Ebay is okay ?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think if you want to sell your character thats fine however i think it should be done through goa not ebay.

I think goa should have the say on how much your account is worth the problem is you hear of people who buy the account say its a Guild leader which noone has realised has been ebayed and then you find the house has been looted and the guild gutted.

I think that if your going to ebay your characters at least have the decency to tell people your leaving the game disband from your guild set your affairs in order before leaving.

However at the end of the day if you want to risk paying someone for an account they DONT OWN. and goa decides 1 day after you have bought your account to delete it then i wouldnt risk it.

As for the "friends started on a new account and you want to go play with them" well it takes about a week to get powerelveled then if they arnt prepared to help you out then they arnt really friends i would want to be pveing or even rvring with.

Most people who are dedicated can take a week maybe two to get to 50 as for money its easy to get money and funds in daoc you dont even have to buy it from someone online.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
End game is: does it really bother you that much that someone has eBayed his toon? Does it really make all that much difference to you? Okay, so if a newbie buys his toon from eBay, there's a good chance that he may be shite, but come on! I've met people who have levelled their toon from 0 and they still don't have a clue how to play their class! If you feel that strongly about someone being absolute shit at their class, then don't invite them. Simple. You have every right to do that.

But, is that really a reason to get them banned? Will it really make you feel better? Come on, people, it's only a game, and people will all have different opinions about shit (which is what makes life so much fun) try not to cut down someones' fun just because they prefer a different road. That's just bloody childish.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Oddly enough I tend to find the new owner almost always a lot nicer than the original owner.

In some cases they are better at playing the account as well :)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
WullieTheRed said:
End game is: does it really bother you that much that someone has eBayed his toon? Does it really make all that much difference to you? Okay, so if a newbie buys his toon from eBay, there's a good chance that he may be shite, but come on! I've met people who have levelled their toon from 0 and they still don't have a clue how to play their class!

Too true, got asked by a RR9 inf how distract worked... After explaining it he had the balls to ask me = 'Cool, does that work in RvR'

Just goes to show, high RR doesn't cure stupid.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:
Oddly enough I tend to find the new owner almost always a lot nicer than the original owner.

In some cases they are better at playing the account as well :)

Is that a hidden hint to Elcain?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
kinda what vf said..

I dont really mind ppl buying a char rdy for rvr, as in, lvl50 with lvl10artis etc etc.

Buying a rr9 and yapping on the forums is just.. CSkiddiestylee. I cant do much else but laugh at ppl buying a highrank that think they actually achieved something. Normally... as in, before the silleh RPboostpatch, a rr9 usually meant quite alot of hard work, nowadays tho its just a cpl months with any gg that respects nothing. If its a 100% anonymous char that is rr1, fine. I wouldnt mind playing such a toon.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
judas said:
Ebay or not. ppl with crap daocskills should be perma banned.

old.Whoodoo said:
People with poor social skills too...

hmm come to think about it, it must be the other way around if you look at exc/pry cluster atm...

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, i dont think it matters that much tbh.
Learning curve is rather quick on any class imo, atleast to understand the basics.
tho i wouldnt spend shit loads of money on some account which has a high rr.
and after a week figuring out that the account was scammed or what ever, and losing both the account/money
the risk is just a bit to high (considering the prices on "good" accounts is very high)
;)

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Lots of people contradict themselves badly when discussing about ebay.

Someone may say "Ebay is bad, you're nothing if you bought your character". Yet, in the next post they may say that they play for fun or they fight for arthur and don't care about epeen or realmpoints.

To me it seems it's exactly the opposite. If one insists on playing a character made by himself, one definitely cares about getting realmpoints to boost their "self-earned" epeen. And most people who bought a character indeed just "play for fun".

Personally I couldn't care less. Learning to play your character in rvr is much bigger challenge than getting to 50, even if you have the abilities beforehand. I've rvr'd a lot with "ebayed" characters, and we wiped the floor with a lot of grps who had leveled their characters themselves.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i can't see anything wrong with ebaying an account. all and all RvR is what's fun in this game so if you can get there faster i don't mind. it's not like pl:ing a char and then AFK-sticking on a ML-rush and artifact raid is anything other than time consuming and a real bore.

i wouldn't do it though since you don't get to choose the name (roleplayer at heart so i have the same name for all my chars), but i wouldn't have anything against buying PL and gold, and that's kinda the same thing imo.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
If i was ever to play daoc again ild buy an account off ebay, if uve got a job u cant really justify not buying a 90 euro account (5 hours work) as opposed to boring gridning for 100 hours. If uve got experience thers no need to prove urself by lvling the shit up again, espeically if uve not got the time.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
If i was ever to play daoc again ild buy an account off ebay, if uve got a job u cant really justify not buying a 90 euro account (5 hours work) as opposed to boring gridning for 100 hours. If uve got experience thers no need to prove urself by lvling the shit up again, espeically if uve not got the time.

Buy a hib account so i can tickle you:)

Adari

Part of the furniture
Simory said:
What is ppl's opinion about small kids and n00bs that buys an already rr6+ acc and plays it in RvR, so they dont have to lvl there own characters ... ??

i dont think people should care too much, if it brings players into the game then whats the big deal?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Is that a hidden hint to Elcain?

LOL, no, sorry it wasn't.

I don't know the original owner of Elcain, never met him so cannot comment.

I have said before that the new owner is a really nice guy but having never seen much of Elcain playing, I would be unable to comment as such on playstyle.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:
LOL, no, sorry it wasn't.

I don't know the original owner of Elcain, never met him so cannot comment.

I have said before that the new owner is a really nice guy but having never seen much of Elcain playing, I would be unable to comment as such on playstyle.

Hes northern :(

Barun

Loyal Freddie
Appollo said:
Hes northern :(

bleh im not :(

Also i like how people think ebayers are kids,

People ebay because they cba to spend hours making a toon kiting it out doing mls artis lvling the artis spending days doing this when u can buy a acc with all this shit done for a days work,

Ive ebayed alot accounts in the past and had my own chars,

I only buy stealthers tho so i can solo with my own style not adding etc, and ive never had any negative comments apart from anti ebayer d3f1 :p

Tho i strongly agree about people buying accounts then taking all the credit, as some rr11 eld has, lying = bad reputation ;/

Edit:: as gay as it sounds think ive owned x10 the amount of chars ive traded then the ones ive mad my self, ive only ever made a bm eld ranger inf and sorc out of xx amount of chars =( (not including the US chars i made myself)

Also look at maril, plays traded accounts better then the real owners

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
Ebay or not. ppl with crap daocskills should be perma banned.

Or ppl who has played the game so much that they think that its actually cool to have daocskills.:m00:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
how much is a RR 11.3 wizard + a RR 11.2 BB worth these days ?

haha

first and last and always.

some people got PLed by a guild,

some people PLed a guild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom