Eclipse 1st RvR video

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
It had this spanish lingo type music to it torrent or something anyone know where I can d/l it?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This thread had no useful information. You've been demoted to floor-licker. Congratulations.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
This thread had no useful information. You've been demoted to floor-licker. Congratulations.

what the hell are you even on about?

I have this video on my other comp, and ill upload it for you tomorrow or something if no one else has

Ritchie

Banned

I have this video on my other comp, and ill upload it for you tomorrow or something if no one else has

ignore him, just some idiot, would appreciate the upload, would also like this video again

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie

Thank you, I remember you from Camlann I played Huggle. :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
What? All I remember it was an OF video with leetness song,

I seem to remember the 1st movie from Eclipse with Torero in it was from their Hero Point of View (Slayn) :eek:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
yus its with torero and slayn hero pov, seem to have lost it myself tho, only have the latino vid from early toa left :[ give proper host for it

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
ok, high rr guild group slaughter PUG (ok, I half slept through this one as I found it uninspireing)... No, if you wants to see good DAoC movies, take a look at HoA's, they rock and compare with them this is, sorry to say, crap.

Nate

FH is my second home
Brings back a lot of memories, I remember a lot of the players from the movie :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Fun to see people compare this movie to Post ToA/NF movies to be quite honest.
Rvr has changed fuckloads since OF times, classwise, groupwise, playwise.
I remember back in the old days when Alb/Hib groups used to run with 1 cleric/druid, i'd love to see any setgroup manage to run with that these days.
Times change and so do groupsetups/playstyle etc etc. :)

This movie sure brings back alot of good memories and torero is the pwn aswell. :)

raid

Can't get enough of FH
think it was the first daoc vid i ever saw, damn legendary! ;)

if my memory serves right, it was made well before any "no-add system" even was introduced, so those comments are just silly...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Rhana and Ctuchik, I think in your eagerness to spread your negative views you are totally missing the point. You are comparing like 3-4 year old rvr material to present RvR movies? I mean, of course you are not going to see the same type of RvR nor the same type of FG vs FG action etc, because RvR has evolved and changed ALOT since back then. This movie goes to show how RvR used to be, and for many it was one of the first rvr movies. It also brings back fond memories of players and times in DAoC, and of course, it has the epic song Torero in it! I think those are among the reasons why people appreciate this movie. Not because the footage is so superior.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Respect what it gives you guys, so in that aspect, sorry, but for me it didnt gave anything.

Davejohnson

Banned
hoa can suck my balls, it seems that its impossible to find a guy that is good at both editing and actually playing (the editing in my own movies is shit, what does that tell you!)

and yes, the classic movies like the first bleed movies, torero, MM, DH, etc etc.. you know they rox teh box cause whenever you hear a song that is in any of them, your thoughts go instantly to the movie/daoc

Himse

FH is my second home
(the editing in my own movies is shit, what does that tell you!)

and yes, the classic movies like the first bleed movies, torero, MM, DH, etc etc.. you know they rox teh box cause whenever you hear a song that is in any of them, your thoughts go instantly to the movie/daoc

LOL :d quality

and very much agree with the 2nd part.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
I like that ppl have held onto the old stuff, I keep managing to delete my old movie files etc.

It is interesting how a whole different ethos developed as RvR 'grew up' in daoc. As ppl have pointed out, the torero footage is pre-expansions, pre-voicecomms, pre-noadd rules etc. It's also from one evening's footage and shot on fraps on a computer that really couldn't handle the extra cpu load.

All the same I think it shows something about why video's can be so appealing. They needn't be about perfectly balanced action or immaculate play. If they have something of the spirit of why we *enjoy* playing the game, and are therefore able to give nostalgia to those who can recognise that enjoyment, then I think they are doing a very good job. The later RvR vids have much appeal for the slick editing and balanced fights, but the very best are the ones you can sit down and watch and say, 'damn, i wish this game could last forever'.

WAR! /Slayn Out!

xx

eksdee

FH is my second home
thanks for the upload, was fun to watch this so many years since i even played daoc properly, let alone saw this video. so many good memories. makes me sad to see the state daoc seems to be in these days :(

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Fun to see people compare this movie to Post ToA/NF movies to be quite honest.
Rvr has changed fuckloads since OF times, classwise, groupwise, playwise.
I remember back in the old days when Alb/Hib groups used to run with 1 cleric/druid, i'd love to see any setgroup manage to run with that these days.
Times change and so do groupsetups/playstyle etc etc. :)

This movie sure brings back alot of good memories and torero is the pwn aswell. :)

OLD SOTL MOVIES FOR THE WIN m8! :D

ps: eclipse of r0x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom