Emain Midnight 5 april

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
... could just set a time for each guild to go RvR ?

RvR Schedule :
7-8 PM : Mael, PE, GA
8-9 PM : Bo, AoD, AD
9-10 PM : BaF, DoA, Severance
10-11 PM : etc, etc, etc
11-12
1-2 AM :
2-3 AM :
3-4 AM :
4-5 AM :
5-6 AM :

og så videre!

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Arus Canus said:
I like big fights... ie Realm versus Realm. ( how the game is supposed to be played ) Why do you think we get a "map" in Frontiers.. might be so its easier to spot a fight. Realm versus Realm ... <sigh>

This 1fg vs 1fg crap is the ideas of rp whores.
Dont get it... if rvr is so bad and it means the world to you, why dont you just wake up and realize, that i wont change, so might as well just quit and stop moaning on FH.
1st of all, doubt that map will change anything. If more ppl move together, then RvR guilds will move in 2fg instead of 1 and wipe 6fg instead of 3fg.

Personally sometimes I like zerg fights (chaos everywhere :) ) if both side have the numbers for it, but sadly my PC and maybe the engine of DAoC (dunno about ToA engine, I don't have ToA) can't deal with a large scale fight. So with 6fg on the screen (+pets - with bd's, animists, theus its another 2 fg) I hardly can do anything. I think I'm not alone with it, so lot of ppl can't enjoy large scale battle.

Btw there were skirmishes and small scale fights (ie fg vs fg) between realms, not just "zerg vs zerg" in the history, so same right to do all type of fights above.

About fg vs fg, tho Mythic encourage ppl to zerg with MLs and current state of Frontiers, they also encouraged fg vs fg with setting grpsize = 8 players.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Uberlama said:
Well then pls forget ur uhm.. (checking dictionary...) prejudice , yes thats it. :) we dont wanna zerg even if we not really have a chance against mael top grp yet (not even mention if we have any add), we used to change frontier, but these days odin and hw are soo empty :( (thx to toa :< )
Thats daoc for you though ... when we were realm rank 4-6 etc .. we lost alot more then we do now, maybe not loads and only to decent guild groups but we still lost some. PE also 90% of time beat us fg vs fg .. right up till just before toa ... where i felt we were high enough rr to win 50/50 ... and we had just started winning too ... trust toa to ruin that. Most likely never get the chance to beat pe fg vs fg now :)

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Arus Canus said:
... could just set a time for each guild to go RvR ?

RvR Schedule :
7-8 PM : Mael, PE, GA
8-9 PM : Bo, AoD, AD
9-10 PM : BaF, DoA, Severance
10-11 PM : etc, etc, etc
11-12
1-2 AM :
2-3 AM :
3-4 AM :
4-5 AM :
5-6 AM :

og så videre!
I think if that happend GA would be quiting the game kinda soon :)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Ya, was part of the Eclipse (ish) group last night, had quite some fun killing silly 2fg mids, but got killed by the savages every time when we meet BO / Mael etc :( Hardly ever saw Albs, was just going back to farm random mids, then get kicked the shit by the savages.
Anyway, then moved to HW, where we killed 1fg albs, then to Pennine where we disturbed an alb retake of Eras (hi :D) and then to Surs which Mids just capped to destroy their fun. (look, pbaoe!) Was a fun night all together and made 25k, so not too dissapointed. Givf more random mids though, so easy to farm :D

\o/ group phanter \o/ RWOAR

edit: hahahahaha at Steveh running 1fg. well if 1fg = 20 persons, that's right. Steveh is the Prydwen version of Outlaw :D

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
Arus Canus said:
I like big fights... ie Realm versus Realm. ( how the game is supposed to be played ) Why do you think we get a "map" in Frontiers.. might be so its easier to spot a fight. Realm versus Realm ... <sigh>

This 1fg vs 1fg crap is the ideas of rp whores. ( tho i have to admit, its FUN ... but zergs dont bother me, think its great when all 3 realms meet and get a good spanking.
Dont get it... if rvr is so bad and it means the world to you, why dont you just wake up and realize, that i wont change, so might as well just quit and stop moaning on FH.

<INSERT FLAME AND MOANING BELOW THIS LINE>
--------------------------------------------------
agrees 110% =)

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
Arus Canus said:

This 1fg vs 1fg crap is the ideas of rp whores. ( tho i have to admit, its FUN ... but zergs dont bother me, think its great when all 3 realms meet and get a good spanking.

<INSERT FLAME AND MOANING BELOW THIS LINE>
--------------------------------------------------

Agree with parts. What i don't like is when a 3 fg force overrun 1 fg, or even 1fg overrun 1 man. That's zerg which has nothing to do, just farm everyone. I like big fights aswell but my PC doesn't (wasn't n e problem pre toa..) so that's why i "whine" against 3fg vs 3fg or even more. Didn't mean to offend, but IRC fooked up my mind the day before.
Peace :cheers:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Arus Canus said:
I like big fights... ie Realm versus Realm. ( how the game is supposed to be played )
Ok, since when Realm vs Realm means big fights/zerging? It's not like there was only one big force (zerg) from both USA and Vietnam in their war, they were in many smaller troops (1fg) who helped each others in some situations (keeps :p).

Patrol with 1fg -> kill enemies 1fgs -> hit their keep with zerg -> prepare to get counter zerged = RvR (I dont see I have the right to say how the game is supposed to be played so I wont say it :p)
Arus Canus said:
Sure... and zerging/keep takes are for roleplayers? The idea of 1fg vs 1fg is having equal size of forces to get as fair fights as possible. It could be 2fg vs 2fg, 3fg vs 3fg or 10fg vs 10fg but ask this from yourself - Which one of those is easiest to organise? I have spent hours and hours just to find one Cleric for our group, sure it would take days to find 10 (well, actually 20 :p) Clerics to get ready to move?

Zergs dont bother me either (well, I dont enjoy getting outnumbered by organised force) but I dont get it why people are saying zerging is the way Daoc is supposed to be played.
Arus Canus said:
think its great when all 3 realms meet and get a good spanking.
Realm versus Realm means One Realm vs One Realm though?

[edit:] Anyone still remember what the real zerg-RvR is like? Either 10fg+ Albs camping MMG/E or 10fg Mids camping AMG/E 24/7. Fun fun fun! :D[/edit]

Oldbone|Ramble

One of Freddy's beloved
Tareregion said:
Ya, was part of the Eclipse (ish) group last night, had quite some fun killing silly 2fg mids, but got killed by the savages every time when we meet BO / Mael etc
but but.. dont forgett I was the only druid in that group most of the evning :E

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Saggy?

Comparing a game to real life?

I'm not saying it has to be zerg on zerg all the time... just saying "STOP MOANING AND WHINING" everytime you lose in rvr. If more then 1fg u call it zerg... its not, just a Realm out fighting same as it would be with 1fg. Thus RvR . Cant beat the REALM out fighting... get your realm to back you up.

If you want 1fg vs 1fg ... then GOA should make 100000 servers with room for 24 players on each... granting each server 1 fg pr realm. But that wouldnt be cool. :flame:

ROFLMAO .... *GG* *SF* *SS* :fluffle: :drink: :wij: <sigh... sooo tired>

Ormorof

FH is my second home
emain has pretty big alb zerg tonight, and pretty big mid anti-zerg (mids never zerg, if they zerg without an alb zergs presence its in anticipation of predictable albs ;) )

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
Hey mids, relics are ain't kept in apk, get lost from amg, we wanna pass :pp (2 mins ago, not for yesterday's happenings)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Arus Canus said:
Saggy? Comparing a game to real life?
Just gave an example and questioned your theory of what RvR is and why.
Arus Canus said:
I'm not saying it has to be zerg on zerg all the time... just saying "STOP MOANING AND WHINING" everytime you lose in rvr. If more then 1fg u call it zerg... its not, just a Realm out fighting same as it would be with 1fg. Thus RvR . Cant beat the REALM out fighting... get your realm to back you up.
Well, I questioned this:
Arus Canus said:
I like big fights... ie Realm versus Realm. ( how the game is supposed to be played )
In other way around you are saying that small fights aka 1fg vs 1fg isn't RvR and 1fg vs 1fg isn't the way the game is supposed to be played, no ? All this because of the name Realm versus Realm? Why 3x separate 1fg of each realm in Emain, 3x separate 1fg of each realm in Odins and 3x separate 1fg of each realm in HW isn't RvR?
Arus Canus said:
If you want 1fg vs 1fg ... then GOA should make 100000 servers with room for 24 players on each... granting each server 1 fg pr realm. But that wouldnt be cool.
1fg RvR has worked just fine so far. And yes, whining about zergs is silly.

The thing is that some people actually play for fun and they also want the players in other realms to have fun. It's not that rare these "RP whores" or "l33t kiddies" /wave when they see a fight going with 1fgs staying back without taking a part in fight. In the end the only thing you can do to have fair fights is to fight with the same size of forces. If I get spanked by equal size of force I wont call backup, I look for an revenge - Kinda dislike the idea of punishing the enemy just because they played better than us.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Saggy said:
Just gave an example and questioned your theory of what RvR is and why.

Well, I questioned this:

In other way around you are saying that small fights aka 1fg vs 1fg isn't RvR and 1fg vs 1fg isn't the way the game is supposed to be played, no ? All this because of the name Realm versus Realm? Why 3x separate 1fg of each realm in Emain, 3x separate 1fg of each realm in Odins and 3x separate 1fg of each realm in HW isn't RvR?

1fg RvR has worked just fine so far. And yes, whining about zergs is silly.

The thing is that some people actually play for fun and they also want the players in other realms to have fun. It's not that rare these "RP whores" or "l33t kiddies" /wave when they see a fight going with 1fgs staying back without taking a part in fight. In the end the only thing you can do to have fair fights is to fight with the same size of forces. If I get spanked by equal size of force I wont call backup, I look for an revenge - Kinda dislike the idea of punishing the enemy just because they played better than us.
What is all this leet kiddies stuff ? dont get it ... 2 of most serious guilds rvr wise in midgard maelstrom ... which im gm and im 27 .. no one in guild is under 18 im aware of and everlast ... gm zapsi is 30 ish years old :) Just because u wanna do somthing properly and do it to your best dont make u a leet kiddie scripter ... playing casual fine .. but zerging around for 2 years is abit aolish imo ....

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
snoz said:
What is all this leet kiddies stuff ?
I tried to be sarcastic there - "leet kiddies" are the ones who politely /wave and "RP whores" are the ones who stayd away from fight even if they had chance to add for RPs :p And my point was...
snoz said:
Just because u wanna do somthing properly and do it to your best dont make u a leet kiddie scripter
...exactly this ;)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
what wrong with beeing a leet kiddie scripter tbh? They can play just as good as any of us rly...

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
edit: hahahahaha at Steveh running 1fg. well if 1fg = 20 persons, that's right. Steveh is the Prydwen version of Outlaw :D

Try to think of it another way, maybe the other 12 ppl are joining to Steveh, and not he gathering it? Try to tell ppl to don't come closer then 200m to your grp.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
What is all this leet kiddies stuff ? dont get it ... 2 of most serious guilds rvr wise in midgard maelstrom ... which im gm and im 27 .. no one in guild is under 18 im aware of and everlast ... gm zapsi is 30 ish years old :) Just because u wanna do somthing properly and do it to your best dont make u a leet kiddie scripter ... playing casual fine .. but zerging around for 2 years is abit aolish imo ....

Maybe... you should... use more... pauses in your... sentences!

snoz

Loyal Freddie
CstasY said:
Maybe... you should... use more... pauses in your... sentences!
Kiddie Scripting innit :) please dont start on grammer, that is rather geeky ... this is a frigging forum.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
Kiddie Scripting innit :) please dont start on grammer, that is rather geeky ... this is a frigging forum.

yeawhydontstartongrammahespeciallyinFFSwhatisthiszergagainthreads!

Eroa

Banned
Is Chimaira going for the Justin award of the month or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom