Elite Forces Weapons

B

bids

Although I think this game is brill, and the multiplayer works well, anyone else think the weapons in alternate fire mode are too powerful ?

Is there any way to turn them off server side ?

Bids

S

SAS

Compare the weapons to other games i.e. quake3 and you'll see they are excellently balanced.

secondary fire for some weapons are more powerful, but look at the ammo they use up. Good example of this is the compression phaser rifle. Secondary fire is an excellent weapon, but uses a lot of power.

O

old.Johnny Jackal

You'll notice the alternate attack is slower to fire as well (except for the phaser).

BTW I think the phaser is the most balanced and colourful default weapon I've seen.

G

Just on my way out to buy it so Ill post an opinion in a bit :)

G

granny

Hmmm... personally I think the entire game is crap :( The first 10 mins with the borg are good but then it turns into voyager... shite story lines, crap acting & appallingly unconvincing two-dimensional characters. And then the bugs start hitting you... I mean... just HOW crap can the AI be?? Your team mates are USELESS! In fact they're *worse* than that at times - they're a downright liability! Reminded me of Daikatonkatoy at times.

Mind you I've not tried it multiplayer, but to be honest I don't have much desire to after the crapness of the single-player :(

O

old.[DzR]Castor Troy

Have to entirely disagree there re. the AI. It's fine - a lot better than some I've seen, and about 83 zillion times better than Daikatana.

Single player I enjoyed tho it doesnt last all that long if you have any fps experience at all - multi is a laugh - arcadey but bloody good fun.

O

old.EZlife

I agree, multiplayer is a wicked laugh... It's absolute mayhem and it makes a welcome change from the ego'headz normally found on other multiplayer games...No names mentioned :)

B

bids

Granny - I have to disagree too m8. The AI seems fine to me.
Had no problems with team mates at all - they seem to follow the plot well enough ? Wot other bugs you found ?

The multiplayer is cool. As Castor said, bit arcady, but bloody manic. Not as 'dark' and 'forboding' as Q3, but the whole thing feels 'Trekky'.

My only minor gripe is that the alternate weapons fire can be a pain. You're having a good fire fight, and suddenly someone behind you wipes you out in two seconds flat. Guess I'll have to go back to camping ;)

Otherwise, excellent game - best Trekky game to date ?

O

old.ED209

i played the borg SP level which was ok,cept the borg dont really fire back at you ,they just charge you.and when it gets to vogayer you have to wait for that shite to load up to listen to a f`in briefing and stop a breach.takes way to long to load up and when all those sodding lazers are firing my frame rate gets chewed up so badly.even on the top difficult level it seemed easy.the multiplayer maps feel wooden.the game deserves to be assimilated with the rest of the star trek shite:D

O

old.ED209

also the AI is lame like granny said that BLESSMAN just stood there walking into a borg shouting "behind you behind you" so i leveled them both

Users who are viewing this thread