Rant Email from GOA - 8 Days for free!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wow GOA, 8 whole days free of charge play to entice players back to Dyvet. Considering most played it for several years ,1 months play might have swung a try but 8 days, forget it! That will barely be enough time to get any char ready for RvR.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just goes to show what they are made of :)

One month may have made a difference. 8 days shows they don't give a shit and are willing to do anything to fool people into thinking they do.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It ain't a smart move with AoC so freshly released, it turns to be moronic giving only 8 days.
But well, what you can expect from Goa? They never been that clever in the marketing and crm department.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Be nice! They lured me to DL the game again.. but at this rate it will prolly take 8 days for me to finish downloading it :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Heh what a waste of itme, there about 25 people on the whole Dyvet cluster :p

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I didn't get such a mail...? :confused: Even if it was just 8 days, I would just go and login and cry thinking about old memories :p

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
All i know is that they got a wonderful game , and they wasting it , because they are immature in marketing things

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Friend reactivated, spent ages downloading and patching, logged on and there was no-one in rvr except one lonely BD.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
All i know is that they got a wonderful game , and they wasting it , because they are immature in marketing things

Not sure I agree, 'immature' suggest they have some small amount of knowledge of the subject which, is clearly not not the case! :D

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
8 days for free.. and still you complain.
It's hard to please some people!

I left the game a long time ago, but logged in to have a last look around.
I half expected to see loads on tbh, but oh well...

Sad this game died, had a lot of good times here.

Never did say goodbye...BB all :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'll be having a run around for my 8 free days for nostalgia purposes :)

Look out for me, I'm the dead guy laying in emain still trying to survive on self buffs :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Be nice! They lured me to DL the game again.. but at this rate it will prolly take 8 days for me to finish downloading it :(

Hehehehe.

They didnt send me an email... prolly cause i renewed during Easter for the memories... but even if ... the game died for the english servers... our servers...

Thx GOA...for making it EVEN easier to choose !

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
I logged in and checked it out to see the new graphics and stuff. It really has become a lot better and intuitive early game.

Anyone who really wants to go back though shouldn't use their hardly earned euros on european servers that are near empty. Go play in the US, i hear there are a lot of EU players who have moved there.

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
Come on mun =)

Look guys lets be fair GOA are a complete bag of shit when it comes to marketing and pleasing the needs of the true DAoC players....BUT they have given 8 days free! this could be a chance to actually raise the population for a week (not hugely thats understandable) Population on a Friday/Saturday around 8-9.00 GMT is roughly 70-90 people shorely you can bite your tounge and get on and try and make the most of it? After all you can still get some nice RvR :D Infact to tell the truth would be awsome to have some of the people who have left not so recently back!

Theres no harm in using up your 8 free days...?

karl:drink:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Look guys lets be fair GOA are a complete bag of shit when it comes to marketing and pleasing the needs of the true DAoC players....BUT they have given 8 days free! this could be a chance to actually raise the population for a week (not hugely thats understandable) Population on a Friday/Saturday around 8-9.00 GMT is roughly 70-90 people shorely you can bite your tounge and get on and try and make the most of it? After all you can still get some nice RvR :D Infact to tell the truth would be awsome to have some of the people who have left not so recently back!

Theres no harm in using up your 8 free days...?

karl:drink:

So you want us all to log in our old chars, most of which will not be to the current templates (dragon stuff) so you can have some fun?

As the post above says, better to roll US.

bufferer

Fledgling Freddie
So you want us all to log in our old chars, most of which will not be to the current templates (dragon stuff) so you can have some fun?

well it aint jst all about the template is it ? i dont have dragon temptes and i can still win as most can its not all about gear :D

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie

Firstly i wouldnt want anyone todo something that they felt was wrong! All i am saying in the simplest way possible is why not use the 8 days as no one has anything to loose! ;) sure templates may be out dated...who cares!!! No one even bothers these days with templates, just basic artifacts and quest items will do you.
Seriously just log on and make the numbers up guys :) 8 days... Its nothing

karl

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
At least the players left are as nice as I remember. Logged in today again and got a lot of help from a guy named Morry(Twechar) on Prydwen Alb. Nothing wrong with using up your 8 days, but tbh, I don't see how any english speaking players would want to pay for playing on Exc/Pry nowadays.

Karlos, it would be a dreamsituation to get a lot of the old players back and get some real RvR going, but seriously, that's not going to happen.

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
I couldnt agree more Gorguss! Glad to see that atleast some people can get online without complaining and use theyre 8 days :)
All the best to thouse who do!! if you need any help ingame on mid throw me a pm..all my chars have skilth...... :)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
it would be a dreamsituation to get a lot of the old players back and get some real RvR going, but seriously, that's not going to happen.

if goa gave 30 free days instead of 8, that dreamsituation would be more likely to happen.
with 8 free days i would prolly log on once, only to see the new keeps and check if my houses are still up.

Smossy

Fledgling Freddie
Just found my password again for freddy's.

Indeed, 30 days would be smarter since not everyone is going to see or react to the post immediately after they see it...

But I think you have to give them credit, where it's due. though DAoC was my first MMO ever, none I've played since has ever beaten that experience. Sure, I don't know what exactly it's like now, I wasn't too big a fan of ToA, and Catacombs was the last expansion I actually bought. But I think one might say by implementation of the classic servers, they got my respect for listening to players... It really is a shame, there hardly is anything left on the european servers. I wish they made a DAoC2 start all the way from the beginning with revamped graphics. leave in a few updates like frontiers, keep the balancing, made through the years, but let people start all over, without "ez-mode"
Who'd be interested?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I didn't get any 8 days offer... Otherwise I would have logged in for sure

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
Just found my password again for freddy's.

Indeed, 30 days would be smarter since not everyone is going to see or react to the post immediately after they see it...

But I think you have to give them credit, where it's due. though DAoC was my first MMO ever, none I've played since has ever beaten that experience. Sure, I don't know what exactly it's like now, I wasn't too big a fan of ToA, and Catacombs was the last expansion I actually bought. But I think one might say by implementation of the classic servers, they got my respect for listening to players... It really is a shame, there hardly is anything left on the european servers. I wish they made a DAoC2 start all the way from the beginning with revamped graphics. leave in a few updates like frontiers, keep the balancing, made through the years, but let people start all over, without "ez-mode"
Who'd be interested?

I would certainly be interested and i am sure many other would!!

Pren

Fledgling Freddie
Why dont they make the English servers free & set a player limit of say 200 to start with, then after thats reached they kick free players to allow paid accounts online this could be reviewed & adjusted. Its not as if they have much to lose is it ?
My Kids play some simple games online that use this system, they keep badgering me to upgrade there accounts because they cant get online at peak times. I fob em off to some other free game cause im a tight bastard but if it was me & i was enjoying myself i might pay !!!:D

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
My Kids play some simple games online that use this system, they keep badgering me to upgrade there accounts because they cant get online at peak times. I fob em off to some other free game cause im a tight bastard but if it was me & i was enjoying myself i might pay !!!

lol, that's hilarious! ;) Anarchy-Online has a little different "solution" to the declining recruitment to AO. They have made the "classic game" free for subscription. So that users can play standard AO for free, but once they really want to take advantage of the expansion packs, they have to subscribe. Also then there is different payment for how many expansions you'd want. Also they have implemented some advertising ingame for the free accounts. This probably wouldn't work for DAoC though, but as someone said here, they don't have a lot to lose. Maby they are just waiting to pull the plug?

Played some on the US servers, they have done a real good job in the tutorial section now, so you can really learn how the game works instead of guessing your way through the game like we all did ;) There is a 14 days trial available in the US, and there is no telling when GOA is getting the servers to v1.93?

Anyway, I'm off to AoC.

Corran

Part of the furniture
activated my 8 days last night... and was playing till 4am... nostalgic and a laugh when you not really being zerged....

mind you found out i hate stun nukes... and there are still buffbots :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
All i am saying in the simplest way possible is why not use the 8 days as no one has anything to loose! ;) karl

Agree with the overall sentiment - no need for dragon templates or any of that shizzle, but the one thing you have to lose is the thing that is most precious - time.

8 days is just pissing in the wind. Not like it costs them anything to give away 3 months - they still got to run the servers. GoA as shortsighted as ever.

Maybe Roaken will be on, he must be laughing at just 8 day give away as well.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe Roaken will be on, he must be laughing at just 8 day give away as well.

Roaken finished Crom since end of May he no more cease to exist at GOA hee hee.

So English community manager you not going to find one.

Soulja

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Roaken finished Crom since end of May he no more cease to exist at GOA hee hee.

So English community manager you not going to find one.

Soulja

O dear, well that says it all really. Has anyone tried right now recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom