Eating sammiches.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok, FH settles things as it usually does;

When you have a sammich that is square(ish atleast), do you take the first bite from the corner, or one of the edges?

Not counting your typical english triangle sammiches this time ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Never eat sammiches really. Not the 'bread' type really as i opt for warm food. But, if i had to, going for the corner first.

On another note, Raven's been spotted in the area:

e3e332bd14423f0921236f46d42dc33092ec8360fecfd0829b99aed7259f73de.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not suprisingly callous popping an agree in there, zero fun folks out on the prowl again :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sorry, I thought you genuinely spelled it incorrectly.

I see a lot of kids call it sammich so thought you had picked up the wrong word along the way.

But if calling something by a different name is fun these days then "OK"

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
How about the peanut-butter variation? Never tried, any good?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
back on topic...corner. What kind of sick weirdo eats a sandwich from the sides?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Corner here too. Tho i usually cut it in half first so sammich from the crust corner first get that out the way for bready filling goodness in the middle.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Corner too. Bigger first mouthful and less chance of getting mayo (or whatever) all over the sides of your mouth.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I don't care, I just eat it but wherever I hold it that bit doesn't get eaten. Must be the stokey blood in me (miner's used to do it) or it's possibly because I'm a bit strange.

Oh wait, I like to eat the crust first, get that out the way because it's the shittest part of the sarnie.

DaGaffer

I don't care, I just eat it but wherever I hold it that bit doesn't get eaten. Must be the stokey blood in me (miner's used to do it) or it's possibly because I'm a bit strange.

Oh wait, I like to eat the crust first, get that out the way because it's the shittest part of the sarnie.

Buy nicer bread.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Make your bread. Balls to shop bought stale in a day crap.

DaGaffer

Which is what?

We buy good bread I just don't like the crust on sandwiches. Personal preference.

Most bread on sale in the UK is terrible, especially in supermarkets. Its the only thing about supermarkets in Ireland that's much better than the UK; really, really good bakery sections.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not a massive fan of normal sandwiches (unless it's Warburton's, I do like Warburton's) as most bread in the UK is too heavy and stodgy. I do make a massive exception for Scottish Morning Rolls however, lovely and fluffy, and go great with some bacon and square sausage. They have started appearing in supermarkets down here too, so that is my usual choice, and being round, they remove the corner debate.

However this is one area that the French have us absolutely smashed - their bread is utterly divine.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I created something I call the Legendary Sandwich... except its not actually a sandwich its more like a toasty and it'll probably make your heart cry in pain and make you die instantly.... but its fucking nice!

3 slices of bread
ham
cheese
ketchup
mayonnaise

toast the bread lightly

first layer is Ham > Ketchup > Cheese

Put 2nd slice of bread on top of the first

second layer is Ham > Mayonnaise > Cheese

put last slice of bread on top of the lot, stick it in the microwave for about 50 seconds (just enough for the cheese to melt) take out and nom - you can prob replace the sauces with other sauces and even the ham with other stuff like garlic sausage etc etc :p you get the idea.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Depends on the sandwij, some freshly made one's require great care, you must approach them at the right angle or the entire contents slide onto the floor with the first bite....yes I'm talkin to you tuna mayonnaise and salad.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We got sour dough starter that the wife keeps feeding to make bread with. Non of this dried yeast rubbish.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I created something I call the Legendary Sandwich... except its not actually a sandwich its more like a toasty and it'll probably make your heart cry in pain and make you die instantly.... but its fucking nice!

3 slices of bread
ham
cheese
ketchup
mayonnaise

toast the bread lightly

first layer is Ham > Ketchup > Cheese

Put 2nd slice of bread on top of the first

second layer is Ham > Mayonnaise > Cheese

put last slice of bread on top of the lot, stick it in the microwave for about 50 seconds (just enough for the cheese to melt) take out and nom - you can prob replace the sauces with other sauces and even the ham with other stuff like garlic sausage etc etc :p you get the idea.

I just want to express my disgust at the thought of that horrendous mix.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We got sour dough starter that the wife keeps feeding to make bread with. Non of this dried yeast rubbish.

You what? Breast feeding?o_O

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You what? Breast feeding?o_O
You have to feed sour dough starter each week with flour. Its a natural yeast sort of thing. And then you use some of it to make the bread rise. Keeping some back to make more starter to make more bread etc etc.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You have to feed sour dough starter each week with flour. Its a natural yeast sort of thing. And then you use some of it to make the bread rise. Keeping some back to make more starter to make more bread etc etc.

She wants to watch out for yeast infections then, I say! :eek:

;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Knife and fork sophisticated master race here. No neanderthal peasant hand eating for me, no thanks

leggy

Probably Scottish
Square or Rectangular Sandwich: Cut in half at the mid point of any edge. Eat from inside (right) corner.

Bagel: Cut in half at the centre line. Eat from inside (right) edge.

Open Sandwich: From any corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom