Misc Email

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So I decided to take a look at email archiving. I have quite a few Outlook PST/OST files from my time on the internet. Still have all my BarrysWorld emails from around 1999!!

Anyway, have been importing them into an archiving solution (it is still ongoing) and I am currently around 150,000 emails and counting. Anyone kept all their emails ever sent or received across all your email accounts?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I did for a while when I moved from outlook, eventually I deleted them all as most of them were irrelevant.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, I tend to keep a lot of emails. Nearly everything going back nearly 20 years. I used to use psts, but these days I back them up onto my NAS as emls. Some of the older ones are kept as emls in folders. Useless for browsing but you can still index search them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes, I tend to keep a lot of emails. Nearly everything going back nearly 20 years. I used to use psts, but these days I back them up onto my NAS as emls. Some of the older ones are kept as emls in folders. Useless for browsing but you can still index search them.
It finished importing them overnight and the total is around 240,000 emails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom