Elkie New Chanter temp:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
maybe, just maybe. I'm talking about the necklace I used in my template.

You can see where the confusion is, That = past tense, This = present tense :)

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
why arent any of you capping hits i just dont understand that, its not that hard to get about 300 hits in temp aswell as heat but just abit lower power pool.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Rauno said:
why arent any of you capping hits i just dont understand that, its not that hard to get about 300 hits in temp aswell as heat but just abit lower power pool.

we all dont quiet die so much like pigs like you twist :( xD

having 200 hits is fine i would much rather have the high power pool than 100 more hits.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Rauno said:

in what way will 100 more hits do you any good?

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I wonder how much damage you'll take when a fire wiz adds in the back and decides to bolt you :d

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Urgluf said:
I wonder how much damage you'll take when a fire wiz adds in the back and decides to bolt you :d

resists are close to useless vs bolts, its mostly about AF.

You get bolted for more @ 0% heat and +50 af in templ then with 20% heat and 0 AF in templ.

gohan

FH is my second home
why has no 1 noticed that hes put AT with 5% archery bonus make me cry :<

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:

Maybe because most people realise that some SC tools dont include spell pierce so people use another TOA bonus to capture it...

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
gohan said:

meant to be the spell peirce:)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Stallion said : in what way will 100 more hits do you any good?

In the same way 10% more power pool will do.

Not bad template Elkie. Try replace all those +af items ( except croc if u dont want to ) with things that will get you more hits.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Mckennitt said:
In the same way 10% more power pool will do.

Not bad template Elkie. Try replace all those +af items ( except croc if u dont want to ) with things that will get you more hits.

100 more hits is, 1 offhand swing with a lighttank, or a shitty crit on a nuke, makes no diff with so low marginals.

10% power pool gives you as a caster higher %pp, higher return from mcl, jacinas, champstaff and mordoms mind. Plus its more likely for me atleast to be in lack of power then beeing hit or close to death.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Stallion said: 100 more hits is, 1 offhand swing with a lighttank, or a shitty crit on a nuke, makes no diff with so low marginals.

10% power pool gives you as a caster higher %pp, higher return from mcl, jacinas, champstaff and mordoms mind. Plus its more likely for me atleast to be in lack of power then beeing hit or close to death.

Better alive and strong than dead in the floor :m00:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
Better alive and strong than dead in the floor :m00:

Yes! Casters are supposed to take damage but stay alive! Thats when they serve the grp best and are most useful!

And staj you mean the other way around about bolts further up this page I assume, at least when I tested it, it felt like resists vs bolts work at like 30% of their value or something, was long ago though so might be off on that number.

Edit: Oh and Elkie, if you werent so clueless about positioning, you would drop cold too. :D

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
noaim said:
Edit: Oh and Elkie, if you werent so clueless about positioning, you would drop cold too. :D

not like theres any good sm's around anyway:/

Yah if i wanted to id go with 0 heat 0 cold 0 body but I dont want to so there you go

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
noaim said:
And staj you mean the other way around about bolts further up this page I assume, at least when I tested it, it felt like resists vs bolts work at like 30% of their value or something, was long ago though so might be off on that number.

it might be 30% if you dont push in AF charges + AF in temp and only lower yr resist.

lowering your heat and raising AF neglects bolts.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Yes! Casters are supposed to take damage but stay alive! Thats when they serve the grp best and are most useful!

from herald delve bolts only take 50% resist and 50% af in account before damage is determined, so if you calculate in the resistpiercing you can get max 8% resist to bolts from items. af is more effective ^

(26% - 10% rp) / 2 = 8%, or

26% / 2 - 10% = 3%, not sure which one is valid.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
100 more hits is, 1 offhand swing with a lighttank, or a shitty crit on a nuke, makes no diff with so low marginals.

thats how i play my druid... lack of power... even whit EP, MCL 2, Champ weapon... getting RP when i get rr9 :p

i dumped croc ring, and some less occuring resists for more powerpool and so far im loveing it...

and i like elkies temp :) quite nice

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
from herald delve bolts only take 50% resist and 50% af in account before damage is determined, so if you calculate in the resistpiercing you can get max 8% resist to bolts from items. af is more effective ^

(26% - 10% rp) / 2 = 8%, or

26% / 2 - 10% = 3%, not sure which one is valid.

Is that so. Why do you think I said that he means the other way around when he said:

Stallion said:
resists are close to useless vs bolts, its mostly about AF.

You get bolted for more @ 0% heat and +50 af in templ then with 20% heat and 0 AF in templ.

Since from my experience, 50 af > 10 heat (after pierce) vs bolts.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
noaim said:
Is that so. Why do you think I said that he means the other way around when he said:

Since from my experience, 50 af > 10 heat (after pierce) vs bolts.

your right I wrote it down wrong, should be other way around :x

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
wonder why, if you argument with not getting hit by wizzies etc. - why do you get hit by rm/sm or caba/sorc? why bother with cold/body? or hits? you apparently (claiming) need those... imo its a flawed argument (tho if you claim you dont see alot of wizzies it can be taken into consideration)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Stallion said:

but 100 hp more is hp 100 more healing each time you get healed fully. same goes for power 10% power is only a couple of spells, but with mcl you get 10% more power etc. or using a powerpot at a certain % of power you'll maybe hit 100% instead of 100% and overcap.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
but 100 hp more is hp 100 more healing each time you get healed fully. same goes for power 10% power is only a couple of spells, but with mcl you get 10% more power etc. or using a powerpot at a certain % of power you'll maybe hit 100% instead of 100% and overcap.

So you mean each time you get healed these 100 extra hp made the diff? So what if your at 100% hp and its 100 hits more. Usaly when you die, you do it to such superior damage (as a caster at the end of fights) the extra hits you have wont make a difference. 100 hits is such a small mariginal in todays daoc, was alot more pre ToA.

not sure what you mean by "% power is only a couple of spells, but with mcl you get 10% more power etc. or using a powerpot at a certain % of power you'll maybe hit 100% instead of 100% and overcap."

% powerpool on the otherhand gives u a bigger buffert to play with, that actully matters. For me atleast I can say that I dont die before the fight is already 'finished' or 'settled', thus the more power I have at my disposal the more I can do. Im even thinking about dropping such stuff as con and hits for more power. But atm im quite happy with 45% + and all the tools I have to power.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
wonder why, if you argument with not getting hit by wizzies etc. - why do you get hit by rm/sm or caba/sorc? why bother with cold/body? or hits? you apparently (claiming) need those... imo its a flawed argument (tho if you claim you dont see alot of wizzies it can be taken into consideration)

I recommend you looking at this link before giving any more toughts about resists. http://www.camelotseer.com/Gameplay/MagicResistances.aspx

If you wanna ask the same question again, please do and ill reply as good as possible.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:

Its not totally unusual to fight a grp with 4-5 body nukers, which makes it easier to lose track of one of them. As a mid, it also helps vs bainshees, which is a bonus. V rarely do you fight 4-5 chanters/eldies in 1 grp, or 4-5 wizards, usually max 1-2 cold/heat nukers in a grp, which are easy to keep track of, thus, cold and heat feels unnecessary for me as a mid nuker. I can see why hibs and albs would use cold though.

Also with wizards, 10% pierce and then the 15% debuffnuke (dunno how much of the item based resists those 15% take away) you are left with 10% out of 26% or so (depending on the debuff) which isnt worth those imbuepoints.

Lethul

FH is my second home
maybe would be nice with a few more energy resist if the valk zerg comes out with higher rr soon :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Stallion said:
I recommend you looking at this link before giving any more toughts about resists. http://www.camelotseer.com/Gameplay/MagicResistances.aspx

If you wanna ask the same question again, please do and ill reply as good as possible.
looking at example, body, its only sorc/caba lifedrain that poses a threat to a caster and cold is only rm/sm dd/lifedrain that poses a threat. If we take noaims scenario of body nukers being in pairs of 4-5, then body will be obsolete for hib because i can garentee (sp?) that at least 1 will be a body debuffer, and therefore neglecting all your body resist. (chances as hib facing cold debuffer is quite high as well, but not mandatory for mid grp)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Stallion said:
not sure what you mean by "% power is only a couple of spells, but with mcl you get 10% more power etc. or using a powerpot at a certain % of power you'll maybe hit 100% instead of 100% and overcap."
comparing power to hp was my goal :p will try and explain. you got xxx amount of power, a powerpot gives yy amount. if you have 10% more power and is exactly yy amount from hitting 100% in your max pool then having 0% more power would be wasting a certain amount of the powerpool (same for heals, xxx amount of hp getting healed to exaclty 100% in a temp with +100 hp - without +100 hp you'd lose you on some hp, but in most cases its insignificant) you could say neglecting resist and hp you make the life of your druid harder than it already is :( THINK OF THE DRUIDS!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
looking at example, body, its only sorc/caba lifedrain that poses a threat to a caster and cold is only rm/sm dd/lifedrain that poses a threat. If we take noaims scenario of body nukers being in pairs of 4-5, then body will be obsolete for hib because i can garentee (sp?) that at least 1 will be a body debuffer, and therefore neglecting all your body resist. (chances as hib facing cold debuffer is quite high as well, but not mandatory for mid grp)

Just because 1 out of 5 is a debuffer, that doesnt have to mean that you are debuffed by default if 1 of those 5 casters manage to nuke you. You realize it has to actually be the debuffnuker that is nuking you, for your logic to make any sense, right?

About powerpots (which btw dont give % based power) etc...you decide yourself when to use pots, but interrupts and another person decides when you get healed, therefor you are obviously alot more likely to get overhealed than to overuse powerpots/mcl/whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom