Advice eBay advice

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm done using eBay, but I need one last piece of help.

I sold an item (a tripod head for £45) to a guy in England. I shipped it Special Delivery with Royal Mail, and on tracking the item a few days later it was still showing as "in transit". I contacted the buyer to ask if he had received it to which he confirmed he hadn't. I contacted RM customer services who advised I needed to wait x number of working days before it was deemed lost and could claim compensation. I waited, tracked the item again and it was still showing as "in transit" to which RM customer services said "yep, lost, fill in a claim form". At this point I refunded the buyer's £45 and apologised (all in the interest of being a decent human being / ebayer).

Fast forward a few weeks to today - Royal Mail phone me and say "we've checked, it was definitely delivered" which led to me recounting the above paragraph of events. They said they'd written to that address twice to get confirmation from the recipient that they did receive it but had no response from the buyer. So now I'm in a shit situation of a) I don't have the item or money and b) Royal Mail saying it was definitely delivered even though their tracking system saying otherwise. Royal Mail won't pay out unless the recipient confirms or denies receipt.

As a first step, I've contacted the buyer explaining the above and to respond ASAP so that we can close it off, otherwise I'll need to report it via ebay. I'm a bit lost on where to turn next - advice please?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You have his address, send him a mail saying by chance you and your team are playing rugby nearby and you can call around to see him.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Seems to me like you probably have to take the loss. Unless the guy you sold it to fesses up or starts contacting you. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Was it through PayPal? Could try and raise it through them. Usually pretty helpful.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Apparently Paypal can be c*nts regarding those kind of claims. I bought a graphic card for 400 quid couple of years ago, through Ebay, didn't receive any package even though the seller claimed it was sent. I did file a claim or some such, but actually through Ebay, which they sorted after some back and forth conversation.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you want an honest answer - your fucked.
If you want to put the shitters up this guy - ring his local police and explain his theft and they might go nick him. At the very least it'll scare the shit out of him and he might stop being a cunt.

old.user4556

You know, for £45 I don't think I can be arsed. This is the third and final time I've had shit with eBay.

There's a lot to be said about the trade-in market that a lot of camera retailers run now. Never had an issue there.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I sell all the boiler parts from ones I rip out ,on Ebay, only had one person claiming not to have received it, not bad out of around 300 listings.

soze

I am a FH squatter
From personal experience you are sol the PayPal bot will tell you to take it up with RM unless the guy ignores the case. Both times without pod PayPal sided with the buyer for me.

old.user4556

Post office sent me a cheque for £45, and rightly so.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It'd be difficult for them to explain why their tracking system was at odds with what they claim has happened.

I've sold a cabinet on Ebay just this week. The buyer asked to collect on Sunday. Fine. Then he/she asked about Friday. Fine. Then it became Saturday. Ok. This morning, "can I come today?" Well she could have, but I've decided to ignore the text. Make your fucking mind up and stick to it you silly arse. I have a nagging feeling they'll try and reduce the price when they come, so if that happens I'll just chop the fucker up and put it in the bin.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Guy in work had that. Sold a car and the guy showed up with £300 less than he agreed and would not pay more. He then had the cheek to ask for a lift to the nearest train station. He got told where he could go obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom