Effect of ToA on PvE

O

old.Bubble

It seems every time Mythic add a PvE or general PvP upgrade, PvE in generald gets alot easyer.

An Example or 2

I don't know if any of u guys remember Highlords raids :D
40 of us used to kill the Highlords and there was a chance of him killing us. After that we got Uber items and diamond seals to buy good armour.
We used to kill the Barfog mobs as 2FG's and sometimes got wiped by Mordred.
Dragon is killable with 3FG's. i remember 150 people waiting to charge.

Now 1FG can kill ever mob in Darkness Falls apart from Legion, theres not even a Challenge to it, we are at no risk with only 4 level 70 mobs attacking us
An armsman and a Paladin have killed alot of Barfog in a Duo..

This has taken alot of the PvE fun out of the game, i used to love doing epics, people used to be really happy with there nice looking armour(now epic armour is a Sign of weakness)

Most of this is probley spellcrafting, before this we had to make do with whatever dropped.

What Effect is ToA going to have on us?

2 People soloing Highlords?
Apocolypse killable with 3FG's rest of sidi with 1FG?
People soloing there epics? (I'd put money on Paladins even now being able to)

Y

Yussef

Every mob in Sidi can be done by 1FG except Apoc, people probably can solo Highlords with a bot.

But ToA seems to have "epic" fights in it for now, that may be by design or US players being shit, but we'll see ;o

L

lillagullan

Originally posted by old.Bubble
2 People soloing Highlords?

me and friend (Bofgrey Paladin) take all highlords Duo, and we also killed Chamberlain (healing from bb at him) and the mods on the way there...

its not hard to kill the Highlord with Duo pally, both 50 shield and mod3 / mob5, we don't even get hurted from it, the only highlord thats a problem is the one with life drain, coz pallys uber dmg output isn't enough to bring him down before he heal himself :)

Q

Qwegji-

ToA will have big PvE fights, but will also make the older epics easier. Heard that with the healfield/powerfield MLs you can do apoc with 2 good grps.

O

[Oo]Escape

doac needs better AI.
All mobs are predictable atm, so they can be controlled by the player. The game needs some crazy mobs who don't have 'agro lists'... and don't waste their time beating on tanks.

W

wildsorcerer

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
doac needs better AI.
All mobs are predictable atm, so they can be controlled by the player. The game needs some crazy mobs who don't have 'agro lists'... and don't waste their time beating on tanks.

Colait picks on healers and resers more than tanks so he is kinda unique ....... havin said that he hasonly ever been droped twice and thats not due his spwn rate more than anything ... and also his sucky drops ... sad coz its such a great event and im sure mythic spent a lota time on it ... just didnt come throu with the drops to match the diffuilcty

and yes aprt fro colait all mobs aggro list makes the PvE game no real challenge

N

naetha

In toa the mob AI is upgraded again - many whines about full groups being wiped out by only 10 level 80 mobs ;)

Even still, many of the encounters for some of the more popular artefacts (spear of kings, harpy feather cloak etc) can be done with 1fg.

I can't wait tbh - it will revolutionise daoc, which will be fun :)

D

Darkchylde

I would love it it'll bring more PvE as I'm more of a PvEer myself, never enjoyed RvR so much... RvR is funny but I get real upset IRL if I get killed and enjoy it like a nice wank (wtf?) if I kill someone

A

araudry

i just hope it ill take years or something to get toa on europe so goa can take their time to translate...^^
i dont want to see toa yet ;p

Users who are viewing this thread