Eld, mana, light?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I understand the trick with the red nearsight and the low level spells with a bit MoF and the low level PBAoE to clear pets.

But isn't nuking for 179 delve with 40% snare via energy (and lots seem to gimp it) and red con/str debuff somehow comparable to the light nuke?

Also, the highest PBAoE seems so nice for tower humping and PvE'ing?

If going 50 mana, what caster class and spec would be a good buddy in a set group?

My first level 50 char years ago was a Supp Runi on the PvP-server and I kinda liked snare-nuking and nearsighting. With own speed :O.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
If you run with chanter debuffing changes things, but otherwise manasnare nuke mostly easily outdamages the light spec nuke with crappy template resists and yell energy resists in grp instead of red cold ones. Often the only resists you're hitting is the 16% resist buff.

MaCaBr3

Banned
I have never considere a mana eldy but I would go lvl 48 (last PBAOE) and 24 light for yellow NS. I wouldn't go full line in a spec. It's like a chanter, 49 mana is better then 50, because you can put additional points into light to have less dmg variance and the yellow focus shield is still handy in pve.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
I have never considere a mana eldy but I would go lvl 48 (last PBAOE) and 24 light for yellow NS. I wouldn't go full line in a spec. It's like a chanter, 49 mana is better then 50, because you can put additional points into light to have less dmg variance and the yellow focus shield is still handy in pve.

Played many mages and tbh I would disagree. 50spec is the way togo, the difference in variance from 20 to 22 light is nothing as its all in the same bracket.

As a chanter ill concede 49s probably better for a pure rvr mage, you wont use red focus much in rvr. But still I spec my chanter 50 mana as red focus is increadibly usefull in pve.

As for a mana eld, well 50 spec buys you the top spec DD, im not sure why you would want one that does 100dmg less.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
If going 50 mana, what caster class and spec would be a good buddy in a set group?

Mana has its plus sides. Snare nuke is a usefull tool, and dont underestimate the strength of str/con debuff and aoe red dis. Played as the sole caster in a tank grp mana elds can really own :)

Personally I still prefer light as its tools like red nearsight, d/q debuffs, aoe mezz are of more use versus casters and enemy support.

So in conclusion if your set group is tank based then consider mana eld, else go light eld.

Personaly if your looking for a 50 mana spec I would roll a chanter over a mana eld, at least then you can solo and pve. If your roll a mana eld your really only usefull for tank grps or pb grps (which arent that common these days).

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
I understand the trick with the red nearsight and the low level spells with a bit MoF and the low level PBAoE to clear pets.

But isn't nuking for 179 delve with 40% snare via energy (and lots seem to gimp it) and red con/str debuff somehow comparable to the light nuke?

Also, the highest PBAoE seems so nice for tower humping and PvE'ing?

My first level 50 char years ago was a Supp Runi on the PvP-server and I kinda liked snare-nuking and nearsighting. With own speed :O.

Light spec nuke delves for 2.8

Mana snare nuke delves for 3.0

That's why people might not use it.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
Light spec nuke delves for 2.8

Mana snare nuke delves for 3.0

That's why people might not use it.
ad4 solves(helpsout with) that problem, however the ns gets abit low.
About the higher s/c you will at the sametime lose the high d/q.

Gratscensi

Banned
if you always play with the same chanter that you have good teamplay with i would go light because of the upsides with cold-debuffing.. but if you rather play a bit more solo and do your thing, mana is the best choice

Klaut

Fledgling Freddie
Im 50 mana and i think is better of the light eld, snare DD is lovely and aoe snare makes the tanks go crazy, nice also the red sickness with 400 radius in combo with the aoe str/cos debuff; and the pbaoe to clear easily pets or the zerg ^_^.
But i think that before of a 7l rank light is better because mana to be a good char needs moc3 purge 2, but it's only a my vision of the mana toon

Everz

FH is my second home
Mana - fun, non fotm, ace for soloing

Light - gratz you choose fotm

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been light for quite a while, respecced to mana a few months ago. The dmg is at least as good as light, but you gain the ranged aoe DD (superb interrupter vs caster/support), get the highest pbaoe and still have nearsight.

I dont really notice that much difference in nearsight, be it green or red its annoying enough.

The only thing that is less easy as mana is solo'ing. You cant take on the sorc + di bot as mana unless you moc pbaoe bomb or something. :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
If you play in a group that's not designed for pushing and close range combat mana isn't really the way to go.

Having a 2.8 delve cold nuke for debuffs if you have a chanter then a 3.0 energy nuke just doesn't cut it if you want to drop people from range against a decent group.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Cromcruaich said:
Be different, go mana.

My eld was always mana, and yeah that meant staying at ligen playing tic tac toe with imaginary friends for a long time after toa arrived ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom