Misc Effort comes to nothing?

Everz

FH is my second home
November time I spent countless hours on research, notes and such for an essay, which I submitted in December. Having recently got the marks back, I found out I barely got a pass (43%). This was an essay where for the first time in University, I'd put the hours of effort into researching the topic and making sure I did it all correct, and now.. I get rewarded with barely a pass?.

It blows the whole module open to the point that I need a minor miracle to bring the score back up. I'm well and truly gutted, really puts a downer on my effort for the rest of year because it seems whenever I actually try on an exam or essay then I end up failing it. I usually couldn't give a shit about results, but this is horrible considering that it is my final year and I put loads of work into it. Just seems like I wasted my time.

What is suggested to be the best course of action after this? A resit?

Everz

FH is my second home
Correct! More hours!

I should have quoted days hah. I had 20 pages of handwritten notes ffs. I now need to pull out two firsts on the remaining two sectors in order to get a 2:1. :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
I should have quoted days hah. I had 20 pages of handwritten notes ffs. I now need to pull out two firsts on the remaining two sectors in order to get a 2:1. :(
Speak to your tutor to understand why you failed so hard.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, in the UK I'm fairly sure if you resit or retake you can only pass.

At least, that's what happened to my friend doing her MA.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Used to be that. Will be kinda disgraceful if not.

Of course - you could grow a pair of tits, cut your cock and balls off and then go and cry in front of your tutor.

A hot friend of mine did just that and got upgraded from a D to a B :eek:

ileks

Part of the furniture
Make sure you meet with the tutor to see what went wrong. If you got such a low mark you must have missed the point some how. Maybe he gave out some instructions/hints that you missed?

Everz

FH is my second home
Make sure you meet with the tutor to see what went wrong. If you got such a low mark you must have missed the point some how. Maybe he gave out some instructions/hints that you missed?

Not sure. I thought I hit the question on the head (single accounting standards essay), as to whether it's a good/bad idea and evidence either side. I guess not. Waiting on a reply but If I've missed the point then I only have myself to blame. Resit or bust essentially.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Not sure. I thought I hit the question on the head (single accounting standards essay), as to whether it's a good/bad idea and evidence either side. I guess not. Waiting on a reply but If I've missed the point then I only have myself to blame. Resit or bust essentially.

If your lecturers are anything like mine it's best to go to their office. They are right fuckers for getting back to you when you want them to do something!

Everz

FH is my second home
If your lecturers are anything like mine it's best to go to their office. They are right fuckers for getting back to you when you want them to do something!

Haha true. To be fair, according to this uni I don't exist and finished two years ago. Fingers crossed for a misprint :p.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I hate that sort of question. Not having and accepted standard would be retarded. There, essay done.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
first...find out where you got it wrong. feedback, feedback feedback. you must have it. pester the lecturers till their ears bleed. then fix the problem and show them you aren't having it.

me, I fucking failed everything this semester. really sucked ass. I got them to coach me with what I was doing wrong, and things are going a fat shade of better. Cliché and very hard to do but DON'T LET IT GET TO YOU! Keep your head up and work it out with the lecturers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since the advice has been given already....Quit your nancy school and get a real manly job ya hippie :LOL:

Everz

FH is my second home
I hate that sort of question. Not having and accepted standard would be retarded. There, essay done.
Oh agreed, my argument was essentially along the lines of 'why this is a fucking stupid idea'.
Since the advice has been given already....Quit your nancy school and get a real manly job ya hippie :LOL:
I prefered working :p.
first...find out where you got it wrong. feedback, feedback feedback. you must have it. pester the lecturers till their ears bleed. then fix the problem and show them you aren't having it.

me, I fucking failed everything this semester. really sucked ass. I got them to coach me with what I was doing wrong, and things are going a fat shade of better. Cliché and very hard to do but DON'T LET IT GET TO YOU! Keep your head up and work it out with the lecturers.

Cheers.. let the pestering commence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom