Elf Lands

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else hate elf lands ?

I mean everytime im ordered to go there in Destruction i just sulk and start firing off profanities like a goblin can.

Some areas are so white they hurt me eyes, its like Odins Gate.

Then it seems that there has been some contest, who can squeeze the mobs into as small an areas as possible, yes and lets make them all arher mobs.

So archer mobs, i kill one and he flees near another group of mobs, so to get the loot i gotta engage two new elves, they runa way and die near other groups so to get their loot i have to fight more group and so on and so on.
Im a Shaman takes me 20-30 secs to take down mob my level its just no fun.

Then there is these great locations, Find a chest inside Labyrint, i run away labyrint finally get to middle and out of nowhere Champion appears and i gotta flee all the way out of labyrint before i lose Aggro, this means i haver to start over, takes 10-15 minutes to get to middle again, stupid Elfs.

White Tower, yes Invisble Spellmines, cant find a way in and get booted off the mountain constantly, so i can get in to do quests and get kicked off mountain and start all over.

PQs they all seem to be kill elves, kill champ elves, kill hero elf and they all look the same, its just lazy work, no variation.

Damn stupid crappy elves and they stupid zone......

Rant Over, please carry on.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
A tip for the white tower = Try bombing into the main entrance on your mount. I got pinballed around a lot and ended halfway up the main court area.
But yeh, I kinda dislike the elf areas, Chaos areas seem a lot more finished and better designed, So I end up completing all quests there and then heading over to greenskins or elflands.

And, I gave up on the labyrinth chest quest. Took waaay too long to kill all the mobs around the labyrinth and then carefully traverse around the main court, only to not find the chest at all. Bah!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Apart from one or two buggy quests I found Avalorn/Saphery real easy going. Reminded me more of Hib. The quests and PQ's are pretty easy on the whole.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I know what ur saying about the PQ's, i had such high hopes after seeing the first DE one. Big dragon boss, thought they were all going to be cool. Pretty much all of them since then has just been as you say, different difficulties of elves.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I totally agree with OP.. with all these archer mobs, it was hard to find a good spot to macro-grind the xp...

... eh... i mean... ofcourse i grinded to 40!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's very obvious when you play them that the elf lands were added later than the other areas, they are nowhere near as polished. Even though it's the same game engine I always feel they are graphically inferior as well. Every bugged quest I have had has been in the elf lands (outside of PQs).

Sadly though this is unlike to ever be changed, though these areas clearly needed a couple more Beta phases to get to the standard of the other pairings.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I just hate that you get stuck on every tiny bit of terrain. It's frustrating :(

But yea, Empire/Chaos and Dwarves/Greenskins looks a lot more 'finished'.

E/DE looks like some 'past the deadline' afterthought.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It was the last pairing introduced and they also were near ghost lands in Beta; here's a clue :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Elf lands are dullsville. Unimaginative quests, very samey mobs to fight because they are mostly, as said above, just other elves.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
So archer mobs, i kill one and he flees near another group of mobs, so to get the loot i gotta engage two new elves, they runa way and die near other groups so to get their loot i have to fight more group and so on and so on.
Im a Shaman takes me 20-30 secs to take down mob my level its just no fun.

You do realise you can loot from a fair distance away right ? Like at least 40/50 foot.

I hate elf lands also, Avelorn and Saphery are ok but prefer the others.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer Chaos and Elf sides on my Marauder currently. Greenskin might be better for some, but I find it oddly build up with the 2 rvr areas and the chapter locations are different compared to the two others.

White Tower is easy. Yes it does piss you off when you bounce out, but the mines are charges and pop up again after a little while, so trigger them off and you're free to enter.

The maze PQ area. No clue how people find this odd or hard. It's easy to see the way in if you take a look at the minimap.

As for archer mobs. Dot them, bleed em or slow them. And yeah...the looting range is very high.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I'm sick of the elf lands, I avoid going there when I can.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
I must say that Saphery looks damn beautiful though. A blue emain :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom