Ebay is okay ?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
chars on cluster now cant be worth much at all can they?

regarding the "the ebay or not to ebay.."

aslong as its against coc one better follow it I reckon. Otoh, I think its a tad silleh of GOA to not allow it while Mythic allow it.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
I would buy an ebayed account especially some high RR arms etc, isnt it legit in US with some disclaimer? they would probably do well to open some legit trade section, at least then some old school accounts would stay open.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Remember seeing the Rambo auction back in the day. The bidding went to, what, 240quid/360euro? That's was a rr11infi, back when was only a handfull of rr11s on pryd, server and game still going strong, and prolly one of the most well known players.

Be interested if any accounts ever went for much more, don't seem much from the PoV of all the time put in.

Mebbe the 'name' factor on an account actually reduces the value as brings too much baggage with em. Guess most valuble ones nowadays are ones with BB/FoPbot/crafters on so peeps can sort their own toons out.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the reason behind goas rules are down to european legislation where we RENT our characters from goa in the end they own the accounts and we pay a fee to play those characters.

When you sell your account on ebay your actually selling somthing you dont own

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
the reason behind goas rules are down to european legislation where we RENT our characters from goa in the end they own the accounts and we pay a fee to play those characters.

When you sell your account on ebay your actually selling somthing you dont own

Arnt you just subletting? ;)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
fujjeh said:
if u ebay my troll i will not ebay ur shaman, deal?

you can ebay my shaman anytime you want as long as i get the cash :D cuz i dont want it anyhow...

ps. hint hint pm me if intrested :p stlong template and decent rr haha...

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
it's not the little kids that buys em thou, where should they get the money for it from?.

Anyway, I think it's rather unnecessary since you don't know how to play, prolly, the new class which will show pretty fast anyway. And tbh just buying one for the sole reason of no xping, why even buy an account at all?

just my 2 cents.
it's the little kids alright, haven't you ever been targeted by IRL whine from a kid, so anyoning even the most hardened person gives into it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tuthmes said:
Did Aoln ever sell his account?

No idea, saw him a couple of days ago in Caerwent housing. Thought about his famous Scout movie with all the screaming and was too astonished to ask.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think Ebay is a necessary evil unfortunately - which is useful for people that don't have the time, or cannot be bothered to do the PvE grind or level up Crafters or do ML's for the 5th or 6th time.

What SHOULD happen is people leaving the game should be able to sell their toons to the company that then get listed on an internal game board, so that new people that want a toon with a few RR's can buy them (Maybe up to a maximum of RR7 or RR8 so that there is still some end-game to play).
The original owners should also be able to get an identical account back at a later date in case they wanted to come back.

OR the company should sell toons already with things on the PvE side pre-done. (This would only apply to accounts where the grind for ML10 and CL5 had already been done once).
E.G.
Level 50 toon = £20
Lvl50+ML10 = £50
Lvl50+ML10+CL5 = £65
Lvl50+ML10+CL5+Each additional Artifact at level 10 = £65+£10 a time

I still think there should be a pool of RP BETWEEN your characters on your account and every artifact and ML encounter should only have to be done once so that all your toons could access them.

Anyway, back to RvR

Oli - Illu

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
think its best u start from 0 and make your own chars (and i know its a pain in the ass)
:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom