empty servers

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Lordy RAA
ooohhhhhh 2 big posts :) I like that.

uhmm no. decreasing rate had been slowed because off a reasonble increase of new players. For some odd reason I like to look at the number of players in all servers. They where always around 200 during the weekdays evening/night time and 240 weekends. Since the techtrial on tuesday and wednesday 160-170. Dont know thursday caus I was getting pissed.
Looking at the numbers yes we have been hard done by. Yes p2p will come and yes I have downloaded and used the logon program.

Erm yes since its release the overall numbers of players have decreased at a considerable rate, when I played getting on was hard and even before the Tech Trial there were a lot of empty servers. As stated the numbers have decreased by quite a lot after the TT because the poor reaction of the EF players who knew and then you have to count those that won't even bother trying to find out.

I dont really care where I play as long as it is not by myself.
FFA servers are often empty yes and this has been said often enough I think. Also some servers where not as full because of the map changes some people who couldn't be asked to download maps (?where have I seen that before) and others who only play the same maps, were reluctant to join those servers.
For other possibilities instead of the trial? have the potential customers been asked? As Ted said no and also said that was a mistake. The main problem now is that there is no real way back.

All the potential tech trial users did was moan about installing a tiny bit of software and came up with ideas already dismissed ages a go when BW was in trouble. Banner advertising etc etc.

a company cant force people to buy a product. If a product isn't sold the company has to find another product. It has to sell something to have a profit or survive.

I would like to know how it is going with the other games in trial.

Well I am of to go play with myself on a bw server. [/B]

Who said any thing about forcing them to try a product...at the end of the day BWs very exsistance relies on them going to P2P at some point in the future and this Tech Trial is free although some make it out to be costing £1m.

Actually you adapt how you deliver the technology and binning it isn't really a possibility and imho they can most probably use the GAME shops to increase numbers again, in the future. Although this will leave BW in an empty state if every one reacts the way that EF players did about just the Tech Trial.

BTW you left your post without suggesting another way, in all its time BW has/will always listen to players who have ideas...although they have to be reasonable.

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

ur still not quite getting it r u petal? :rolleyes:

anyone passing comment about the number of ppl in the servers HAS given it a go, hence the fact they can see how many ppl r there.

but if the servers are all empty who exactly r we meant to go and play with? i have better things to do with my time than sit in an empty server waiting around to see if anyone turns up...

if u still need it explaining to u then u prolly wouldnt understand... :sleeping:

oh and btw. empty servers dont cost money? tell that to the md of game and see if he doesnt laugh in ur face.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by SpunkyTheMonkey
ur still not quite getting it r u petal? :rolleyes:

anyone passing comment about the number of ppl in the servers HAS given it a go, hence the fact they can see how many ppl r there.

but if the servers are all empty who exactly r we meant to go and play with? i have better things to do with my time than sit in an empty server waiting around to see if anyone turns up...

if u still need it explaining to u then u prolly wouldnt understand... :sleeping:

Lol perhaps you should see other forums like the Tech trial where people had not even given it a go, if they had a problem installing the app it suddenly becomes crap and instead of a solution they continue to moan..seems to be an EF trait. Even if they have installed one of the various apps their preconception had already made up there mind as you could see by various posts when the TT was anounced, darling :rolleyes:

As for the servers being empty, you need to look at your fellow EF players....the TT didn't help but neither did most of there attitudes.

I don't need it explained to me at all thanks I tend to look at the overview...this invloves looking at various aspects of BW in the Past, Present, Future.....not just one community either.

E

Embattle

BTW I'm not generalising all EF players as some will P2P and then there are those that won't but seem grateful to BW for all the time they provided FREE servers. I do feel sorry for TTD/DBs/BW Team as the free service they started years a go seems to get over looked by quite a few people who have/are going else where but keep coming back here to argue in a way that makes it seem as if BW screwed them over....thats the thing that get in my craw.

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

tru dat but it's not like everyone shouldn't have seen it coming :) ...and dont call me darling :twak:

O

old.Lordy RAA

Erm yes since its release the overall numbers of players have decreased at a considerable rate
ok should have said recently, like in the past few months.

Looking at mails from people from my clan most people have downloaded it, but dont like it caus of the extra thing you have to do before some mindless fragging. :)

binning it isn't really a possibility
yes so why say what I would have done? If you really want I could though :p

All the potential tech trial users did was moan
thank you :confused: though if all did that shouldn't this have told people something?

I do feel sorry for TTD/DBs/BW
so do I, but I cant remember signing a loyalty contract. The reason why I play is for some fun with as litle as possible hassle.

C

[CLF]picard17

let me put it this way> over the last few weeks there has been a steady influx of noobs to ef{ now dont shout noobs down they are the life blood of any game if you want it to keep goin}this may be due to the special edition of ef. Now put yourself in these guys shoes they know nothing of on line gaming at all they buy the game load it up play a few single player games then investigate the multplayer option, now what do they use to launch these games ? GSA, pathfinder,efspy,barrys bar. No they use the in game browser rusulting in a non show of the barrys ef servers so they see another companys and jump in.
Now by nature the on line player is gregarious and dousent want to play by himself so when ppl that have been playing EF for a while fire up there server browsers whether it be barrys log on/bar or whatever what do they see barrys servers 0 players while other servers have ppl in so they join these. Even ppl that agree with the tech trial wont want to log a server with 0 ppl in it they will usally log a server where they see friends.
Basically the fall down here was bad advertisment this should have been implimented a long time ago perhaps with a thought to asking if a flyer could be placed within the special edition boxes. Even perhaps a note on the EB site would be something, basically expecting the EF comunity to do Barrys world advertising is bad Business.

O

old.Lordy RAA

oh before i forget
Who said any thing about forcing them to try a product
? if you cant play on a bw server without using the logon, then you are forcing people to try that product. Though there are other servers this doesn't mean that it the same thing.

oh and Picard you are making a mistake in my eyes
new player = newbie
noob= anoying twat that can only camp/cheat/chatkill ;)

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

new player = newbie = n00b
annoying twat = annoying twat

:clap: :clap: :clap:

E

Embattle

I agree Pic...something I've never denied. While BW has admitted that it didn't inform people early enough the fact that most of the EF players, that knew it was coming, moaned about it before it was even released was a little silly. BW doesn't expect you to advertise TT for them but at the same time not to give it a whirl or to try and advise others is a little senseless to your own community, surely?

The ultimate goal is imho to use the resulting technology to introduce P2P and then use GAME outlets to pimp BW and thus newbies will be directed towards BW, although as you pointed out this will result in a dip on any servers included, it will also affect the slightly weaker communities even more where numbers are generally lower.

Lordy RAA stop talking such tripe and rehashing you previous replies. I won't reply to your posts since they have been answered or make no logical sense.....least pic has reasonable and well constructed reply's ;)

I go with STM version of n00b.

O

old.Dreadnought

i wud like to add some shit ;) LoL !

a) embattle u say people didnt care earlier ina post about BW and their servers... well maybe its true, but i think a lot more people wud be trying the TT and even doing the p2p if BW had ever treated us EF players with respect...

sure u gave us free server, and a good number at that... but only recently in 2 years have u eva asked people what we wanted... and we actually got it, u have had the same map rotations since time fecking began, and its a joke. Jolt and the like always listen to the players, and even jolt have done far more than BW will prob ever do for the EF community server-wise, thats definetly one reason why this TT is a flop and a half...

also, the EF numbers were decreasing since games like, jk2, renegade, moh etc came out, but at least there was still a good number of poeple playing, including the new n00bs, i know 8 mates who have bought the game themselves in the past 2 weeks and spent time on BW servers till the TT. also, i like to seehow many peeps r playing some nights...LoL and i noticed when BW DID make them changes thx to STARMAN, the number of people at one point in the night was 450 players playing EF on the 1.2 patch alone ! over double what it was b4 it... and what it basically is now...

overall, conclusion TT - FLOP reason = BW doing it, and they never bothered much with EF players b4...

prediction, p2p EF = hahahhaahahhahahahaah

E

Embattle

They change stuff IF you ask....-->normally<-- if you ask the EF liason he/she will ask for changes and they will be changed asap.

They certainly did change stuff on old mods like AQ2 where DeathWatch is the main contact point...he asks them and they provide.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Lordy RAA
oh before i forget

? if you cant play on a bw server without using the logon, then you are forcing people to try that product. Though there are other servers this doesn't mean that it the same thing.

oh and Picard you are making a mistake in my eyes
new player = newbie
noob= anoying twat that can only camp/cheat/chatkill ;)

Not true, you don't need BarryLogon to use our servers. You can just logon to our website and gain access :p

O

old.[CLF]Stevo

What is wrong with chat killing?

Do you want shot in the back after walking past a guy that is chatting?

I certainly dont. Especially on insta/disint servers i just kill em.

O

old.Dreadnought

Embattle m8....nearly a year ago i asked BW to change stuff that PEOPLE wanted... like adding the new XP modes etc... they did it like 6 months after... yeh as if thats asap.

they only put the 2nd insta server up 2 weeks ago, and eveyrone had been asking for ages.... it just sucked cos BW wud barely do anything to help us at first...then they did a bit/nothing again.... then the last month they finally tried something...and oh look! p2p comes into action

O

old.Dreadnought

about 50 times yes...

he did do what everyone asked for the last month or so... but NGUK at the time were doing eveyrthing eveyr wanted, not BW

O

old.Dreadnought

and another thing....

i SEE BW SERVERS ON GAMESPY !!!!!!!!!

LoooooooooooooooooooooooL

/me looks at how poor and empty each server is with the exception of one duel LOLOLOL !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom