Empire Total War question

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's on steam for about £6. I remember playing Medieval Total War years ago and enjoyed it, however what I dont enjoy is the actual fighting (weird i know!).

I enjoy planning what bits of the world I want to take over, sending spies all over the place, defending key points etc, but I dont enjoy going into the 3D map and moving units myself e.g. setting the soldiers to go in first in a rectangle formation and the musket dudes to flank and the bakers to make wheat free bread - (as I'm useless at this).

Can I play the game and let the computer fight the battles for me? or do you really have to get involved to stand a chance of getting anywhere?

Vae

Resident Freddy
That's exactly what I did when I played Empire Total War. I loved the battles in Shogun, Medieval and Rome but Empire just bored me so I played a couple of battles and then just played it on the strategy map.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ah ok thanks Vae :) 15gb download = :*(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'm the other way around actually. I'd certainly buy the Napoleon one if it was just detailed battles. I'm not interested in the "The Pope is going to excommunicate you" bit :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
If your more into the strategy of it, I'd have thought Civ4 or the Europa Universalis games would be far more up your street.

The big battles is the only thing the total war series has managed to do well lately. Diplomacy, exploration and grand intrigue are handled much better in other series.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I played Prussia on the hardest difficulty and still beat it fairly easily. I played my own battles at the start and then just blobbed my enemies towards the end.

If you like strategy, can I reccomend Europa Universalis 3 with the latest version of Magna Mundi mod installed.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I played Prussia on the hardest difficulty and still beat it fairly easily. I played my own battles at the start and then just blobbed my enemies towards the end.

If you like strategy, can I reccomend Europa Universalis 3 with the latest version of Magna Mundi mod installed.

EU is good, hearts of iron is simialir but 1930s-1950s

(and there is a consensus that HoI2 is actually better <read: less buggy/laggy/memory leaky than HoI3)

Helme

Resident Freddy

Heir to the Throne(Newest expansion) is way better than what Magna Mundi adds, but else I agree.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is good at least now, on release the whole game was woeful due to crashing bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom