Elder Title

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'm just wondering what the requirements for it are :) A guildy just got it come up today and he started in march of the year of release whereas I activated my account on the day of release but have no title :( Is it only if the CHARACTER on the account was made in the first few months?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
I'm just wondering what the requirements for it are :) A guildy just got it come up today and he started in march of the year of release whereas I activated my account on the day of release but have no title :( Is it only if the CHARACTER on the account was made in the first few months?

Been wondering the same thing myself, i played the beta and thought i subbed on day 1 of release, trouble was that was so long ago i can't remember for sure. Either way, no title.

I hope its not character based as my first few characters got deleted many times before i settled on my Ranger.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
there are peeps on Glas with it so i dont think so (did u guys ever take a break from paying subs perhaps) maybe its based on the number of months paid :eek7:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I don't have my subscription on auto-renewal so I guess I take a very small few hour break every month or 3 months, depending on what I paid for :p

I'm not going to really say anything about it for now though other then to ask other people when they got theirs. Afterall, it could just be a case of they haven't got around to activating it on my account(s) yet.

Would love a GMs comment on the matter.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I've taken a break from subs for about a year total and got the title :D

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.79 Release Notes
Epic Revisions

===================================

Epic Armour Improvements

We have updated and improved the epic quests and armours for the game. For complete details, please see the CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES section below.

New Title Reward

As a reward to players who have been subscribed to Dark Age of Camelot since the first month of service, we have added the new veteran title of "Elder". This title is available to any character on any account that was opened on or before the first March, 2002. If your account is one of those flagged as a veteran account, you will see the new title when using the /title command from any character, new or old, on that account.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
I got the title on my Thane, Krauz, and that character didnt get created before some 7-8 months ago when Thanes started becoming FOTM in RvR. Havent checked other chars but I assume I got the same title option on those.

I've been around since Beta.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
might be some of you didn't start till a day or two after launch?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
works for me... and just like Kirennia, my first acc isn´t autorenewing. Plus, i took a 4 month timeout in 2003.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
If Requiel is looking here anyway, i'd like to know too.. if the 'Elder' title will be updated each patch or each day/week, as i started after 3~6 months :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
might be some of you didn't start till a day or two after launch?

Ask around mate, others who didnt start for a while after release have got the title. I am sure I started either on the first day or the second because I had been in the beta as well testing it.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As the patch notes say, it's all accounts created before 1st March 2002 for English and German players, 21st Feb 2002 for French accounts and the 15th May 2005 for Italian and Spanish accounts. Regardless of this, when your account is 4 years old, it will automatically be flagged on it's anniversary.

Remember that the nationality of your account is set by the page you used to create it and not your address or the server you mainly play on. If you went through the German subs page to create your account for example, your account is considered to be a German account.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As the patch notes say, it's all accounts created before 1st March 2002 for English and German players, 21st Feb 2002 for French accounts and the 15th May 2005 for Italian and Spanish accounts. Regardless of this, when your account is 4 years old, it will automatically be flagged on it's anniversary.

Remember that the nationality of your account is set by the page you used to create it and not your address or the server you mainly play on. If you went through the German subs page to create your account for example, your account is considered to be a German account.

Is there a way for us to check when our account was created? I checked the invoice history in the subscription pages but it only went back a year.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Elder title sux game wasen't sold in stores before 3rd march in DK and thats the day I started :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dimmer said:
Elder title sux game wasen't sold in stores before 3rd march in DK and thats the day I started :/

then you'll get your elder title on the 3rd of march this year.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Are the times when account been unactive counted on this or is it only when it's been open?

allure

Banned
Boni said:
Is there a way for us to check when our account was created? I checked the invoice history in the subscription pages but it only went back a year.

on the sub pages it should have all history and invoices of all transactions, scroll down to where your free month was and check the date :p although it seems to be a bit dodgey when you use the scroll bar and the dates seem to get scrambled... so i used scroll wheel

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Downanael said:
Are the times when account been unactive counted on this or is it only when it's been open?

My account was innactive for a year... I got the elder title.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
/bow down before my elder title....(only 1 i got ....sigh)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Okay so I just got the title on my heretic. So it's definitely not down to the character or even its level, it's an account thing as Req said earlier in the thread.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Can we also have an 'Ebayed' title added for accounts no longer being paid by the original subscriber :p

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
tbh title is a bit pointless

I'd think a lot of people will only proudly display this title if they've got nothing better to be proud of on that toon than giving GOA £n's for 4 years :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
allure said:
on the sub pages it should have all history and invoices of all transactions, scroll down to where your free month was and check the date :p although it seems to be a bit dodgey when you use the scroll bar and the dates seem to get scrambled... so i used scroll wheel

As I wrote, the invoice history only goes back one year, even when I use the magic scroll bar, all dates are 2005/2006 etc.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
As I wrote, the invoice history only goes back one year, even when I use the magic scroll bar, all dates are 2005/2006 etc.

did you try as Allure suggested and use the scroll wheel on your mouse instead of the scrollbar?

When i go to check my invoice history, then i can scroll all the way back to my free month, which was the 3. march 2002 (typical, 3 days to late), well atleast i get the elder titel on 3 march, not long to wait.

Alternatively do you have your account on 1 month subscriptions?
It might be that it can only show the latest xx invoices ect.

Ohh and Boni, update your avatar, its been a while since it was Christmas.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
did you try as Allure suggested and use the scroll wheel on your mouse instead of the scrollbar?
Ohh and Boni, update your avatar, its been a while since it was Christmas.

Thanks Feyd (and Allure), I was obviously a bit sleepy this morning and didnt take the time to really read allures post, yep that scroll bar is rubbish but the mouse wheel does work just like you two said!

Oh and yep, time for boni to take off his chrissy hat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom