Email to Raven

Z

Zey

Well as i am concerned about jk2 and how it will continue i wrote an email to James Monroe (head programmer for jk2 at Raven)
here is a copy of the email:

HI James Monroe,

As i am a huge fan of Jk2 I am interested to know an estimate of when a new patch will be released for jk2. After a disscusion with a group of admins, we are undecided if we should suspend any league creations by barrysworld until a new patch is released (this is due to may peoples opinions of the new patch, sorry). We are tired of people constantly using backstab to kill etc and i'm sure you've heard a lot of this before.

Would it be possible for yourself to disclose any information regarding a new patch (date, what it might include) so we can go ahead in planning leagues for Barrysworld.

If you are interested in beta testers for jk2 patches, or idealists (got loads of ideas for jk2) I'd like to volunteer myself in your service.

If you would not mind replying, you can email myself on zey@barrysworld.com

Best Regards

James Williams aka Zey

Unfortunately, there are no official plans for another patch. (though, with the release of the SDK, we'll include comments where we feel some fixes should be made.)

FYI, the backstab exploit exists in 1.02 as well; it was not introduced in 1.03. It's just one that hasn't been fixed like the other exploits so it gets more attention now.

-James

-------------------------- MY REPLY

So Raven will not be releasing another patch for the near future? or ever? If Raven are not going to release any new patches in the near future, would it be possible for yourself to send me detailed notes on what files control what in the game. I've figured out a number of different aspects of the game, but i have still not found the files that control the sabres or forces. I have started to form a team to start creating a new patch if Raven do not decide to take part in any patch.

Any detailed information that you can provide about "the workings" of the game, it would be greatly appreciated. If a third party patch is created, will there be a chance to approve it by Raven so that it can become an official patch?

As for the backstab, i know it was in version 1.02 because i was the only one using it then :) As for the yellow stance backslash, that could be blocked in 1.02 from what i could see.

Thank you for providing information on this matter and i hope that you will still be taking part in the community of Jedi Knight 2.

Thanks for your time

James aka Zey

Just awaiting a reply from Mr J. Monroe to see where jk2 goes from here.

F

FragFodder

OMFG

We're in deep shit if they've got no intention of sorting the backstab floor out.

*Idea* Could BW go back to running a few servers on the original version? Lesser of 2 evils and all that!

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom