Ebay to ban in game gear

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno if this goes as far as cash and chars but:

eBay has been quietly pursuing a policy of removing auctions for in-game goods from its site. World of Warcraft players seeking to avoid the sun a bit longer will now have to turn elsewhere when they need to purchase the +10 Mace of Divine Smiting.

Full source here

Himse

FH is my second home
They will still just be sold somewhere else.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Wounder if they will do the same to daoc accounts, not just WoW stuff

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds like a good move, thou as said, ppl will move elsewhere. But atleast it will make it harder. I'm semi ok with ppl trading accs, but buying money/items really is crap imo.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
sounds like a good move, thou as said, ppl will move elsewhere. But atleast it will make it harder. I'm semi ok with ppl trading accs, but buying money/items really is crap imo.
On US its fecked the ecconomy badly, now you can buy all the dosh you want instead of earning it, everything is stupidly priced (ML9 chan drops 5-20p on cms for exapmple!).

Accounts is a different thing IMO, cant see the problem with it as an open account no matter who owns it is someone to play with or against.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
but looking at mythics really really bad handling of plat trade, it just gives me a very good reason to play War in EU, as GoA proven they are very strong against the Chinese farm squad.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
but looking at mythics really really bad handling of plat trade, it just gives me a very good reason to play War in EU, as GoA proven they are very strong against the Chinese farm squad.
Nah, its helping the Korean ecconomy.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
old.Whoodoo said:
Nah, its helping the Korean ecconomy.

Yeah support poverty! Buy plat!

By buying just 10plat a month you will be helping koreans live in a home, with food and access to tinternet

So please just 10 plat a month to give these people a chance in life.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
anyone who buys gold from ebay is an idiot

there are far better places to get it

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
DAOC and MMORPGs in general only have themselves to blame, games are more and more seen as a chore especially when it comes to getting items and money. I personally didn't have the time to sit and farm, craft and quest so I happily used Ebay and if I was still playing MMORPGs I'd continue to do it that way.

I get paid roughly £20/hour at work, I'd rather spend £20 and get 10+ hours worth of repeated key pressing than actually sit and do it.

If MMORPGs had any sense they'd make any and all items picked up that are special at all bind to your char, I know certain ones in WoW do. It's been going on for years though, just look at Ultima online, sold my account for almost £1500 when I left to someone who split what I had on it and made a profit.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
On US its fecked the ecconomy badly, now you can buy all the dosh you want instead of earning it, everything is stupidly priced (ML9 chan drops 5-20p on cms for exapmple!).

Accounts is a different thing IMO, cant see the problem with it as an open account no matter who owns it is someone to play with or against.

but what if the account comes with shedload of plats on it to? then its still just as bad as just buying the gold.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

just roll your first char a farm worthy char, and use the stupid prices people WILL pay to your advantage ;)

necro n cleric - week at most? dont even need fop now with regen changes
farm chan for two nights
use cash from levelling n farming to buy house n cm
dump ml9 stuffs on there
retire, buy a small villa in spain and drink pina coladas for the rest of your life !

but yeah, your right, the economy is stupid cos of this ebay crap

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Aeris said:
just roll your first char a farm worthy char, and use the stupid prices people WILL pay to your advantage ;)

necro n cleric - week at most? dont even need fop now with regen changes
farm chan for two nights
use cash from levelling n farming to buy house n cm
dump ml9 stuffs on there
retire, buy a small villa in spain and drink pina coladas for the rest of your life !

but yeah, your right, the economy is stupid cos of this ebay crap
Sounds like a plan. Theres a but tho, as most of that gear isnt actually selling, only new players are wanting to buy it to RoG themselves forthe slug to 50. So from day 1 you need lots of dosh to purchase auralite (15-30g a peice!), RoGs (everything is sold in 1p incriments!), and tools, weapons, or just basic armour. The average cost for a load of RoGs to kit out one toon is around 10p, on excal the same would cost you around 3p.

Signed
Putrids - ML9 Spiritmaster - currently farming in green glades.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
there is also the problem of money laundering aparantly some criminal organisations are laundering money through online games, I know it sounds silly but they buy 100plat with stolen money they then sell that 100plat on.

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Lmao Warky.. I can just imagine all the hard gangsta's sitting round comparing prices on DAOC accounts and plats...

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
there is also the problem of money laundering aparantly some criminal organisations are laundering money through online games, I know it sounds silly but they buy 100plat with stolen money they then sell that 100plat on.

tho they still havent payed tax for the money they make selling the plats (again) wich is illegal. But i guess if they pay their taxes for them it will make the money look clean :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom