to get 1.5 if you move everything from the lines they have to spec max and put them into some pointless little secondar line.

You still have only 3 lines to spec in, you won't get 1.5x points. DUH. Every caster/support class would then.

O

old.Charonel

yes because mythics made it so that they can function without having to max spec two lines, as chanters "sort of" can now, with the changes you albs are suggesting about dumping the good stuff into the other lines etc.. they'd have to have 1.5 or not be even slightly viable.

again, stop messing with classes you dont understand, you albs did it with clerics and look where that got you :)

B

belth

yes because mythics made it so that they can function without having to max spec two lines, as chanters "sort of" can now, with the changes you albs are suggesting about dumping the good stuff into the other lines etc.. they'd have to have 1.5 or not be even slightly viable.

again, stop messing with classes you dont understand, you albs did it with clerics and look where that got you :)

Why would it be bad if chanters defining line, ENCHANTMENTS, got the stuff out of Mana & Light lines that actually belong in ENCHANTMENTS?

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by belth

Why would it be bad if chanters defining line, ENCHANTMENTS, got the stuff out of Mana & Light lines that actually belong in ENCHANTMENTS?

enchantement: enhancing somthing, we have that, we can buff our pet and give dmg adds. debuffs is not an enhancement. so, you talk bs :eek:

B

belth

Read before you quote and talk bull, illiterate Sharp Thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom