Email to mythic

F

- Fedaykin -

After contacting the European company GOA, which hosts and runs the European servers countless times and still receiving no reply or even mention on their farce of a website which is http://camelot-europe.com I’ve decided to voice my opinion with yourselves.

I think that you should place a warning for new “would-be” players on your website that IF they want to experience and quote from your store:

“Massively multiplayer online role-playing game incorporating Arthurian legends, Norse myths, and Celtic lore.
* Team-based player-vs.-player combat with territorial acquisition and siege warfare.
* Exciting combat with advanced combat styles, animations, and effects.
* Intelligent monster AI requires player strategy and tactics.
* Integrated, advanced player crafting system puts players squarely into the game's economy”

They should not even think about buying the European version of the game, or wait until a respectable company such as Blizzard releases their forthcoming World of Warcraft game.

I have played Dark Age of Camelot since release and decided to play in Europe so I could play with people in my timezone (GMT.) What do I receive for this great accolade…

Out of date patches, leaving us with the screw ups your “balancing” team decided to implement, lag ghosts (and general lag) screaming across the Emain bowl, server rollbacks meaning hundreds of players who join a Caer Sidi raid spending hours of their time will lose all their items.

I mean FFS on Excalibur we all speak English, why can’t we receive the same patch as the American players, it just doesn’t make sense. (I mean they even leave in your spelling mistakes spelling Honour with no “u” and Labour with no “u.” If they are going to convert the game for us at least convert it for U.K. English.)

BUT ITS ALL OKAY because we will get a free days play time *GASP* .. Seriously that gives us such little compensation for such a great time loss.

Last night the server crashed during my realms Relic Attempt upon Midgard, all this time gone to waste months of planning >> (lol ok maybe not but sounded better) << gone in the blink of an eye. Do you seriously expect players to continue to pay for this. If I could go back in time I would have without-doubt purchased the American version of this game, because it seems their money and loyalty to yourselves as company is obviously worth so much more than the continued support of those who play upon the English Excalibur server.

Is there anyway we could have a character transfer from the European database to a designated server which yourselves host because I would gladly do this and it is one of the only ways which I can see myself paying to continue playing this game.

Regards
A very agitated British subscriber

Feel free to mail it on to mythic :D i already did :D

S

svartmetall

Hardcopy will make much more of an impression than email. And don't say things like 'FFS' in formal letters of complaint...

I have reached the end of my tolerance of GOA's endless incompetence and rudeness to their customers (no customer support, crappy servers, no news, no notification or updates during fuck-ups like this) and am concocting a letter to be printed and sent to them as hardcopy. When I get it finished, I will post it here as a template for people to use if they want to.

T

Tyka

Very nice letter, I'd really like to know what kind of answer you get from them.

F

firebirth

Totally Agree with you Fedya ( ithink i wasin the same group as you last night just before the servers buggered up (Hurricane lvl 40 Cleric) im too fed up with the service provided by GOA, Although you cant really agrue on the patch element as GOA must wiat for Mythic to send them the files to be translated, howwever i do believe that it should be possible to be patched to the american patch.

I saw sometime ago a petition for GOA to be removed from servicing the EU servers but i cant remember the URL. Maybe we should Set up our own petition here and have those who beleive that GOA should be removed to sign it and then send it to mythic

R

rure_

Fedaykin, what e-mail adress did you send to?

C

Cala-more

the free day thing is a total insult, especially the time when they did a reroll.

to make up for slow patching we get :

"goa quests"!!!!!!!!

mobs in cotsworld in fancy cages!!!!!!!!!!

ppl who will tell u a nice story!!!!

^^^^^^ wow

Stop this

^^^

and I propose
1 do server correctly, u said u upgraded them :) (oops they forgot)
2 chronicles have not worked right since Si (wtf) and I dont count the recent fixx cos its busted already
3 get the subs pages working
4 patches
5 fixx bugs. (give me a glowy ebop u bastards)

S

svartmetall

Email means very little, hard copy air-mailed to Mythic is what they will have to take notice of.

I worked for 9 years at a radio station, and I know from personal experience that email or phone complaints had nowhere NEAR as much weight as a letter sent in to us.

A printed letter is a lot more formal and demands a much greater level of response from the company receiving it. Hence, me typing feverishly away at a letter to Mythic HQ even now.

And keep it as civil as you can - it's no good going 'FFS!' in a letter to Mythic, you have to win them over to your side with reason rather than alienate them with swearing (even if you're not swearing at them, it's the way it comes across in a letter. Civilised complaints will work far better than any form of rant).

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by svartmetall
Dude, I understand EXACTLY how annoyed you are - I'm fucking seething myself - but, think for a second...spamming Mythic? Your email inbox is probably as filled with spam as mine...how kindly-disposed do you feel to those who spam YOU?

i have my real e-mail address and a shitty hotmail address my real email address receives all e-mail i need from banks, subs etc my other e-mail receives loads of bollocks when i need to sign up to a website - i very rarely even look at it

me 1 - 0 spam

E

elewyth

i have to say that sometime ago i wrote a letter to Mythic at their press office and i got a phone call AND letter back from them, although they didnt apologise for GOA, they said that they were aware of the situation with GOa, and were in discussions about improvement of the level of service, you have to remember that Mythic DONT HAVE to let GOA run its european service, and i can assure you there are a LOT of other companies that are waiting to put in a tender i can assure you.. id love to see another company have a crack at it, sheesh even i can run a server..just need a few lackeys to answer emails and phone for me!!

S

Stormm

... not to mention the XML stats and guild listings not working for .. er .. how long now over a year? (apart from the 3-4 weeks spell a few months back)

poor, and as usual still not a damn thing on the website.

O

old.Wildfire

Giv link to website where I can import a US copy of daoc/si/toa plz? Been considering getting an acct on the US servers for a while, now seems like a good time to get started.

F

Feac_

dvd box office is good free world wide shipping mine arrived in under 10 days prices are in canadian dollars toa cost me £19.76

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com

edit : daoc gold £25 & toa £20 ( approx) with free shipping

Users who are viewing this thread