Empire Careers...

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Guys

Hoping here that some of the closed beta guys can give me some advice.

I was really wanting to play for order in the Empire. My Original career of choice was going to be a KoTBS, but with their sad demise I am stuck trying to choose a new career!

I am really tempted by the warrior priest, but having read a few threads it seems as though these stalwarts of sigmar aren't in favour with players.

People then talk about the witch hunter being a dps character. Sorry but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this...what exactly does this mean, how does the witch hunter play?

Then there is the Bright Wizard. What does he play like? Is he as destructive as he looks?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Going to maybe try a few different classes in open beta, but I can't see me getting to the higher levels were you will really notice the differences that I'm sure you closed beta players have seen.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Wild

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Witch Hunter, from what I can tell (I've not done much research to be honest, I want tit to be a surprise when I get in game) is a stealthy stabby stabby kind of person. Like a rogue in the other game that shall not be mentioned. Or, well, like a rogue in every other game too.

Bright Wizard is the same kind of thing but instead of being stealthy stabby stabby, he's casty hurty hurty. Both classes will be doing lots of damage, they just do it in different ways.

If you were thinking of going KoTBS though, surely one of the other tanky tanky slightly hurty classes would be better?

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Unless you're planning to join a "leet" guild with a pre-fixed group setup, I see no problem making a Warrior Priest. You'll always get a random group no matter what class you roll.

If I were going Order I'd make a Warrior Priest for sure. They're my second favorite after Disciple of Khaine, which is the Warrior Priests mirror class. WP is slightly more buff/defense oriented while the DoK is slightly more offensive oriented.

I had a really fun time playing a Witch Hunter in beta. A lot of fun picking out Sorcs, Squig Herders, Magus and other weak classes in zergs/smaller fights. They have 3 spec lines, one "toe to toe", one with positional attacks, and one with DOT's. I pretty much only tried the DOT spec on both the WH and Witch Elf. Kinda funny watching a sorc/bw's health drop from 50-70% to 0% purely from DOT effects, depending on how lucky you are ofc. :)

So to sum it up; WH is a sneaky high DPS class(close if not as good as BW's DPS). You'll mostly be picking on targets who are weak and who aren't ready for you, trying to kill them before you get killed by their friends. Kamikaze style! :D

Important to know about stealth in this game is; it's a 30sec duration buff, with a 60sec re-use timer. So you won't be able to stay stealthed forever like in most other games. Oh, and the 60sec re-use does not start counting until after you unstealth. So every time you unstealth for whatever reason, you'll always have to wait 60sec before you can stealth again.

Bright Wizards are a lot of fun too. They have something called "Combustion" which builds up as you cast damaging spells(from 0 to 100). The higher it gets, the more Crits you get, and the more damage your Crits do. But there's a negative effect from this aswell. With higher Combustion, all your spells have a chance to backfire, damaging you aswell as your target. The damage done to you is not as high as to your target though, so it is quite manageable, but I recommend watching your health if you don't have an active healer behind your back! :) But yeah, with a healer and your Combustion maxed, their damage is pretty insane.

Ended up writing more than I intended, probably didn't make your choice easier either. I'd recommend trying them, see which one "feels" right. :) But whatever choice you end up making, be it WP, BW or WH, you made the right one! :D They're all a blast.

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried a warrior priest, and it felt a little like the old DAoC friar, just without the evasion.
The only problem with the priest is I didn't really seem to be doing much damage, especially in a scenario at level 4. Went up against what I assume were marauders (lobster claw handed dude) and a chosen seperately and just couldn't do any damage; after the level buff, I would have hoped there'd be a little more parity between the chaos tanks and what, to me, looks like the only thing the Empire has to a heavy tank. Is this the role the aforementioned KoTBS was supposed to fill? (And what's a KoTBS?)

I tried an Elf Shadow Warrior which was a laugh, but noone seemed interested in the scenario, so I think I'll be giving the WH a go tonight.

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
KoTBS - Knight of the Blazing Sun

The WP seems to be getting better...at lvl 11 now and I am actually killing a few people in RVR lol Would love to be able to try a much higher level and see what its like. Really not convinced by the WP as a good career choice but we'll see after a few more levels.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
WP has good longetivity in RVR, and can put out some decent dps, sure its not on the level of say a Sorc or BW dps, but its still decent.

Witch Hunter is a very very strong class when played right, the limited stealth has been implemented extremely well imo and makes this class well rounded, devastating 1 on 1 when it can get the suprise attack off, but will die fast if jumped by a couple of people.

and thank god they havent gone the route of Infiltrators with perm stealth and stun openers, kinda like the rogue from WoW with stunlock etc.

Now you have to really pick your fights if your running solo, which adds a whole lot of skill to your gameplaying, the crap Witch Elves and Witch Hunters will have to learn fast or reroll :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom