Ebay + Scammers = Burn

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, i bought this graphic card on ebay... or lets say i paid for it to begin with. Then the buyer canceled the item, and keeps responding to me and says: Someone stole my Paypal account, so i will cancel your payment.

Have not yet received my money, or he has not responded. Just hoping Paypal will see me as trustworthy and restore my money, whic they do, up to 2000 dollars free of charge. Tbh, second and last time i bought something there, if they don´t repay me. Happened to anyone else, and did it work out as "intended" ?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cant say i have ever been scammed, but i have had refunds on some games i bought rescently because the poor guys house flooded o_O
Paypal is there to sort out this mess so get onto them if there is a problem

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Never had any problems with eBay either really, wait and see.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
raise a dispute on paypal

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
he cant close the dispute, only you can, he can only offer his side of things.

If you paid him money and didn't get what you ordered you get your money back.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
he cant close the dispute, only you can, he can only offer his side of things.

If you paid him money and didn't get what you ordered you get your money back.

Sounds comforting enough. As i spoke to some other people that did not receive same stuff that i bought from him as well.

Syri

FH is my second home
never been scammed, but seen a car ad that looked very much like a scam. Was a classic car at about 1/6th of it's usual price, as a classified ad. The seller said that because they weren't at the address at the time you couldn't go view it, but if you paid for it, they'd delliver it anywhere in the uk, all included in the price.
Thinking it was a bit fishy, my dad got a vehicle report done using the plate on the photo of the car, and found the car had 1 more owner than the add showed, and had last changed hands 2 weeks ago, when the ad said he's had the car since 1990 or something. Turned out they'd copied an ad from someone else, and put it up, not being the actual owners of that car even.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sounds comforting enough. As i spoke to some other people that did not receive same stuff that i bought from him as well.

Recently i bought a few bits and bobs for my PC and they never arrived, i contacted the guy a few times asking where they were and got ignored. i wasnt really sure how the system works but it explains it all as you go along. raise the dispute, if it is not resolved within a week then escalate it. It then gives him two weeks to either refund you or send you the item. All this is looked into by a "neutral" party...paypal staff. If after the two weeks you have still not got anywhere you get refunded.

It works but it takes a while

- English -

Resident Freddy
Recently i bought a few bits and bobs for my PC and they never arrived, i contacted the guy a few times asking where they were and got ignored. i wasnt really sure how the system works but it explains it all as you go along. raise the dispute, if it is not resolved within a week then escalate it. It then gives him two weeks to either refund you or send you the item. All this is looked into by a "neutral" party...paypal staff. If after the two weeks you have still not got anywhere you get refunded.

It works but it takes a while

similar happened to me, waited 3 weeks for my ram, about 2 years ago or so :p... after 2 weeks I complained and got my money back. Gueess what came through the post the next day ;) -- never heard anything again from either of them :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Bought hundreds of items of ebay, only had 2 bad experiences - a cdrom drive in the old days which was obviously knackered though sold as working and funnily enough a stick of ram that I never received. This was a valuable lesson learnt, never buy mechanical PC spares from ebay (CD drives, HDD etc).

Went through a paypal complaint with the second one and got about 2/3 of the cash recovered. Guy said he'd posted it but it had never arrived. What really irritates me is people who charge loads for delivery but cannot be bothered to send stuff recorded mail.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Wow, this helps me alot. Thanks a thousands!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Dear Jakob,

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Transaction Date: Aug 1, 2007
Transaction Amount: -$475.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Seller's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Case Number: PP-318-673-016
Seller's Name: Dale Kristensen
Seller's Email: dalekristensen@hotmail.com

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $475.00 USD.
Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

So, i get this mail from Paypal. But the account balance on Paypal is still 0, and no money back on my credit card account either. Did he agree to pay just to end the dispute but did f*ck all bout it, so i have to start a new dispute ?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
lol. give it ablout 2-3 days. money transfers dont happen instantly unless your using a special transfer method.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
lol. give it ablout 2-3 days. money transfers dont happen instantly unless your using a special transfer method.

Suppose so. My patience is bit short when it comes to certain things i guess.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Suppose so. My patience is bit short when it comes to certain things i guess.

If its going back on your Card could take 5 days in the Dispute Center or Resolution Center cant remember the name you could ask when and how they are refunding you

Gamah

Banned
Soze, you appear to have put an arsenal avatar on your FH profile...an accidental yet horrible mistake?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Soze, you appear to have put an arsenal avatar on your FH profile...an accidental yet horrible mistake?

lol harsh and no it was a intentional horrible mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom