EM Offical UK Tribes Champions :)

B

Brit

Many thanks to the BW lads for turning up (eventually
smile.gif
) - lol.

A good night had by all (even if the vast majority of us did have to crawl out of bed at some ungodly hour to go back to work today.. urhgh)

I think we may have set some sort of record too; winning the first map/match (Siege) in a grand total of 1 minute and 40 seconds...

Nice to see the BW team. See you at Rapture99 perhaps?

--Brit--

C

Cuba

Lol

i wouldnt go around telling everybody m8 as i know atleast 4 tribes that will past ur Irish ass'es

i would also like to point out again (posted messages on starseige tribes board)
That u did not beat any of the uk tribes !
U WERE THE ONLY UK TRIBE < INFACT THE ONLY TRIBE THERE SO IF U HAD'NT WON U WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE RIGHT ARSE'S
smile.gif

I cant wait to see u lose to us again
smile.gif

and also to hh and ds and is
smile.gif

cuba

B

Brit

Well, TPF are certainly a UK Tribe.. are they not? I mean, what qualifies a Tribe these days? I always thought it was erm, a group of people that all play Tribes on the same side within a Tribe?? or is that me being dumb?
smile.gif

In which case, TPF, BW and WP *all* count as UK Tribes, and we beat them.

Anyhow, which Tribe you in Cuba? I have *never* played you (excellent memory generally) and I've been playing on the UK 'scene' since server number one came online.

[BR] perhaps?
smile.gif
lol

--Brit--

E

Ewan

tpf are a group of people who work together, from what i recall, only a few people there play much tribes.

Most of bw play no tribes at all, the few who do are in DS(i think).

WP, hmm, i imagine they, like bw, are actually far too busy running servers to play the game.

R

Real Retard

Congratulations to EM for becoming the top Tribe in the UK by not winning a league but instead by playing a mixed set of players at a lan meet that consisted of a small minority of the UK's Tribe players. So presumably, if you and a couple of your friends jump on a server somewhere and play John Smith and his brother, you can claim to be World Champions too?

Coool!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Btw, did you play in Season 1 of UKTL?

DS-Real Retard
Darkside Ex-UK Tribes Champions obviously, title stripped without even knowing about it
frown.gif

E

[EM]vaggabond

ahhh DS, who won that leage, which started 6 months b4 the game was released, and had 5 teams or something. Worthy champions indeed. By the way in what way did dynamix and havas indorse the league and cup, mucho kudos to poker and all, but simple fact is that is the EM are the only tribe to have won a tourney, endorsed by the lads who make it
wink.gif

Listen DS, simple fact is, which 90% of ppl agree is the the 3 best tribes in the UK are HH, BR and EM.

Do you guys even play the game anymore, the fact you are all quake ninjas would be nullified at this stage because we know all the maps inside out and backwards and have server sets of tactics for each, and by the day more quake players come to tribes, so the advantage you guys had is gone.

vagga

PS:- If I remember you beat HH in that league with a dash to the tower on scarabre, buddy, thats fukeing not winning, winning in CTF is having more caps than the otherguys.

/me cannot think of any more shit stiring material

------------------
The Vaggabond of the Western World
ELECTRIC MAYHEM
WWW.PLANET-TRIBES.COM/EM

WWW.TRIBESPLAYERS.CO.UK

P

Padishar

> Listen DS, simple fact is, which 90% of ppl
> agree is the the 3 best tribes in the UK
> are HH, BR and EM.

Hmmm, best at what? Certainly not grammar, spelling or well thought out argument...
smile.gif

I make "90% of people" to be considerably over 4 billion. Must've taken you a while to collect those statistics...

Oh, hold on, I see, that was a completely unresearched, random statement that you made, my mistake...

> Do you guys even play the game anymore, the
> fact you are all quake ninjas would be
> nullified at this stage because we know all
> the maps inside out and backwards and have
> server sets of tactics for each, and by the
> day more quake players come to tribes, so
> the advantage you guys had is gone.

Well, we've never had a particularly large squad to pick teams from but several of us no longer play QW at all and besides, our advantage is not that we are/were good at QW, it is that we were all members of long established QW CTF clans that played well together as a team.

> PS:- If I remember you beat HH in that
> league with a dash to the tower on
> scarabre, buddy, thats fukeing not winning,
> winning in CTF is having more caps than the
> otherguys.

Errr, no. We played IS on Scarabrae and after pounding their very heavy defence all game long but not capping, we got organised as a team several minutes before the end of the game and made sure we held on to the tower (in the closing seconds we had three heavies standing in a triangle around the switch
smile.gif
). A similar thing happened in the HH game except they didn't manage to hold the tower at the end and hence lost. If they had won (as we were fully expecting them to) then we would've tied for 1st place in the league (which we would've accepted as a fair result).

DS.Padishar

P

parsley

I really don't give two hoots as to whether we win the next season or not. But I will try to make damned sure that we continue to play as good sports and to enjoy ourselves. Retard/Chris was quite right - we are UKTL Season 1 champions and theres no taking that away from us. If we had been at the LAN perhaps we would have won, perhaps not who cares? If you want to get into petty slagging off of us when we've never even met you then do so but please do try to learn from this experience and think before you post in future. We are playing competitive games every week and we certainly know the maps.

Publicly declaring the current champions are past it is insulting and not what I expected from such a friendly league. Obviously its about to head towards the gutter.

[This message has been edited by parsley (edited 11 June 1999).]

E

[EM]vaggabond

do the phrases

"Wind Up......."

or

"Taking the Piss...."

ring any bells with anyone here......

P

parsley

No cos they're not appropriate - taking the piss and slagging off are different things I think you'll find.

C

Cuba

ur from Eire - differnt over there they shoot u anyway
smile.gif

well i hope ur from Eire or im an ass
smile.gif

PUBLIC APOLOGY 4 ANY OFFENCE CAUSED TO OUR IRISH FRIENDS - SORRY CUBA
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Cuba (edited 14 June 1999).]

S

Shinji

You're an ass anyway.

This is petty enough already without you descending to the level of slagging off people's nationality. And, may I add, demonstrating stunning ignorance while doing so.

Oh yeah, and DS lads, I don't think any offence was meant by that (Vagga's mouth and his feet have this close relationship sometimes :p) but the fact is that HH, BR and EM would be considered the best Tribes at the moment, simply because DS are rarely seen on the servers compared to the others. Ye may have all got ninja playing on a tiny secluded LAN somewhere, but how are we supposed to know that if you don't play?

Mata ne!
Rob

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 13 June 1999).]

B

Brit

Mmm, indeed. Although the Playing Fields tourney was in fact a Two Nighter
smile.gif
-- either that, or I've been so drunk, I can't remember a month or so back.. which could prove a problem
smile.gif

However:

"and BW was the official home of Tribes until Wireplay took an interest (we dont have their corporate muscle, so I'm not suprised or bitter about it, its life)."

Yeah, well Life(TM) does funny things. Tribesplayers.co.uk is moving to BarrysWorld. Wireplay may have corporate muscle, but BW will now be directly affiliated with the *only* official Dynamix endorsed Tribes site in Europe.

So, WP - stick that up yer pipe and smoke it
smile.gif
BW will also be directly involved in the forthcoming ETL (as I hope the UKTL admins will be) - which will be the largest single league of its kind ever*.

Oh sorry WP - need a light?
smile.gif

--Brit--

*Of course, when I say 'ever' I am referring to the time that has gone by, not to future events which may well eclipse it. Einstein was a clever man, really.
wink.gif

T

TedTheDog

I played in the UKTL and the Tourney at The Playing fields and I had to play a LOT more games in the UKTL against far better opposition. The UKTL was a proper league, with properly run CTF games.
TPF was D&D games that are notorious for being won by people who know the routes and it can be a simple foot race.
CTF requires more skill, although D&D can be an excellent game when everything goes well. Sadly, its won within the first few secs by someone who has learnt the route between the objectives.
I know, I do it.

No offence to the playing fields but the "Tournament" they ran was a novelty 1 nighter with 1 organised team (EM) and a bunch of scratch teams (BW, Wireplay and TPF all entered teams. BW's team had 2 ppl in it that had never played before, just watched)
The UKTL was hard fought over many weeks with each team playing CTF matches each week against organised teams.
The TPF 1 nighter was a marketing gimmick.
I know, I was there and I was part of the marketing deal.

EM played well and won, and they deserved to win.
However, it bore no relation to a real league and I am confident that EM will notice the difference if they take part in the UKTL.
By the way, the UKTL is a BW league, and BW was the official home of Tribes until Wireplay took an interest (we dont have their corporate muscle, so I'm not suprised or bitter about it, its life).
The UKTL was and is blessed by Dynamix and Tim Gift and a few of the other Tribes programmers and recognised as the best run Tribes league.
Tim and the lads read Pokers column, and keep in touch with progress in the league and they are using numerous suggestions and ideas that have come from Pokers running of the UKTL in Tribes2.

So, anyone denegrating the UKTL is ill informed and I hope I've laid that to rest to a degree.

Ted

V

VELVET

Wheres all this anti-WirePlay feeling come from??? They're doing their bit for the Tribes community too and its rather lucky else we'd all spend even more time trying to actually find a server to play on!!!

My WPTL might not be as well run as Poker's UKTL or as big as Brit's proposed ETL but lets not start making digs over which service is the best...

I play on the WirePlay Open Play servers, the BarrysWorld servers, the IGN servers and lastnight the Force9 server - whats the difference - none!!!

Surely Tribes is more important than which gaming company has the trendiest image???

Cheers

Neal

B

Brit

Hehe - of course. There is no anti-WP feeling, just the usual friendly pull-yer-leg rivalry you get when BT and BW (oooh, similar initials.. a conspiracy?) collide.
smile.gif

I am trying to think of a way we can combine all our efforts more (and getting progressively more unstuck as the logisitics become clear) so that we can have a supra central Tribes resource for the UK. Ideas anyone?

--Brit--

Z

zach

Id just like to say that season 1 of the UKTL was brilliantly run, and what impressed me the most was how good all the teams involved were, especially considering that tribes wasn’t released in the UK till well over a month after the league finished.

Id also like to say that Velvet has worked hard to make season 1 of WPTL a success, there were a few problems that occurred but they were out of his control. Most of the tribes in the league have a lot to learn but that will change and as more tribes join, im sure season 2 of the WPTL will be an even bigger success.

- Zach

S

s@xon

Thought the Tribes community was supposed to be one big happy family?

Or is this bitchin and moaning what passes for 'friendly banter' these days?

C'mon guys, coming in late to on-line gaming I figured I'd concentrate on the newest game, less to catch up on etc, show me I was right.

S@xon

E

[EM]vaggabond

its just a bit of pre season 2 fun
smile.gif

no harm is intended

its just that none of the lads can face the fact that were the best :b

T

TedTheDog

It is pretty chummy really.
Its just that EM won something and are having a little fun goading everyone else about it.
The BW v WirePlay thing is a constant and is unlikely to change, we'll always be "pitted against each other" and its part of the fun in a way.
I've been a serious player of QW, Q2 and now Tribes in my time and personally, I find Tribes has that ol atmosphere/community spirit behind it just like the others. ALL communities have their rows and bitch fests, thats what being part of a community is all about, but Tribes is ok really.
I mean, its a DUTY to point out the opposition is crap, regardless of evidence to support your accusations
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by TedTheDog (edited 15 June 1999).]

B

Brit

This Thread has now reached the limit of normal speech endurance and requires a hefty injection of Springer-esque dialogue:

"Whoa, who a'joo callin' a beetch ho? Joo is nuttin t'me, I is tellin' joo - joo is go daawn muther, oh yeah. Joo eve'tink 'bout showing u're scragg roun'd 'ere an'i'll pop a disc in u're ass.. girlfriend..uh huh.."

Who says we're not a big happy family? eh?
smile.gif

--Brit--

E

Ewan

/me jumps up from my chair and starts punching brit in the face till the bald security bloke pulls me off him, and moves my chair 10ft away from him
smile.gif

E

[EM]vaggabond

/me (as 7 foot 4, 28 stone of pure mussle bald security guy) cannot quite hold 8 stone Ewan and he escapes and "rips Brit a new one"

B

Brit

Fortunately, I did not appear on today's show alone. I brought with my my collection of handguns and I am here today with my fellow South Alabama Trailer Trash Members, Wayne, Loreen, Dwayne, Tipsy, Peaches, and Bobcat.

Whilst I'm up here, I'd like to thank God, Jesus, Mary, and my parents for all the good things in life, my education, my shoes, my food, my clothes, my handguns...

Go Jerry Go Jerry Go Jerry...

--Brit--

E

[EM]vaggabond

also on todays show is Larleen, a 72 stone 4 foot 11 african american stripper.

and Lula, an 11 year old who is married to an 64 year old man called billy bob.

but both Larleen and Lula have a secret they want to tell us..................

JERRY, JERRY

S

Shelob

Yes, Larleen is secretly a gay male ostritch, who's been sleeping with his boyfriends best friends mother.

Jerry! etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom