EM2 vs TD on Tuesday

O

old.Poker

Jade, for your information nothing has been ignored by the UKTL admins. Furthermore, I would be interested to hear how you have decided that Stamper is a cheat in terms of the UKTL rules and in what way you would act if you were an admin (indeed, in what way you suggest the ETL should/would act differently given the same circumstance.)

You also suggest bias in favour of one tribe over another, what has coloured your opinion so and do you have any evidence/examples?

[This message has been edited by Poker (edited 06 July 1999).]

O

old.zach

TD did not know about EM’s apprach for Stamper!!!!

I’ve said it before but it’s a point some people have missed.

Parsley printed a list of EM/EM2 players on the 04/07/99 on TribesNation and there was no [EM]Stamper listed. Fusion mentioned to Stamper on the 3rd that we would be asking him to join soon. So I was a bit surprised (understatement) when I found out he had trailed for EM.

I joined TD’s irc channel on barrysworld just after 7pm yesterday and Stamper was already on it chatting to some of the other TD’s. He was not wearing an EM badge and said yes when we asked him to join, odd behavior for someone who joined another tribe the day before.

There must have been some sort of communication breakdown between Stamper and EM at allow this to happen, and EM have every right to be pissed off.

There was no underhanded dealing by TD as soon as Stamper agreed to join we updated the TribesNation web site to inform all (that’s what its for), and a bloody good thing we did too. Next time a tribes adds/trials a new member they should inform TribesNation to stop this from happening again.

The timing of the incident, a day before the match could not have been worse.

The reason that TD asked Stamper yesterday is because a couple of our best defenders (we don’t have many) cant make the match tonight so we needed Stamper to fill the hole in our defense. To be honest we should have asked him to join a couple of weeks ago when the WPTL finished.

There was no top-secret conspiracy to use Stamper to steal EM’s tactics, I think claims like this are pure make-believe.

I don’t know EM’s tactics for tomorrow, and to be honest I don’t care.

It’s a shame that a private matter between TD & EM that could have been sorted out by the Tribe leaders, had to be posted on barrysworld so it can turn into a public argument.

Anyway I have better things I to do than participate in this pointless argument.

- Zach

O

old.Shinji

I have nothing but your word for all that, Zach, but I'm prepared to take that since I have a fair bit of respect for you personally and thus am inclined to believe you. It doesn't dissuade me from thinking that there are elements within TD who would pull a stunt like this at the drop of a hat. But I'm going to take your word on this particular incident. I see no reason for this to go further and cause more bad feeling between the tribes.

Concerning the reason why this became public rather than being sorted between the tribe leaders - since when an attempt at moderation was made in #Stamper yesterday evening, the conversation degenerated into anti-Irish insults, there seemed to be little point in proceeding. Believe me, I would have much preferred a private settlement between the Tribes, and I would still like to see TD do the honourable thing by NOT playing Stamper tonight, but if not I will not be causing trouble over it. I leave it to TDs own consciences.

[EM2]Shinji

O

old.Jade

Well poker, you keep saying that the stamper problem isn't a "UKTL matter". Like wake up or something. 2 teams due to play in the UKTL, stamper trains with EM before jumping off to TD with all of EM's tatics, forum passwords etc. C'mon now wake up.

As for the way i would have handled this... like what suds said in another post, each team declairs thier team 5 days in advance etc.

Bascially, the way I see it the UKTL was not laid out and planned fully, if this obvious sign of cheating go's uneffected by your rules. UKTL is a mess, next week someon else will do something that is not listed in the rules, therefore the UKTL admins feel they can ignore it. Its really not acceptable.

After this, I'm gald i'm not involved with the UKTL, and even if the ETL admins do a half good job, and work out a good and fair set of rules and regulations, they would put you UKTL admins to shame.

O

old.Brit

Two quick points :

Fusion; racist comments, on a public forum, are totally and utterly inappropriate. Whether you felt you were being provoked or not is irrelevant in this instance; the instant anyone insults someone else on the basis of their nationality - the line is crossed. We had this before - in the general thread, when one of the [GA] guys called all German players 'wankers'. I made a fuss about it then, and I'm going to draw your attention to it now.

Secondly, I need a few people to look over the ETL rules. They run to somewhere in thr region of 4 A4 pages (and will eventually get translated) and have taken me a long time to work out. The ETL registration will begin 7 days from the launch of TP.

Right, someone lock this thread. It bores me
smile.gif

--Brit--

O

old.zach

The UKTL is the best tribes league anywhere in the world, if you have played in it you would know that.

This incident is a private matter between EM and TD it doesn’t concern the UKTL, you Jade or anyone else.

- Zach

O

old.Stamper2

I agree, it is time to close this thread, I have told the truth, and at the moment it's turning into petty bickering.

My final words......

You say you don't want me to play the match tonight.... well what would that achieve? If you don't take my word, that I have not told TD your 'tactics' then surely I would have told them beforehand, and not during a match.

There was absolutely no conspiracy about TD getting me into EM2 and so forth. TD knew nothing about my involvments with EM, and EM knew nothing about TD, but again, you will have to take my word for it.

I have not deliberately caused this trouble, I was waiting for vaggabond to tell him, but thus him not being in the irc room, I went and had a game and when I came back I sure in a lot of trouble.

I feel all that needs to be said has been said, and this thread should be closed. If you have any more matters you can usually find me on #wireplay or my icq number is in my info section.

Admins please close this thread

O

old.Shelob

Is this the same stamper that tryed to hold our IRC channel to ransom, preventing us from setting the topic to a reminder about a friendly and making us wary of discussing tactics?
Neway heres an amusing log for y'all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
*** Now talking in #br
*** Topic is 'I am holding this chanel for a ransom of £10000000000000000. I accept cash, cheques and all major credit cards
smile.gif
'
*** Set by Stamp|Breakfast on Sun Jul 04 12:45:25
&lt;Stamper&gt; well you wont be getting your chanel back for another day yet :p
&lt;Stamper&gt; Q not comming back till tommorow now, but he is upgraded
&lt;Wizzo&gt; LOL
&lt;Wizzo&gt; coliomundo
smile.gif

&lt;Shrapnel&gt; power mad fool
&lt;Shrapnel&gt; you must have seen james bond films, your fate is inevitable
&lt;Stamper&gt; my world domination plan has started
&lt;Stamper&gt; 2 possibilities
*** Q (TheQBot@CServe.quakenet.eu.org) has joined #br
*** CServe.quakenet.eu.org sets mode: +o Q
&lt;Stamper&gt; suceed
&lt;Stamper&gt; nooooooooooo
-&gt; *q* auth
&lt;Wizzo&gt; ahem
smile.gif

&lt;Stamper&gt; errrr
&lt;Shrapnel&gt; rotfl
&lt;Shrapnel&gt; you were saying?
* Stamper sulks
*** Q sets mode: +o Shrapnel
-Q- AUTH'd successfully.
*** Q sets mode: +o Wizzo
*** Shrapnel sets mode: +b *!*@host5-171-236-42.btinternet.com
&lt;Wizzo&gt; muahahaah
&lt;cuba&gt; lo
*** Stamper was kicked by Shrapnel (terrorists suck)
*** Wizzo changes topic to 'Game tonight 9pm against TD'
*** Shrapnel sets mode: +o cuba
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O

old.Stamper2

twas me, but don't you have a sense of humour? or do you *really* think I thought I would get £1000000000000000000000 ?

O

old.Shelob

Don't u think it was a bit sad to camp our channel so doggedly?
I stayed up really late, and u stayed after, and when i came back the next day u'd got there b4 me, u must have not much sleep just to carry on that stupid prank. And like I said, we need to set topics to remind people of games, so I don't see why I should find it funny.

O

old.ruWank

Shelob, you have to be a very very very sad person to take offence by this.

O

old.Cuba

A LONG LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALLEXY FAR,FAR AWAY THERE WAS A GAME CALLED QUAKE.

THIS GAME WAS THE MULTI PLAYER NET GAME WHICH BEFORE OUR BELOVED TRIBES CAME ALONG WAS A FAVORITE WITH MANY A PC USER
smile.gif

THIS GAME TO HAD TEAMS KNOWN AS CLANS AND THESE CLANS STARTED OFF HAVING GREAT FUN GIBBING ONE ANOTHER, CAMPING ETC. WHEN THE FIRST POACH HAPPENED AND OOOOHHH MISSIES DID PEOPLE GET MAD, BUT IN TIME THE QUAKE WORLD LEARN'T TO WELCOME THE POACH AS IT ALWAYS GOT THE BORRING OLD BOARDS GOING
smile.gif

SO COME ON POACH SOMEMORE !!!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER:
I am smashed typing this so one $^%%^$@
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Cuba (edited 09 July 1999).]

O

old.Shelob

I wouldn't say I was offended, just unamused when I thought about the trouble he went to to degrade our enjoyment of our channel.
I did find it slightly amusing, hence my james bond references, and some banter the night before, but I still think the guys a dick. If he'd done it for just an hour then it woulda been ok. But he didn't.

[BR] Shrapnel

O

old.Stamper2

As I say *please close this thread* !

I did not go to any attempts, I probobly forgot I was actually there, as I was infact on the BTi 0800

And I notice you didn't include the bit where I returned and did appoligise

O

old.[TD]BigSwifty

Ok dokay my 2 pennerth I spose,firstly my apologies to any one in Ireland for any offence taken at our use of certain derogatory terms…..we(the English) tend to forget just how offensive these words are,partly by choice(ie denial)but also u have to bear in mind that most of the world has a grudge or 2 against us so we are somewhat numb to jibes against our own nationality(-not race as some people mistake it for). As far as accusations of cheating go I think Stampers 'deliberate act of sabotage' although completely blown out of proportion, pales next to Brits 'accidently adding an extra EM player' during a match against TD………..I'd also like to say ffs we don't 'hate' any tribes players ,I think mebbe there are a few too many sensitive souls out there dying to take umbrage at anything said anywhere-this applies not just to EM but to ALL clans including TD. And as far as 'Jade' is concerned…don't attack the organisers of the UKTL cos they do a great job and provide an awful lot of entertainment for many people(as well as organising the UKTL =P) you are exactly the type of idiot that needs muzzling -having a go at those who give up probably all their free time for others sux ass m8y.Lastly in closing, I know its really hard not to sound like a tool using only text n smileys but cant Brit try not to sound like quite such a pompous ass? I don't give a rats ass how long hes been playing anything -its irrelevent…..I was playing pac man on the bbc blah blah blah………….

O

old.Shelob

U never apologised whilst I was there.
And free or not (I noticed u werent getting dc'ed after 2hrs, but then u were on host5-171) u had set the topic on the saturday night and the sunday morning, so u didn't 'forget' you were on the channel.
I've wasted enough time on this now, unless I have to I shan't be posting again.

Shrap

O

old.Brit

"pales next to Brits 'accidently adding an extra EM player' during a match against TD……….."

And just what are you saying ? *sigh*

As for not sounding like a pompous ass, its obvious that you missed the point of my original post utterly and completely. I was making a point of the fact that I'd seen this kind of thing happen to the Quake community, and I didn't want to see it happen to Tribes. Is all.

I'll post what I like, and say what I like. If it sounds pompous, tough shit. You've said it yourself - it is virtually impossible to ensure you get what you want to say across a UBB without some people missing the point completely. You've proved that 100%.

--Brit--

And as for:

"we(the English) tend to forget just how offensive these words are,partly by choice(ie denial)"

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Not all of us are at the same level as is required to reduce ourselves to racist abuse.

[This message has been edited by Brit (edited 09 July 1999).]

O

old.[TD]BigSwifty

*sigh* oh god, brit,me ol mucker for the last time.....get yerself a fucking dictionary, get someone to show you how to use it and look up 'racism' in it ffs. By your own crude accusation you are saying that the English are a race utterly separate to the rest of humanity....apart from illegal thats also WRONG....choose your insults a bit better m8,
you greek ponce,irish boggy,french twat,german c**t,etc etc etc-no racism here unless you are making some stupid BNP type statement. Also my point was*sigh* pot calling kettle black yadayadayada-someone shut brits mouth, it bores me*yawn*

O

old.Shinji

Race and Nationality are a bit confused these days anyway.... But I think it's fair to describe abuse directed at someone because of where they live, regardless of skin colour or ethnic background, as racial abuse.

Wheeeeee..... fasten your seat belts, we are now entering Off Topic Land... :p

Ja,
Shinji

O

old.[TD]BigSwifty

for once m8 im in total agreement- im boiling in me heavy armour!uuuurgh roll on winter!!!!much better fer sitting in a room full of pcs blasting heat out!

O

old.Brit

Hehe, indeed. I have 4 servers packed into a small room at work, and by god does it feel like a Turkish Bath in there
smile.gif

--Brit--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom