Enchanter nerf

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
What are peoples views/solutions to this, ok ok I know we haven't got it yet but based on experience and so on :)

I get to play maybe 3 hours a night, sometimes more on my days off, I'm planning to spec at least 44 enchants and 20 mana, still waiting to see the end result of the nerf before comitting to a final spec.

PBAOE taunt grps will be back ofc, been too long without them IMO, just speaking as a player who doesn't get much chance to form grps larger than a handful of people. My main reason for going enchants is to farm orange/reds (plus the odd purps) with a ment and druid BB. I spent 2 years avoiding an enchanter and just when I make one nerf inc <sigh> give feedback, this may be useful to everyone :drink:

Gillaien

Fledgling Freddie
Well the chanter nerf mainly affects the fs - so theres no problem with classic xp groups. Then ofc the duration of the debuffs is decreased, but well, its yet to be proved that it makes a big difference.

Wait and see I'd say - the only thing that will prolly make every chanter cry is that they won't be a PL machine any more... free the field for light mentas :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Gillaien said:
Well the chanter nerf mainly affects the fs - so theres no problem with classic xp groups. Then ofc the duration of the debuffs is decreased, but well, its yet to be proved that it makes a big difference.

Wait and see I'd say - the only thing that will prolly make every chanter cry is that they won't be a PL machine any more... free the field for light mentas :D

Afaik, it's a nerf merely to stop farming of high level mobs in galla, as this isn't what it was ment for, so focus grps for pulling 5 or 6 whatever mobs can still take place. (I Think! :p)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Aoami said:
Afaik, it's a nerf merely to stop farming of high level mobs in galla, as this isn't what it was ment for, so focus grps for pulling 5 or 6 whatever mobs can still take place. (I Think! :p)

I've tested pulling a number of mobs without ment casting anything but HOT, 6 orange 2 reds or 10 orange was the limit, 5 reds or 4 low purp, also depends on how hard the mobs hit, fomors in TS are not nice :p

This is with lvl 35 nurt spec buffs and lvl 28 heal proc buff, can add a mob or two on with better buffs/better heal proc :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
why would u specc 44 enchantments? rest mana?... -casting speed will make up for the debuffs duration decreased, focus pulling wont be as effecient...for pve whores it might be anoying.. debuffs wont debuff for as much anymore... fixed value... a smaller nerf that forces chanters to play moer cooperative with other casters... for those who alrdy are, not much will differ.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Add to that, HoT generates no aggro and works very well on pets in an FDS group, and that manament also has a nice AoE DoT to wear the mobs down. From reports on VNBoards, initially all hell broke loose because aggro wasn't really working the way they planned it too, so what was happening was the shield was generating 25% aggro on the pet and 75% aggro on the chanter (not 50%-50% as they planned it), so after a few seconds of FDS the mobs would come screaming after the chanter, but thats now been corrected, so manament/manachanter/nurturedruid should still be a pretty effective farm/pl group, except that the chanter can't use Pb.

The biggest change is to how the shield works in high level encounters. Previously, the shield was hitting Purples as hard as it would hit yellows, so a focus enchanter could, with adequate healing on the pet, focus down boss mobs in galla or DF. (iirc RAs such as Serenity and RP, as well as mr5 was needed as well), but post nerf the FDS won't be nearly as effective against high purple mobs.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
well you could do galla bosses without high mr or serenity..
mr4 is enuff with good switching.. but that aint the point.. high level mobs shouldnt be able to get farmed taht way, this will raise prices on rare items and thereby get a real market...

saks

Fledgling Freddie
agree with stajj hihg lvl bosses shouldnt be farmable by 1fg, should neeed something like 4fg, so that there wont be so many of each item on the market and the prices will raise

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Galla will still be farmable with TANK grps, will take a bit longer time ofc

yah thats true... and if they nerf enchanters focus then they should nerf necros power transfear.

ATM a necromancer 2 clerics or 3, PBT, 1-2 paladins shield armsman a merc or two and a wizard and a minstrel can farm everything up to horses in sidi using duells minstrel vs necro to transfear power from the duel to the clerics n make them 100% power all the time.
I tryed it n it works fine.

Twisted

Fledgling Freddie
Gillaien said:
Wait and see I'd say - the only thing that will prolly make every chanter cry is that they won't be a PL machine any more...

This is supposed to make us cry ..... maybe i can stop being /anon all the time and have peace and quiet now. :kissit:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Aloca said:
Galla will still be farmable with TANK grps, will take a bit longer time ofc

I think for those truly dedicated to a PvE cause with their enchanters majestic will will be making an appearance for high lvl mob take downs, 450 a pop on keep lords isn't bad either :)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
saks said:
agree with stajj hihg lvl bosses shouldnt be farmable by 1fg, should neeed something like 4fg, so that there wont be so many of each item on the market and the prices will raise

Personally not interested in an items market where things get sold for 25p :)

I would rather lotto stuff in guild than sell it for personal gain, I only ever sell excess stuff that no one actually wants for a few hundred gold at most lol

Only problem with speccing 44 enchants and 30 mana is I haven't a clue what I should get in the way of RA's, not like mana drain is much of an issue and since I'm not nuking in any way I don't need WP or MOM, maybe wild minion? :p

saks

Fledgling Freddie
imo it should be like that you should make a bif effortd to be able to get some of the uber items, that isnt very much needed atm with the FPGs

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Culanan said:
Personally not interested in an items market where things get sold for 25p :)

I would rather lotto stuff in guild than sell it for personal gain, I only ever sell excess stuff that no one actually wants for a few hundred gold at most lol

Only problem with speccing 44 enchants and 30 mana is I haven't a clue what I should get in the way of RA's, not like mana drain is much of an issue and since I'm not nuking in any way I don't need WP or MOM, maybe wild minion? :p

I fail to see what u wanna do really... let ur pet kill orange mobs all day long, while u watch it? or rvr with something so completly useless?

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Stallion said:
I fail to see what u wanna do really... let ur pet kill orange mobs all day long, while u watch it? or rvr with something so completly useless?

low purp actually, besides no gain in doing purps with 2 people in a grp xping, much faster to do orange/reds.

Atm I'm xping, I've seen what the lvl 38 heal proc does and compared to a 50 mana chanter I see basically no difference, not to mention the fact the mana drain is tiny.
Calif in AOP is 44 enchants, 30 mana and is pretty effective solo in rvr, rr4 I think now. Oh wait, you mean perfectly balanced FG rvr right? :p Sure, doesnt fit in there so well but what the hell, we don't all have to do what every other enchanter does right? Guard, PBAOE box, yawn. Yeah it farms the rp's but it's dull, I prefer skin of my teeth style rvr.

And tell me how is farming orange con mobs all day long any different to purple? :p

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Culanan said:
low purp actually, besides no gain in doing purps with 2 people in a grp xping, much faster to do orange/reds.

Atm I'm xping, I've seen what the lvl 38 heal proc does and compared to a 50 mana chanter I see basically no difference, not to mention the fact the mana drain is tiny.
Calif in AOP is 44 enchants, 30 mana and is pretty effective solo in rvr, rr4 I think now. Oh wait, you mean perfectly balanced FG rvr right? :p Sure, doesnt fit in there so well but what the hell, we don't all have to do what every other enchanter does right? Guard, PBAOE box, yawn. Yeah it farms the rp's but it's dull, I prefer skin of my teeth style rvr.

And tell me how is farming orange con mobs all day long any different to purple? :p

your call really, play your char however u wanna play it.. cant see that spec competing against _any_ other class solo in rvr...and losing aint fun imo, not over time... but anyway...might be ok for pve (havent tried it) but on the papper (nothx ;)).. I hate xping overall, but if I had to id try to get over with it asap.. PL/focupull/set xp grps/blabla... im no roleplayer..

Playing as a team with a gankgrp is pretty much what this game has become for most of the ppl.. and requires alot more then "Guard, PBAOE box" like you want to put it... sure I might be overlooking ur spec... but im happy if u prove me wrong :twak:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Stallion said:
your call really, play your char however u wanna play it.. cant see that spec competing against _any_ other class solo in rvr...and losing aint fun imo, not over time... but anyway...might be ok for pve (havent tried it) but on the papper (nothx ;)).. I hate xping overall, but if I had to id try to get over with it asap.. PL/focupull/set xp grps/blabla... im no roleplayer..

Playing as a team with a gankgrp is pretty much what this game has become for most of the ppl.. and requires alot more then "Guard, PBAOE box" like you want to put it... sure I might be overlooking ur spec... but im happy if u prove me wrong :twak:

I'm no roleplayer either, I also don't have a 50 nurt BB, to me enchant spec goes a long way for people who don't have a lot of the best tools at their finger tips. I'm also planning ahead for FS nerf, mana is undoubtably best for the old style of taunt/pbaoe grps, think it's good that there are people who have tried this sort of spec and can say it is NOT gimped for PvE, just applies to a different set of situations.

And your right, PBAOE in RvR is more than guard, PBAOE box, I forgot to add in MOC as well :p
Calif does well in RvR, proves to me that you don't need the most common spec in HIB to perform well as an enchanter, it's just different and wouldn't work in the standard enchanter setup, swings and roundabouts m8.

Just don't think it's a good idea to sweep enchantment enchanters under the carpet, I for one will be providing information on how effective it is in PvE, it'll be good for players who this sort of spec is appropriate for.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
well as I said, ill be happy if u prove me wrong.. dont think u will thou :p :cheers:

Lusingan Oakspirit

Fledgling Freddie
Cula, i'm a bit sorry to say that Calif kinda isn't that good with the enchantments spec in RvR... (Tbh he changes spec every week imo xD)
he respecced to light and mana, some balanced spec and then he ruled, but he uses full red buffs all the time too ;) but as the enchantments he really just farmed, never rvr'ed unless he could group up with us GG's and give uber red dmg add...

hope he doesnt read this :D

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Lusingan Oakspirit said:
Cula, i'm a bit sorry to say that Calif kinda isn't that good with the enchantments spec in RvR... (Tbh he changes spec every week imo xD)
he respecced to light and mana, some balanced spec and then he ruled, but he uses full red buffs all the time too ;) but as the enchantments he really just farmed, never rvr'ed unless he could group up with us GG's and give uber red dmg add...

hope he doesnt read this :D

Nerf him then, can never get a straight answer when I cross examine him over his spec :p

Palekick

Fledgling Freddie
Culanan said:
Nerf him then, can never get a straight answer when I cross examine him over his spec :p

Culanan me mate, im only using 44 enchantments and 30 mana for PvE only, if i wanted rvr spec again then i would stick to 40 mana, 36 light as before :)

and as for Lusingan soz but i did read ur post :p and i couldn't agree more, 44 enchantments aint great in RvR since its a PvE spec unless its a tank grp
but pet can be devastating towards casters or stealthers if u like to avoid being seen ;)

imo now that i've tried 44 enchantments and 30 mana for some time (again) i would rather say 40 mana at max, 32 enchantments and 12 light (rest pts but the dmg debuff is nice to have around :p ). havent tried it but need yet another respec stone to try it :)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Palekick said:
Culanan me mate, im only using 44 enchantments and 30 mana for PvE only, if i wanted rvr spec again then i would stick to 40 mana, 36 light as before :)

and as for Lusingan soz but i did read ur post :p and i couldn't agree more, 44 enchantments aint great in RvR since its a PvE spec unless its a tank grp
but pet can be devastating towards casters or stealthers if u like to avoid being seen ;)

imo now that i've tried 44 enchantments and 30 mana for some time (again) i would rather say 40 mana at max, 32 enchantments and 12 light (rest pts but the dmg debuff is nice to have around :p ). havent tried it but need yet another respec stone to try it :)

Just that whenever I've asked you've obviously changed your spec 5 mins later damn you :p

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
conc, xaga, umiah, hurion, easm will be still farmed easy with 2ppl playing 4chars.

no bm, geo, gsc tho and oem gets adds fixed. Still doable i think.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
well as I said, ill be happy if u prove me wrong.. dont think u will thou :p :cheers:
My other chanter is 44 ench 31 mana and there are some advantages in it in RvR.

Caster pet hits quite hard with piercing magic spell and keeptakes/defence are quite nice when u can just send the pet in/out to get casters and even if it don't kill the target it takes their groups attention occupying healers and tanks to take it out. Also sending it after stealthers is fun, just waiting for the deathspam. :)

Might not be as effective in general than other specs but sure is fun.

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
Y can still focus pull if y want to but not as fast and certainly not those very hard mobs y shouldnt be able to kill in less than a zerg anyway :p

Disadvantage is the inflation we gonna see of those rare drops

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
How would this spec fair as regards to a PL specced chanter?

40 Mana (2nd best focus shield and pbaoe)
34 Ench (1st defensive proc and 2nd best dmg add)
12 Light (left overs)

How would that compare to the convential 50/20 spec?
Also would this spec be better for such things as focus pulling in Galla?

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
In my experience the best thing about ench/mana spec is the fact that u can pull just about the same mobs than with full mana with just a bard, since u have spec buffs.
Takes a while longer to kill the mobs but downtime is practically 0.

I have 2 level 50 enchanters, one full mana and one 44ench/31 mana and when it comes to petpulling, ench one is far more effective when pulling a large number of mobs due to health proc.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Xanthian said:
How would this spec fair as regards to a PL specced chanter?

40 Mana (2nd best focus shield and pbaoe)
34 Ench (1st defensive proc and 2nd best dmg add)
12 Light (left overs)

How would that compare to the convential 50/20 spec?
Also would this spec be better for such things as focus pulling in Galla?

The first heal proc isn't that effective, I've seen the 2nd one proc a lot more often, the 28 spec proc is nice enough when you have to run around looking for mobs to pull and tops up heals nicely, the 38 is much better from what I've seen, so I'm just waiting to see if it's worth going 44 enchants for the DA or bump up mana (using lvl 20 fs atm) for a better fs and maybe a little more in light. Leaning towards more mana for the heat debuff too, at least I could assist DD then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom