Ecstacy blocks cancers?

venus

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
Yeah venus, I believe that anything that numbs your senses or relaxs you can be good for painful and mental conditions. But the common cold is not cured by weed.

If you read my reply properly at no point did I say that cannabis cures the common cold, but what I am saying is that tris may not be wrong for saying that it relieved his symptoms. I am not condoning the use of cannabis! I was just trying to provide the other side to the argument. ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Think you'll find he was referring to tris, while using your list at the same time.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Read the first post.

Now read Brooky's posts.

Drugs are bad.

:)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ormorof said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4532569.stm

is it just me or do we seem to be getting these sort of messages every other week now? "cannabis is good" "cannabis is bad" "ecstacy is evil" "ecstacy is good" (though it does say it will kill you to block it :p )

anyone else find it silly? :p

A bit like most things - too much alcohol and it rots your liver and causes heart disease, but a little bit of alcohol can help to prevent heart disease (although i hear this is now being debated?).

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ch3t, im not trying to delude anyone. my aim was not to make people think i smoke to do other things than get high. i smoke to have the pleasurable effects that THC gives me, i cant be more clear than that.
i also never said it cured it, i said it got rid of the symptoms. like an asprin, only asprin doesnt make you happy at the same time :)
ofcourse, people smoke for pleasure and to cure pain. same as people smoke cigs, drink booze, take pain killers. etc.
please dont say im saying weed is exactly the same as an asprin either. will clear that up before anymore wasted typing

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
A bit like most things - too much alcohol and it rots your liver and causes heart disease, but a little bit of alcohol can help to prevent heart disease (although i hear this is now being debated?).
That was red wine rather than alcohol wasn't it? Fairly sure it was some other compound in the wine that was beneficial.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't we all just agree that if you don't want to use drugs, you don't have to and if you do do (yes...doodoo...grow up) drugs you'll probably kill yourself :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Right, just to get some of you lot off your high horses, I have an example in front of me of how clearly drugs do not affect your sanity. I'm sitting in a council office of about 9-10 people, all of whom are talking but none of whom are having a conversation (i.e they're all talking to themselves). I'm willing to guarantee most of them have never touched drugs in their life. I have done lots (including during my lunch hour earlier ;)) and am sitting here in silence getting on with my work (well i was until the boss left heheh).

Marc

FH is my second home
Is this a thread to declare how cool we are because we use drugs? I thought only 15 year olds and scallies did that?

Bodhi

Marc said:
Is this a thread to declare how cool we are because we use drugs? I thought only 15 year olds and scallies did that?

No, people trying to piss off the holier than thou brigade do it too. dont make me make you my next vicitim.

old.user4556

Danya said:
That was red wine rather than alcohol wasn't it? Fairly sure it was some other compound in the wine that was beneficial.

You're thinking of the antioxidant properties of red wine.

Bodhi

Embattle said:
Asprins don't make you stink either :p

Neither does skunk, that stuff smells fucking glorious.

old.user4556

I'm not a pot smoker, but i was at a mate's flat whilst he prepared some skunk.

It did indeed smell absolutely incredible.

Bodhi

That smell makes my pants moist every time I smell it. They should make skunk fragrance aie freshener. Just imagine it Clear Air: Aire du Sensi - Make your home smell like a Dutch coffee shop in 2 bursts!!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
It'd end up smelling like domestos like ever other air freshener though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've never smelt many things that I consider worse than skunk, reminds me of cow shit for some strange reason :p

Bodhi

Embattle said:
I've never smelt anything much worse than skunk, reminds me of cow shit for some strange reason :p

Strange. What you're telling me reminds me of cow shit.

Bodhi

Embattle said:
No surprise considering you smoke it all the time :D

Eh? Asphinctersayswhat? So you're saying I smoke what you tell me? That doesn't make any sense :(

Marc

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
No, people trying to piss off the holier than thou brigade do it too. dont make me make you my next vicitim.

eh?

How are you going to make me your next victim? By hurling obsceneties at me, whilst boasting about how much drugs you take. Fck me. Shittin it

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget the schoolboy insults (Asphinctersayswhat for example). I thought people grew out of those when they were 11, but I guess not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Danya said:
Don't forget the schoolboy insults (Asphinctersayswhat for example). I thought people grew out of those when they were 11, but I guess not.

People do that still when their're 11? :eek7:

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I think anyone who knows a thing or two about drug development would laugh that one away. If you are developing a drug, you need to have a good therapeutic index, ie the dose for a beneficial effect needs to be much lower than where you see detrimental side effects (not death!). Thats why developing anti cancer drugs is so difficult, many substances can kill cancer cells but to be successful in making a drug you need a therapy that has little residual effect on normal cells. Given that most cancer drugs are cytostatics (prevent cell proliferation) or cytotoxics (kill cells) you can assume that thats a tall order.

What most companies do these days is to specifically target the main mutations from which cancer arises. These mutations either promote anchorage independent growth and/or block the cells death pathways (so they survive inappropriately and generally in the wrong place).

The dangers of articles like that are that the information is not really understood and you end up having people saying that these drugs are good for you after all when thats patently not the case.

Bodhi

Danya said:

Yeah well, I guess you smell.

Anyway I'm going to go and nusser people like grown-ups do.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom