Emain RvR and Flame Threads

H

Henry-Vee

I just finished reading one of the Emain zerg complaint threads. Actually I tell a lie. I managed about the 1st 2 or 3 pages then immediately skipped to the last page when I realised it was just becoming page after page of immature flames. This is a pitty because the poster and a few others were making interesting comments, and I was quite keen to see what other folks thought.

I don't post on the forums often, but like many people I read them a lot. However it's getting to the stage where i wonder why i bother. When are these kids going to learn that thier idiotic comments are only hilariously funny to them selves, and absoloutly no one else?

On a lighter note, I'd like to put in my tuppence on the RvR problems in emain.

I've only ever really played in Midgard, and with the same charachter, so I don't claim to be knowledgable on this so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

On our alliance chat, if someone spams that x amount of albs or hibs are in Odins, the general concensous seems to be that we should do something about it and eject the invaders from our frontier. Surely we can expect no less from the Hibs?

If i was a hib, I doubt I would ever RvR anywhere else, because I'd be sure to find enemies, and I'd be defending my realm at the same time!! Surely the emphasis for toning emain down should be with Midgard and Albion and not Nobly Pride, and all the other hibs?

I'm more a follower than a leader when it comes to RvR, as i suspect most people are, and i tend to go where every one else is going! I don't want to seem ungreatful, because without the people who organise RvR, it would be a randon annoying experiance, but perhaps the ability to thin out the RvR zones lies with them?

I also think that the manner in which realm abilities are gained, attract people to the zerg. I think many people who RvR are motivated by realm points alone, and that means the Zerg, and that means emain.

But without them peoples motivation to play may be taken away altogether, which is clearly not a good thing ;-)

Just my 2 copper pieces.

Henryvee

Skald of White Rose

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Henry-Vee
I just finished reading one of the Emain zerg complaint threads. Actually I tell a lie. I managed about the 1st 2 or 3 pages then immediately skipped to the last page when I realised it was just becoming page after page of immature flames. This is a pitty because the poster and a few others were making interesting comments, and I was quite keen to see what other folks thought.

I don't post on the forums often, but like many people I read them a lot. However it's getting to the stage where i wonder why i bother. When are these kids going to learn that thier idiotic comments are only hilariously funny to them selves, and absoloutly no one else?

On a lighter note, I'd like to put in my tuppence on the RvR problems in emain.

I've only ever really played in Midgard, and with the same charachter, so I don't claim to be knowledgable on this so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

On our alliance chat, if someone spams that x amount of albs or hibs are in Odins, the general concensous seems to be that we should do something about it and eject the invaders from our frontier. Surely we can expect no less from the Hibs?

If i was a hib, I doubt I would ever RvR anywhere else, because I'd be sure to find enemies, and I'd be defending my realm at the same time!! Surely the emphasis for toning emain down should be with Midgard and Albion and not Nobly Pride, and all the other hibs?

I'm more a follower than a leader when it comes to RvR, as i suspect most people are, and i tend to go where every one else is going! I don't want to seem ungreatful, because without the people who organise RvR, it would be a randon annoying experiance, but perhaps the ability to thin out the RvR zones lies with them?

I also think that the manner in which realm abilities are gained, attract people to the zerg. I think many people who RvR are motivated by realm points alone, and that means the Zerg, and that means emain.

But without them peoples motivation to play may be taken away altogether, which is clearly not a good thing ;-)

Just my 2 copper pieces.

Henryvee

Skald of White Rose

When I started reading your post I was getting ready to make some idiotic comment :p

But I pritty much agree with you on the emain thing.

Edit: We only hijack the idiotic threads whos topic is somewhat old and been posted numerous times before ;) aka Nolby Pride Threads ;)

K

kr0n

Whenever SotL or Warders go out with balanced group, eventually a "zerg" arrives aswell. When you cant beat them, bring more people. Its just the way cookie crumbles. Organised guild RvR groups attract zergs, mainly due the fact random formed groups usually can't compete with them.

Also, zerging aka bringing more people all together than your opponent would have even a slightest chance of winning, is not healthy for RvR in general. If you get beaten down numerous times, without a chance of defeating your opponents, you either:
1. Call more friends to "zerg" em down.
2. /quit and go play something else or *gasp* go outside.

After option 1, it usually ends up into a horde of Albs/Mids/Hibs camping Amg/Mmg. Sometimes smart people go to a keep raid, or spread out, log, or something.

I know this is probably the most popular subject around, but its a big part of the game. RvR is the main thing that DAoC uses to attract people to play this game. When you ruin it for others, you eventually ruin it for yourself.

PS. And its bloody shite RPs in a goddamn zerg! :)

S

SilverHood

Also, zerging aka bringing more people all together than your opponent would have even a slightest chance of winning, is not healthy for RvR in general. If you get beaten down numerous times, without a chance of defeating your opponents, you either:
1. Call more friends to "zerg" em down.
2. /quit and go play something else or *gasp* go outside.

I end up doing number 2 after most emain trips... getting zerged by LoE and Sotl just isn't fun after the 100th time.

Shame mythic designed the game so that zerging > all

O

old.Finster

/sv_friendly_fire 1
/server reboot

hey! i m a pbaoer lfg <looks around>

one day of friendly fire would so much cure the zerg problem...

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Local Svartalf

S

SilverHood

hmmm, friendly fire would solve some problems... but it would completely negate spells with a radius on them... well, at close range anyway.

guess it would solve the mile gate porblems, as you can't spam aoe dot's on the doors if you hit your own team

Users who are viewing this thread