Egypt! ever been?

M

Monkee*

Going to egypt 2mrow for a week, so staying up til 4am when i have to get a coach to gatwick airport... so just wondering whether any of u been, wot u think, etc?!?! Went when i was like 3, so as u can imagine, cant really remember much :D

O

old.Xarr

a mate of mine was there a few years back. some friendly advice:

-don't ever get on a bus down there. the bus driver will get you killed or get arrested trying (long story).

-don't drink tap water.

-don't get bitten by a camel spider.

so there you go. three simple things NOT wise doing.

F

Flesh

My brother went once, they stole his hat, through it in a minefield, then charged him to fetch it.

C

chimaira

Flesh went once. they made him eat camel poo

T

Tasans

And dont stare too long at the wares when you go at the markets. Some merchants are rather aggresive in selling their stuff.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Tasans
And dont stare too long at the wares when you go at the markets. Some merchants are rather aggresive in selling their stuff.
Damn those glazing salesmen!

O

old.ivan

Its considered "impolite" not to turn off your headlights <or whatever they are called> when you see a vehicle headed in the opposite direction, while driving an automobile in Egypt at night .

O

old.Tohtori

Haggle! You gotzta haggle! Mom went there and when she didn't haggle they didn't like :p

Also if you got a GF, bring her along, you'll get a whole bunch of camels of her :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Don't go anywhere near the merchants. They are NOT your friends. They will rip you off 70,000 ways from Sunday.

M

Monkee*

lol thanks for the advice guys, am in egypt now and conviniently there is an net connection in the hotel. Tis rather an "old" persons posh hotel, not many kids my age here. So am a bit bored atm. Damm hot though, arrived last night and it was like 35 degrees with no sun, thats just the humidity!! Tis pushing on 40 atm, which is kinda silly. But hotel is great, right next to the Nile and everything is so stupidly cheap!! :D

anyway best go, laters all... :p

C

Cyradix

Been there 3 years ago. Was a very nice trip. Cruise on the Nile for 9 days and another 8 days visiting all the famous places.

Oh, and try to talk to a merchant at least once. They are really funny. They will ask were you live and they will all have a brother/sister/cousin there.... :D

M

Monkee*

Originally posted by Cyradix
Been there 3 years ago. Was a very nice trip. Cruise on the Nile for 9 days and another 8 days visiting all the famous places.

Oh, and try to talk to a merchant at least once. They are really funny. They will ask were you live and they will all have a brother/sister/cousin there.... :D

lol i know, tell me about it. Went to the valley of the kings and then the valley of the queens yesterday. The stopped off at some alabasta shop or something. The guy was like how are you, where u come from. We say the Uk, then he goes "ahhh yes my cousin lives in London", we say "We are from Bristol", he said "my brother lives there"!!!

I almost fuking pissed myself :p anyway best be off, even though everything else is cheap in this country, the net access in the hotel aint :(

Users who are viewing this thread