PS5 Elden Ring

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Interesting, but probably won't be arsed.

Yea, I didn't either. as much as I'd love to Jailbreak one of our PS4's (we have 3 sat doing literally nowt) I just don't fancy the risk for a single game. Given how popular Bloodborne was, I have absolutely zero doubts they will remaster/remake it at some point - just like Demon Souls.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Yea, not sure what you do exactly but you need to put custom firmware on a PS4 then you can patch bloodborne for 60fps.

View: https://youtu.be/i0tqppZDYxw

So my only comparison with such is that my old Nintendo Wii was bricked due to the firmware-provider No longer updating the firmware-hack to match new Wii-firmwares. Might that happen with the Playstation as well?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So my only comparison with such is that my old Nintendo Wii was bricked due to the firmware-provider No longer updating the firmware-hack to match new Wii-firmwares. Might that happen with the Playstation as well?

No clue, not tried it yet personally :p the only console I've ever put custom firmware on is my old PSP so I can run PSX Games on it via MicroSD.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not going to be playing on Day 1. Just finished my first playthrough of DS3. Got most of the trophies but still 2 playthroughs to go. Will be a little while.

Then I need to dig out my old Elden Ring game save and probably marvel at what a shit build I had because I understood so little when I played Elden Ring as it was my fist From game :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got the plat on DS3. Nameless King on NG+2 was the only difficult bit but I managed to solo him in the end.

Dug out my Elden Ring save and successfully transferred it onto the PS5 so it's ready to go (after a serious respec :)) but I'm not doing it yet. Going to wait for patches (software version, not the NPC) to settle down.

In the meantime I'm playing the Demon's Souls remake. Going for the plat obvs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nice one - Demon's Souls remake is absolutely god tier. They did the original justice with it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nice one - Demon's Souls remake is absolutely god tier. They did the original justice with it.
Finished it. Then went into NG+ to kill more bosses for spells and got the plat.

I enjoyed it but preferred DS1 and 2 to be honest. I like to upgrade a few different weapons and the upgrade system in DeS is a pain in the arse. World and character tendencies are also a bit much to think about. Especially if you are after the platinum.

Nevertheless. I did still enjoy it.

That's plats in Elden Ring, Bloodborne, DS1, DS2, DS3 and DeS now. Think DS2 probably edges it as my favourite :)

Done my respec in Elden Ring. Had 200 levels to play with. Went for a quality build with a bit of faith for buffs. Upped the Bloodhound Fang to +10. Will take that into the DLC tonight and see how it goes :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Finished it. Then went into NG+ to kill more bosses for spells and got the plat.

I enjoyed it but preferred DS1 and 2 to be honest. I like to upgrade a few different weapons and the upgrade system in DeS is a pain in the arse. World and character tendencies are also a bit much to think about. Especially if you are after the platinum.

Nevertheless. I did still enjoy it.

That's plats in Elden Ring, Bloodborne, DS1, DS2, DS3 and DeS now. Think DS2 probably edges it as my favourite :)

Done my respec in Elden Ring. Had 200 levels to play with. Went for a quality build with a bit of faith for buffs. Upped the Bloodhound Fang to +10. Will take that into the DLC tonight and see how it goes :)
Think I went for roughly:

60 Vigor
42 End
55 Str
55 Dex
30 Faith

Also got a Haligree greatshield. Looking to try it more DS style with 1h sword and shield instead of power-stancing katanas like I did on my main game playthrough. Will 2h the BH Fang when I need more dmg. Might work...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Think I went for roughly:

60 Vigor
42 End
55 Str
55 Dex
30 Faith

Also got a Haligree greatshield. Looking to try it more DS style with 1h sword and shield instead of power-stancing katanas like I did on my main game playthrough. Will 2h the BH Fang when I need more dmg. Might work...

Heh, I went 1hand (Milady) and Seal offhand for my first dlc playthrough

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Heh, I went 1hand (Milady) and Seal offhand for my first dlc playthrough
Milady is a DLC weapon though init? How'd you manage that?

Interesting weapon. I normally use Greatswords, UGS or Spears in DS games. Might be worth a look.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Milady is a DLC weapon though init? How'd you manage that?

Interesting weapon. I normally use Greatswords, UGS or Spears in DS games. Might be worth a look.

you can find it quite early in the dlc, first 10-20 mins, its by no means a late game dlc weapon :) its really cool moveset too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
you can find it quite early in the dlc, first 10-20 mins, its by no means a late game dlc weapon :) its really cool moveset too.
Got it. Not really used it much. Been enjoying the Fire Knight Greatsword, Messmer Soldier Spear and Spear of Impaling.

Still using Sacred Relic Sword, Bolt of Gransax, Bloodhound Fang and Blasphemous Blade when the need arises.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And my triple flail against those Golems with the red butt-hole.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Beat him Friday afternoon. 8 tries.

Greatshield with high holy. Blasphemous blade. Mimic up straight away. Rot pots on both of us.

Even easier strategy I saw on Youtube today is full defence mode with fingerprint shield and poke with Mohg's spear for bleed but I couldn't be arsed respeccing to arcane :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom